• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

FfH trivia game thread

If only that would work with discovering who Decius is, haha

I'll give the question to loocas

Here's one. Two characters names have been changed in the following story. Who are the characters, and what are their true names?

[tab]Screams echoed through Galveholm. There was no way to predict their frequency, often days or weeks would pass between hearing them. But when they did occur it was impossible to deny the tortured anguish in them. Even the most hardened would whisper a quiet prayer for the victim, and many in the city were reduced to tears.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[tab]Gaulos had a way with women, he prided himself on it. There were few things he couldn't get through guile or smile. Perhaps they wouldn't agree to his most intimate desires, but they would join him alone in a dark cellar, and that was all the cooperation he required.

[tab]He found young girls the most vulnerable. In naively agreeing to his meetings, being unable to resist his forced advances once alone, and the most satisfying to his desires. Even so young they were still women and suseptible to his charms.

[tab]But he was too eager, a village ripe with beautiful young girls nearly stopped his heart when his caravan rolled into it. They chased each other outside a small temple and cared for delicate dolls. After three went missing the village was on the verge of hysteria, the caravan was torn apart and he was accused of the murders. They had no evidence, but that isn't required in such situations so Gaulos headed somewhere they wouldn't follow, into the Sheaim lands.

[tab]Now he stood in a pack of lowest dregs of humanity outside of the Sheaim gates. Immigrants had to display some skill before they were allowed into the city, and since the gatekeeper was male, Gaulos didn't have anything to show. They had already begun to pull some aside to tend to the pyre's, and no one returned from that.

[tab]On his third day at the gate a stir rose from inside the city. The guards, to that point cruel and inattentive, went suddenly alert and the gatekeeper ordered everyone away from the gate. Bestial men that had been pissing and horsehockyting off the wall and onto the huddled immigrants below became paragons of duty.

[tab]Gaulos and the mass of lesser men waited quietly. Nothing scared the Sheaim, and many began to pull back further from the gate. Then they saw the source of the fear coming, a black carriage pulled by horses with burning hooves and wild, bestial eyes. As they got closer they could see that the horses had sharp wolf like teeth, those accustomed to tearing flesh, and they looked at the assembled men like beasts viewing their next meal.

[tab]A mobius witch drove the carriage. Her form twisted and bent back in on itself as if she was a leather skin stretched tight over a rough stone, as if she wasn't able to fully enter this world. But inside the carriage was a more amazing site. Annasophia, Queen of Storms, sat and showed little interest in the outside. Despite the carriages solid construction the windows were open and their were no signs of any precautions taken to protect its passenger.

[tab]The carriage stopped at the gate where Annasophia passed a few quiet questions to the gatekeeper before preparing to head into the city. Knowing that it may be his last chance to use his only gift Gaulos stepped up onto the road behind the carriage.

[tab]“My Queen, please allow me entrance to your magnificant city.”

[tab]She eyed him dispassionatly. The gatekeeper looked horrified and shocked by Gaulos's behavior. If Annasophia's neck would have stretched out and allowed her to bite off Gaulos's head no one at the gate would have been surprised. But since he was now committed Gaulos continued on.

[tab]“The legend of your beauty brought me to these lands, across barren wastes and dangerous roads. But now I see that those who spoke of you were lying, for you are twice as beautiful as they described.”

[tab]Again there was nothing but stunned silence. Then finally Annasophia replied, “Get in.”

[tab]Stunned, no one knew what to do. Annasophia kicked open the carriage door and that jolted the gatekeeper into action. He held the door while Gaulos climbed in.

[tab]The carriage rolled through Galveholm while nobles and peasants scrambled out of the way. They looked at Annasophia and Gaulos with fear and wonder. This was a life Gaulos could get used to.

[tab]He took his eyes off the street and saw she was regarding him. He met her gaze, dipping his head enough to let his boyish bangs obscure the eyes women always complimented him for. He looked back up and smiled, but her expression didn't change.

[tab]Feeling a bit uncomfortable Gaulos asked, “Where are we going?”

[tab]“To meet your father.”

[tab]The tattered edges of the mobius witches robes reached through the window of the carriage and brushed up against Gaulos's neck. The touch made him shiver even in the oppressive heat of the day. Gaulos's father was a dockworker in the Lanun city of Bolans, he hadn't talked to him in years, and he couldn't imagine a less likely destination for the carriage.

[tab]The Sheaim palace was ahead and the gates were raised as the carriage approached. They stopped in a courtyard where a band of Revelers argued. Annasophia stepped out of the carriage without pretense. Gaulos followed, more from fear of being left alone with the odd monsters then from desire to stay with her. As they entered the palace he could hear slaves being dragged over and fed to the dark horses.

[tab]Inside a minotaur opened a great vault door. Behind the door stairs led deep beneath the palace. Gaulos briefly considered not going but a glance from the minotaur sent him scrambling down the stairs behind Annasophia.

[tab]The palace construction gave way to natural caverns. The stairs were replaced by a rough stone floor that had worn spots where Annasophia stepped without thinking. Jewels in her armor radiated a pale light and provided the only illumination in the passage. Gaulos struggled to stay within the radius of her light.

[tab]The passage ended at a small chamber with a stone arch in the center. Annasophia stepped up to the arch and traced runes in the air before it. Then she stepped into the arch and the chamber went dark.

[tab]Gaulos scrambled forward. He had a vague memory of those girls he seduced into joining him in dark cellars, at that point where his eyesight was better in the dark than theirs and he could sit back and watch them fumble in the darkness. He imagined that all the girls he hurt and killed were watching him, enjoying those last few moments before they killed him. The memory made him panic and he slammed against the stone arch and fell through the archway.

[tab]Sudden brightness blinded him. Torches hung on the walls and in the center of the room a man hung over a pit bound by bright silver chains. The man was gaunt and looked strained beyond exhaustion, but he was uninjured. Annasophia walked over to the man,withdrew a crystal from her armor and held it over the pit.

[tab]Gaulos picked himself up and walked over behind her. The chained man looked up in surprise and yelled.

[tab]“Run child, run!”

[tab]Gaulos froze, the man's words had power but when Gaulos looked back at the arch there was only darkness and the imagined ghosts of his victims beyond it. There was no other place to run. Instead Gaulos spoke to Annasophia.

[tab]“That's not my father.”

[tab]Annasophia smirked, “Of course it is, the first father. Pelor, my husband.” she said the last part with clear disdain. “We are here to find a way to kill him.”

[tab]With that black flames burst up out of the pit.

[tab]“These fires are said to be able to burn the ethereal, they are from the deepest hell. I wonder what effect it will have on immortal flesh.”

[tab]Annasophia raised her hand and Pelor was dropped into the pit. His screams echoed through the chamber and up into Galveholm above. Gaulos turned to run, his fear of ghosts replaced by the torment in front of him. But Annasophia was faster. She grabbed him by the collar and dragged him to the pit.

[tab]“I need to know the effect on mortal flesh as well.”

[tab]Gaulos reached within the folds of his shirt, for the knife he always kept there. With one smooth movement he thrust it up into Annasophia's throat.

[tab]Annasophia laughed, “If you could kill me we wouldn't need these damn tests!”

[tab]Gaulos withdrew the knife to stab again only to notice that the wound healed as soon as the knife was removed. Then Annasophia shoved him down into the pit with the screaming Pelor. The flames quickly rushed up his legs and onto his chest and head. His screams joined Pelor's.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[tab]Gaulos awoke in a grey wasteland. His skin was burnt and blistered, his boyish hair was burnt off. Every movement was torture. He knew he was dead. It was an uncomfortable afterlife but bearable. Until Gaulos saw the spirits of the girls he killed coming for him.

I'm gonna guess Annasophia is Os-Gabella, and Pelor is Nemed. Although, I don't know why Os-Gabella would call him her husband, unless she was referring to the past... but I don't know if Nemed's second wife, if any, have been mentioned. I'll stick with that guess anyway.

I'm gonna guess Annasophia is Os-Gabella, and Pelor is Nemed. Although, I don't know why Os-Gabella would call him her husband, unless she was referring to the past... but I don't know if Nemed's second wife, if any, have been mentioned. I'll stick with that guess anyway.

You got it! There is a reason she said the "husband" statement with disdain.

Here's another (unless Loocas wants to go):

How many of Bhall's angels refused to fall with her, and what is the relevence of that number (hint: its a mathetical significance)?

yea, the later part of it about him killing girls and stuff doesn't really fit Falamar.

There are only two immortal females in the game, Alexis and Os-Gabella. So Annasophia has to be Os-Gabella.

Nope, thats not the right number.

[strikethrough]That's what the pedia entry said, I'm not sure whether it's 440 including Brigit or if that number doesn't include Brigit, then it's 441.[/strikethrough] (or however the heck you do it on this forum)

I should have read it more carefully, it's 441, I still don't get the relevance though.

[strikethrough]That's what the pedia entry said, I'm not sure whether it's 440 including Brigit or if that number doesn't include Brigit, then it's 441.[/strikethrough] (or however the heck you do it on this forum)

I should have read it more carefully, it's 441, I still don't get the relevance though.

Thats the right number, I bet MC will figure it out.

How do you do the strikethrough thing? I've seen it used on this forum before but no idea how, and there is no option for it on the toolbar above the text box.

Nope, thats not the right number.

Are you sure?

She withered in the onslaught of flames, for the first time feeling the sensation of burning. It was as if she dove into the sun. Tears of gold ran down her sword, so hot it was melting before reaching its target. Her armor popped and warped and her wings were little more than charred stubs.

Behind her 440 angels fought against thousands. There was little hope but they fought because hope was not required, only passion for what they were. And hatred for what they would not become.

They were all hurling down. Bhall had succumbed, and in that thought destroyed the heaven that they all occupied. She paid little attention to the war raging around her, a battlefield streaking through the sky, angels flying, burning and killing each other. Bhall was the burning heart of the inferno, like a massive meteor surrounded by thousands of shattered pieces, and Brigit was diving towards her.

Brigit landed on her chest, her willpower split between protecting herself, guiding her movements and reaching out to Bhall. Brigit was barely taller than the goddess head but she raised her sword to drive it through to Bhall's heart.

"My queen, you must recant. The men and gods all stand on your strength. In your loss you will consume creation."

There was no response, Brigit raised her sword again, but she could not finish the motion. It was not the pain, or the fall, she was simply unable to do it.

"Can you not kill me child?"

Bhall's words rang through each of her angel's. Behind her Brigit could see the ground nearing, there was a great city below with tall spires and vast domed temples.

"You cannot fall, you won't let this happen!"

Bhall closed her eyes, as if considering the statement, then lashed out at her highest angel grabbing Brigit in her right hand and pointing her left toward the mass of warring angels. In that second each of the 440 angels that hadn't followed Bhall that had remained loyal to her holy dominion was incinerated in pale yellow flames. The thousands that had followed their queen cheered, Brigit could see that they were already being transformed by their fall into twisted horrid shapes. Of all of Bhalls angels only Brigit remained pure and beautiful.

"You will not join me?"

"No." Brigit remained absolute.
Just before striking the ground Bhall threw Brigit away from her. To a place where fire creatures would never go, deep into the lands of snow and ice. Bhalls commands chased after her, forming a prison for the archangel, a ring of lights that burn anyone who tries to pass through it. And to this day Brigit remains trapped within it.

Did you write it wrong in the civilopedia? Do we need to add 1 to include Brigit herself, bringing the number to 441? Were these not all the angels that refused to fall, but the others didn't fight? I do believe you had previously said that some of her angels defected to other gods (most of these to Lugus), but this seems to say that only Brigit survived

On another note, shouldn't the Bannor have Fire mana, since they were once Bhall's people. Plus, they still have a "burning passion" for the law, and often use fire to purge corruption. I don't see why they would have Earth mana instead.

Edit: oh, so it is 441. I'm still thinking of the significance.

Does it have to do with it being the the square of 21?

Edit: Maniac barely beat me to it.

Well, I hadn't actually read the passage yet.

Still, we need more details. How was he imprisoned? Does he ever escape? (I assume that the Black Flames would have little effect on him (by which I mean it is still non-lethal), or else Os-Gabella wouldn't still be around either.)

It just causes pain by the look of it. She doesn't want to cause herself pain or she would do the tests on herself. She's trying to find away to kill herself by doing tests on Nemed.

Top Bottom