FfH2 0.22 Bug Thread

Ah, right, and that early in the game...

Any tile with a melee or recon barbarian unit, I believe.
I had Orthus spawn 1 tile outside my capital and I had no barbarians in my territory. I thanked him for the axe after he attacked my hills fortified warrior (well, I lost one and killed him on my turn). I would suggest having him spawn in neutral/barbarian territory only to let him get some XP before he fights.

I also had the multiple (four!) Acheron bug, and the city didn't even have The Dragon's Horde.

I've been hearing explosions (like from a cannon bombardment) at the beginning of my turns, but I can't figure out what's causing them. No one has any ships/cannons/etc. and I'm not near Acheron.

The total happiness and health for my capital are added incorrectly. Both are one extra.

If you look at the city screen, it shows 5 and 8. However when you mouse over them to see how the total is generated, the parts equal 4 and 7.

I'm playing on Emperor. Base happiness should be 4 (3 default and 1 for palace).

---

I've tried restarting games at different difficulty levels (Monarch to Immortal). Saw all three cases: both right, one wrong, both wrong.

I did not notice this with 0.21.

Enchantment mana gives an unrecorded +1 happiness. Life gives an unrecorded +1 health. Other mana also has extra bonuses that don't seem to show up (earth mana increases the chance to find metals in your mines, etc.).

I do believe you need their unique building, the Governor's Mansion, for unhappy workers to produce hammers.

Did you test it? Did it work for you?

It doesn't seem work with the Governor's Mansion either. In my test, the only hammers I had came from working the land. Unhappy citizens generated nothing, with or without the Mansion.

In addition to the multiple Acheron spawn, (might have only been two), the Acheron pop-up explaining him and his horde didn't appear.

I'm having a serious slow-down problem. Even though I'm still playing 21.f, I had exactly the same problem at almost the same place in 15.k, so I'm going to report it here.

I'm playing multiplayer hotseat games to try to get the maximum amount of learning possible. My current game is on a large pangea map at prince level (normal). It started with 8 civs, of which I played 6, but Orthus wiped out the Lunan fairly early. There are now only two bararian cities left, including the city held by Acheron. All other territory is controlled by my 5 civs or the 2 AI civs.

Now comes the problem! About turn 265 (it happened exactly the same way at about the same time in my 15k game) the amount of time the computer takes between turns suddenly increases from 10 seconds to about 10 minutes. This is not in between each AI player turn and mine, but after the final move of the turn when the "Next player" has acknowleged his turn and it's just loading the graphics. If there is an AI player message coming in, then that music plays the whole time. Otherwise, the background music continues until it runs out and then remains silent. Once the graphics finally load, everything works fine and there are no further delays between players until the next end of turn sequence.

I want to continue these games because I've never seen the late stages of an ffH2 yet, but 10 minutes between each turn is too much.

Enchantment mana gives an unrecorded +1 happiness. Life gives an unrecorded +1 health. Other mana also has extra bonuses that don't seem to show up (earth mana increases the chance to find metals in your mines, etc.).

BINGO! Thanks.

I was actually thinking about this while driving to lunch. Remembered the mana node effects were not being "documented" on the city screen. Life no longer shows any health bonus where it was +2 in 0.21. Yes. I know it's one per node now.

I think these unrecorded effects qualify as a bug.

This may be an old thing, but I founded a religion and the unit and religion were both founded in a city of my permanent ally. Doesn't affect my win chances, but it is odd.

The following code appears to be comparing a unit class to a unit; I assume that this is wrong; it should be UNITCLASS_SETTLER and UNITCLASS_WORKER.
Spoiler :
Code:
	if pPlayer.getCivics(gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVICOPTION_CULTURAL_VALUES')) == gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVIC_CRUSADE'):
		if eUnitClass == gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_WORKER'):
			return True
		if eUnitClass == gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_SETTLER'):
			return True

These are all recorded in the change log spoilered in the first post. Or at least all that you mentioned.

I meant that the effects work, but the game doesn't show where the extra happiness/health is coming from. I think that still qualifies as a bug. I noticed that the civilopedia lists the effects too.

It qualifies as a cosmetic issue, yes.

You sure this is a good idea? From what I'm seeing so far, it's not working out too well for the AI. At the rate that I'm able to lure warriors out of the city, I'm going to end up over running the guy with my spiders plus all my other people.

Making them invisible will only make them more powerful (much like killing obi-wan).

I got this after using Burning blood with a Moroi.
Spoiler Summoned Moroi? :

Yeap, thats how we kill units after using burning blood, we mark them as summoned units.

I don't know if it's my problem, but three of the four times I've loaded FFH2 0.22 as the "opening epic story" if you will, begibs and I click on it to start the game, I get the "error report" and the game shuts down. I've installed patch"a" and all that python .ini stuff is over my head/ Any suggestions.

See if you can get me a screenshot of that error.

This probably doesn't belong here, but I don't know where else to put it.
The AI needs to stop attacking Loki, in my present game Loki is aborbing up to 10 attacks a tern, which prevents those units from then attacking my units that can be destroyed.

Attachments

• orthusbad.jpg
    orthusbad.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 322
Yeah, Orthus can popup anywhere.

Top Bottom