FfH trivia game thread

I'd like to pick something from the game, but I'm at work. I guess that means I need to bring in my install disk to correct that horrible problem ;)

The only question that comes to mind at the moment should be easy, particularly for anyone who's been around for a long time.

What post on this forum does Kael like more than any other?

- Niilo

I'll assume Kael is not allowed to answer this one, but what if he has recently change his mind?

I'll assume Kael is not allowed to answer this one, but what if he has recently change his mind?
Hint #2: Then he needs to edit a very prominent post.

I don't mind if Kael answers. How easily he answers will verify the validity of his statement that is the subject of this trivia question. Er, that last sentence kinda tumbled out like a pile of rocks...

Nikis-Knight said:
Well, that should be easy--all we need to do is re-read all of Kael's posts. how long could that take?

Hint #2b: I'm sure this would get you the answer, but I've seen the statement in a very prominent post.

- Niilo

Yup, you got it. The 'prominent' post is question is the intro post for Fall from Heaven (I, not II).

- Niilo

Meh - I can't think of a question and it isn't helping that I haven't played FFH in over a month. I'm going to punt and open it up to the floor.

QUESTION - What is the Strength & special ability of a Giant Spider?

Spoiler :
3+1Poison, Hidden Animal, Can poison

I go out on a limb and say that the answer is "3+1Poison, Hidden Animal, Can poison" (actually, the "can poison" is only part of having poison strength. I believe that spiders can also see other hidden animals)

Ok. When and where did the a Black Sea first appear, and what are its waters rumored to do?

idk?
but spiders can now make baby spiders if they defeat a living unit...

I go out on a limb and say that the answer is "3+1Poison, Hidden Animal, Can poison" (actually, the "can poison" is only part of having poison strength. I believe that spiders can also see other hidden animals)

Ok. When and where did the a Black Sea first appear, and what are its waters rumored to do?

when uh, agares fell, and uh, condemn the souls of the dammed?

Answer to MagisterCultuum's question:

When: Age of Magic
Where: by the shores of the plain of Naraka
Rumor: washes away the memories, dreams and wishes of specters, leaving behind a wraith

Correct. (pretty much. I think it only washes memories away from those who are already spectors. )

Spoiler :
During the Age of Dragons, the gods battled across creation. They fought over land and souls, until Dagda enforced the Compact. The Compact established rules for the relations between the angels, including providence over the souls of the living. When a person dies, regardless of race, his soul is brought to the vault of the deity he served in life, knowingly or not.[PARAGRAPH:1]But some people are bound too closely to their earthly life, and when they die they cannot leave this past life behind, lingering in echoes of memories. The loss of this precious life, the frustration of dreams that will never come to be darkens the heart of the spirit. These desires drag the soul into the Infernal Plains. The soul arrives in Hell, where nightmarish shades whisper to the soul, making him relive his darkest memories over and over. After some time, centuries in some cases, the mind and will of many fallen spirits are broken this way, some of these spirits vanish, while others are devoured by the whispering fiends and other animal-shaped Hungry Ghosts, spirits whose reason vanished and who exist only to satisfy their most primal desires. Some spirits survive the mind-shattering whispers and change: they become Specters.[PARAGRAPH:1]Specters are fallen spirits who recovered clear reason. Their appearance and personality are similar to what they had in life, and these will never change; the falling process galvanizes their soul to this shape. These specters group themselves in hopeless communities to defend themselves from a highly hostile environment, but they keep the dreams and wishes they had in life, dreams and wishes whose realization is almost impossible in that hellish place. Dreams and wishes that don't go away, memories of the lost ones, that will to not disappear, nothing fades from the unchanging soul of the Specter.[PARAGRAPH:1]During the Age of Magic, a Black Sea appeared by the shores of the razor-glass plain of Naraka. The sky in Hell is starless, but the waveless surface of the Black Sea reflected stars, stars that are not from Creation. Rumor spread that its waters were capable of making specters lose their memories, dreams and wishes, of making one's self disappear. Many specters, bored with their grey afterlife, pilgrimaged to the Black Sea, washing away their heart. But the dark waters don't wash away everything; a husk stays behind, a husk that is animated by ominous will. These beings are called Wraiths, a creature so unnatural that they are hated even by the fiends. After they are born on the shores of the Black Sea they float to a sinister tower in the middle of that sea, a windowless tower of infinite height, and no man knows what exists inside.

You seem to know how to search for words in excel files better than the average poster on this thread. :D

Correct. (pretty much. I think it only washes memories away from those who are already spectors. )

Spoiler :
During the Age of Dragons, the gods battled across creation. They fought over land and souls, until Dagda enforced the Compact. The Compact established rules for the relations between the angels, including providence over the souls of the living. When a person dies, regardless of race, his soul is brought to the vault of the deity he served in life, knowingly or not.[PARAGRAPH:1]But some people are bound too closely to their earthly life, and when they die they cannot leave this past life behind, lingering in echoes of memories. The loss of this precious life, the frustration of dreams that will never come to be darkens the heart of the spirit. These desires drag the soul into the Infernal Plains. The soul arrives in Hell, where nightmarish shades whisper to the soul, making him relive his darkest memories over and over. After some time, centuries in some cases, the mind and will of many fallen spirits are broken this way, some of these spirits vanish, while others are devoured by the whispering fiends and other animal-shaped Hungry Ghosts, spirits whose reason vanished and who exist only to satisfy their most primal desires. Some spirits survive the mind-shattering whispers and change: they become Specters.[PARAGRAPH:1]Specters are fallen spirits who recovered clear reason. Their appearance and personality are similar to what they had in life, and these will never change; the falling process galvanizes their soul to this shape. These specters group themselves in hopeless communities to defend themselves from a highly hostile environment, but they keep the dreams and wishes they had in life, dreams and wishes whose realization is almost impossible in that hellish place. Dreams and wishes that don't go away, memories of the lost ones, that will to not disappear, nothing fades from the unchanging soul of the Specter.[PARAGRAPH:1]During the Age of Magic, a Black Sea appeared by the shores of the razor-glass plain of Naraka. The sky in Hell is starless, but the waveless surface of the Black Sea reflected stars, stars that are not from Creation. Rumor spread that its waters were capable of making specters lose their memories, dreams and wishes, of making one's self disappear. Many specters, bored with their grey afterlife, pilgrimaged to the Black Sea, washing away their heart. But the dark waters don't wash away everything; a husk stays behind, a husk that is animated by ominous will. These beings are called Wraiths, a creature so unnatural that they are hated even by the fiends. After they are born on the shores of the Black Sea they float to a sinister tower in the middle of that sea, a windowless tower of infinite height, and no man knows what exists inside.

You seem to know how to search for words in excel files better than the average poster on this thread. :D

This one I actually remembered reading one time. Anyway, time for my question.

This may be a little tough because not even I can find the picture, but I think someone should be able to guess correctly: Which mana sphere lies in the direct center of all the others?

Okay, assuming I'm correct in my answer, here's my question:

Which is the only technology to have a soundbyte upon discovery in FfH? (alright, it's sort of easy too, but I can't think of a better one at the moment)

Malevolent Designs (from Monty Python)

Ok,
How many names do the angels have to refer to The One, and where can you find them all written?

Malevolent Designs (from Monty Python)

Ok,
How many names do the angels have to refer to The One, and where can you find them all written?
I actually remembered this one: 5 names and Basium's fingers. I really like the pedia entry for him.

On each of the fallen angel's fingers was carved one of the five angelic names for the Most Holy One.

- Niilo

Top Bottom