• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

FfH trivia game thread

Awesome thread. Four new trivia questions:

1. Now here's a question I don't know the answer to. In my last game (Khazad) I noticed that my stonewardens were gaining XP automatically over time. I assume that this was either from (1) religion of Kilmorph being spread to new cities by thanes, or (2) temples being built. They stopped gaining XP when upgraded to dwarven druids (non-religious) and thanes of Kilmorph don't get the XP. Could anyone clarify, what is it that makes the mid and upper -level priests gain XP, religion spread, temples, or something else? Thanks.

2. Another trivia question. What is the max production bonus you can get playing as Khazad? I am so spoiled by playing the awesome Khazads that it is hard for me to play any other civ :)

3. Best disciple unit? I have to say it's not paladin, even with their holy damage bonus. In my past game as Khazad I have lots of earth nodes and with the affinity my dwarven druids had +18 strength. Add this to earthquake, heal, stoneskin, and their crush ability (forget what it's called) and you have a unit that can do damage to surrounding enemy stacks, attack, and heal. Will take votes or opinions about other disciple units.

4. What is a list of all of the units that have AFFINITY ratings? This is such a powerful feature it would be nice to have a full list.

Awesome thread. Four new trivia questions:

1. Now here's a question I don't know the answer to. In my last game (Khazad) I noticed that my stonewardens were gaining XP automatically over time. I assume that this was either from (1) religion of Kilmorph being spread to new cities by thanes, or (2) temples being built. They stopped gaining XP when upgraded to dwarven druids (non-religious) and thanes of Kilmorph don't get the XP. Could anyone clarify, what is it that makes the mid and upper -level priests gain XP, religion spread, temples, or something else? Thanks.

2. Another trivia question. What is the max production bonus you can get playing as Khazad? I am so spoiled by playing the awesome Khazads that it is hard for me to play any other civ :)

3. Best disciple unit? I have to say it's not paladin, even with their holy damage bonus. In my past game as Khazad I have lots of earth nodes and with the affinity my dwarven druids had +18 strength. Add this to earthquake, heal, stoneskin, and their crush ability (forget what it's called) and you have a unit that can do damage to surrounding enemy stacks, attack, and heal. Will take votes or opinions about other disciple units.

4. What is a list of all of the units that have AFFINITY ratings? This is such a powerful feature it would be nice to have a full list.

uh, you're supposed to answer the current question first, then when you win, you can ask your question.

Number 3 is mainly opinion and number 4 is going to be a long list.

All priest and mage units gain xp over time.

Is this:

40% for overflowing vaults
50% for God King
50% for Dwarven Smithy with all the resources
25% for Machinist's Shop
20% for Serfdom

for 185% :hammers:

then of course you could get for military units:

10% Order Temple
10% Empyrean Temple
10% Nationhood
10% Weaponsmith

for 225% :hammers: for units

Nope. I don't mean one from the Planar Gates... Neither of them are in the game in any way anymore, sadly...

The Chaos Marauders come through the Planar Gates....

I'll give someone else a chance, since I pretty much made a guess two times in a row.

Nope. I don't mean one from the Planar Gates... Neither of them are in the game in any way anymore, sadly...

Guardian vines and lifespark?

Beasts of Agares never were summons. Azer were, but people in general weren't big fans of it because it was so similar to a fireball.

Imps and Chaos Marauders are still units in the game, but they are not summons anymore. Imps are now only the Infernal Adept UU, and Chaos Marauders purely a Sheaim Planar Gate unit. Although I'm not sure that one can say "that everyone would like [them] back in FfH," since that is really subjective, but this is probably what he was looking for. They were removed despite being the most unique summons. Imps are demonic adepts came with free random spell spheres so they could cast level 1 spells and build nodes (although this was not very useful without the summoner trait), and Chaos Marauders had distinction of being a strong level 2 summon that would often turn against its casters (but was very nice for barbarian trait civs, and fun to cast in or near rival territory so you could capture their cities after the barbs took them over. Now that I think of it, that is probably why the summon was removed.)

On a side note, these will both be reintroduced in my modmod, and improved. Chaos Marauders in general will start Mutated (like freaks; the mutation spell will either be removed, or made OO). I may have to make the spell cause a declaration of war, and/or make the unit unable to attack cities though, to prevent exploits. Imps will have a habit of sometimes bringer their stronger big brothers (like Balors) with them, who are unlikely to take commands so easily (i.e., they will probably be Barbarian, although you might get a chance to control them for a turn or two before they kill you. Oh, and Balors will have fire and entropy affinity, and can cast Ring of Fire). Imps will still get random spell spheres, and might rarely also have channeling 2. This will be more useful when I include xienwolf's duration from promotions ability.)

Edit: oh, that was wrong?

Guardian Vines and Lifespark could be it. Guardian Vines are still in the unit defines, but the spell to summon them is gone. These Strong, Immobile defenders were among the more unique summons. Lifesparks in the later versions of vanilla FfH were very nice, since they would sacrifice themselves to stop your heroes from dieing, but their special ability was never implemented in BtS so there really wasn't much point in having them.

I may add back Guardian Vines too,, as a Nature 2 or 3 spell. This will be a permanent summon again and will probably gain Poison Strength, nature affinity, combat bonuses in Forests/Ancient Forests/Jungles, and the Entangle Sell (to immobilize rivals). Also, the default AI will be changed to defense (Why on earth would Kael set the AI to use a DOMAIN_IMMOBILE unit primarily for attack?). Obviously, I'll improve it more if it is a level 3 than level 2 spell. I'm probably going to give Vitalize a significant delay for casting. If that is all I do, I'll move it to Nature II and make the Guardian Vines be Nature III. Otherwise, I'll make it actually improve the base yields of the tile and/or discover resources (maybe randomly, instead of every time), instead of just changing the terrain. (Hmm...an improved version of Vitalize might be better as a Creation sphere spell...)

lifespark?

The Lifespark was the other I was looking for. I wasn't aware that the Chaos Marauder was still a Sheaim unit :blush:
Did we not all want the Lifespark back though? I still think it should be a Life III spell, as the current Life III spell is never useful unless you actually own a Life Node and have lost your hero. It's one you'd get after you need it. Perhaps Life should mirror Death (there's something odd about that...) and have 2 level III spells...

I wouldn't mind having Lifesparks come back, but only if they got their old special ability back or maybe some other really cool new ability that no one has thought of yet. I think Kael said that the old way was too processor intensive, or something.

It would be nice for more (maybe even all) spell sphere promotions to have multiple spells, at least for the top tier. Trust is even worse than Resurrection, since it is impossible to use twice. I made Peace (no longer a Corindale only spell but it still kills the caster) be a Life III/Spirit III cross sphere spell, to strengthen both of the two weakest top tier sphere promos. I also made Resurrection kill nearby undead units (I'm still trying to figure out a good way to make it instead convert the undead to appropriate living units under the caster's control)

I wouldn't mind having Lifesparks come back, but only if they got their old special ability back or maybe some other really cool new ability that no one has thought of yet. I think Kael said that the old way was too processor intensive, or something.

Yeah, intercepting during combat to look through the units stack and see if a lifespark was there was to much maintenance for what it did.

I just liked them for their useful healing boost. Medic III wasn't to be sniffed at, on the offensive or defensive

The Lifespark was the other I was looking for. I wasn't aware that the Chaos Marauder was still a Sheaim unit :blush:
Did we not all want the Lifespark back though? I still think it should be a Life III spell, as the current Life III spell is never useful unless you actually own a Life Node and have lost your hero. It's one you'd get after you need it. Perhaps Life should mirror Death (there's something odd about that...) and have 2 level III spells...

So, do i ask the next trivia question then?

If so, then open floor...

Beasts of Agares never were summons. Azer were, but people in general weren't big fans of it because it was so similar to a fireball.

I was just making a guess, although I knew that the Beast of Agares is too powerful to have been a summon since former summons were usually weakened or otherwise tweaked. Speaking of the Azer, that one really should have it's own pedia entry.

Is this:

40% for overflowing vaults
50% for God King
50% for Dwarven Smithy with all the resources
25% for Machinist's Shop
20% for Serfdom

for 185% :hammers:

Pretty good. Machinist's shop is only 20%, and God King only applies to the capital.

Then there are some good ways to increase hammer yield on squares too, like blasting powder.

For affinity, we have:

Heroes
Brigit: 1 fire
Chalid Astrakein: 2 sun
Yvain the Woodelf: 2 nature

Air Elemental: 1 sun
Aurealis: 2 sun
Djinn: 1 for ALL mana types
Druid: 1 nature
Dwarven Druid: 1 earth
Earth Elemental: 1 earth
Fire Elemental: 1 fire
Mistform: 1 shadow
Shadowrider: 1 shadow
Spectre: 1 death
Water elemental: 1 water
Wraith: 1 death

That's everything I could find in the civilopedia, unless I missed something.

One comment to make is that the neutral units, shadow units, and elemental units with affinities are much more powerful in late game (presuming one has been able to get a number of the appropriate mana nodes online) than the good or evil units that start with higher bonuses but cannot improve.

OK, here's one:
How can the Malakim found the Aegeon's Bounty without domination, command promotion, or random events?
Magister countdown
:band::dance:[party] 300 hundred posts!

Top Bottom