1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.23 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Gabriel21

Gabriel21 Warlord

Now for the second time, the game (.23c) stops in a rather late turn. The music ends, when clicking the left mouse, the music continues, but you wait ... and wait ... the game never will continue. Who can help? I'll then submit the dump record. Thanks in advance.

2. Gabriel21

Gabriel21 Warlord

Just remove HN, so he is save from the others, who also can attack it without cause.

3. Allamute

Allamute Chieftain

Hi! I stopped to play this mod cos i moved for another place and so i didnt have a computer right now. To make correct instalation, i need a exact instructions. At first i need to install my Civ. 4 and the v1.61 Patch on official site. Then, i have to download the Fall from Heaven II (223.38 MB) Version: 0.23. After this, i should take Patch "c". So, there is this Media Pack. Where should i put this ? At the same place of FfHII 0.23?
    After check this, there is a problem. I tried to dowloand the game and Media Pack but i recevided a error message that says thats not avaiable at moment or its rong. What coul I do ? I would love to play today. Thanks for any kind of help.

4. Raguel

Raguel Chieftain

I generally play as Bannor/Capria. I choose Terra/Huge/Temperate/Medium. When I try to play another game using the same set up, the game crashes. I thought it was a saved game issue, so I deleted all the saved games that had this "profile". It worked for a time. Now it doesn't work, no matter what I do. It seems to be specifically with that set up. I can switch out Capria for Sabathiel (sp), and it works fine. I can make the world Large, and it works fine. All other combos seem to work fine for me.

5. Vatras

Vatras Warlord

I have played several games with 0.23c with various people and leaders, and the following happened only once. I was playing on a standard sized map (islands, same as in 90% of my games) as the Sheaim and had almost researched Infernal Pact, and until then everything worked fine, including a war with my neighbour. Then came the moment where I could choose to play as Hyborem instead of my original choice, and since I wanted to try this out, I said Yes. From that turn onwards each and every game turn took at least 3 minutes for the AI to finish.

Is that a known problem with the Infernals, and if so, is there a way to get around it?

(I tried restarting Civ from scratch, reloading the game, rebooting the computer, etc.; when I load a save before becoming the Infernals everything is at normal speed, and if I pick them, I can go and make coffee between turns. When I declined the option and stayed Sheaim, I had no slowdown either.)

6. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Emperor

When Order spreads to a city I'm not getting the free acolyte. :(

Hmm, it works sometimes, but other times it doesn't. I guess that is intended and there is just a chance of it happening. The civilopedia gave me the impression that it was automatic.

Also, the Guardsman promotion helps iwth city maintenence? How much does it reduce it by? I see no modifiers or numbers so I can't tell if it is working.

7. Aradiel

Aradiel Warlord

In my current game the Basium faction was eleminated because their city revolted and joined a neighbouring civ. Although very funny this seems kinda odd to me. Should the city pop not be converted to a real faction when the gate is finished ?

8. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

sorry, not anymore. That was removed when the law mana recieved the same effect.

9. Satyr61

Satyr61 Chieftain

Like Gabriel21, I get the same problem. I kept the game running all night (12 hours) and it never did resolve itself; just kept waiting for "others" to move. It was the turn after the turn my Armageddon counter reached 90 if that has something to do with it. I did save the game the turn before the game hung, so I will see what I can do to avoid it happening again.

Bob

10. MagicBermel

MagicBermel Chieftain

I have the problem that I can't spread out the religion ashen veil to cities that don't have the religion yet becuase there's no button to do so. Other religions can be spreat by the right units. Is this a bug or is there any condition on the ashen veil religion to be spreat out?

11. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Emperor

Does the city have The Order? I think those two religions don't mix well.

12. Chip56

Chip56 King

If there is the order you always fail but you should have the button.
    MagicBermel what unit to you use to spread AV?
    If it is a priest than you dont have a spread relegion button but instead a found temple.

13. MagicBermel

MagicBermel Chieftain

I have the German version. So I don't know the correct english translations. You could be right with the hint that Ashen Veil can't be spreat out to cities with the order religion (I think the order has a red symbol other than Ashen Veil, in German "Die Weisung") because the only 2 cities which I am not able to convert to Ashen Veil are these with the order symbol. The unit I tried to spread the Ashen Veil had the help text that it can be used to spread the Ashen Veil religion, so I think I took the right unit. There was no found temple button.
    Ok, then it's probably not a bug but a feature. Thanks for clearing this up.

14. Fritzworth

Fritzworth Chieftain

Bug or feature?

FfH2, .23c, single player. I'm preparing to invading an annoying (and annoyed) AI neighbor. I mass troops on the border. I bring up the dialog panel with that neighbor to declare war -- and the AI gives me the standard "go away, I have nothing to say to you." I can't declare war. However, I can't move my troops into the neighbor's territory, either. Nice for the AI, and I wish I could do that when they want to attack me, but a pain for me.

I have a saved game that I can upload if that will help. ..fritz..

15. Chip56

Chip56 King

Press alt while you click on him to declare war without talking to him.
    Normally that should only be impossible if you try to move more than one field into his territory with the mouse or if you made peace within the last 10 turns.
    If you move only one tile into his borders you should get the popup "go to war or not".

16. Fritzworth

Fritzworth Chieftain

Thanks -- I'll try the first one out.

IIRC, I was trying to move only one tile into his territory, but it just wouldn't let me (and, yes, I was expecting the 'go to war?' popup). And, no, I had never been to war with him before. ..fritz..

17. eerr

eerr Emperor

someone discovered this...
    Spoiler :
    Man after some testing of things I just found out why I kept winning when I attacked Orthus even though my chances were 0.0%. This is going to sound really lame but the reason was because that game was meant for me to test something out so I had set the difficulty down to settler. Apparently there is a code or something with settler to warlord difficulty which makes the player automatically win any attack against a barbarian unit. Defend is another story. Found that out after creating several games from settler to warlord difficulty and being able to kill barbarian Meshaber, Avatar of Wrath, and Mithril Golem without recieving any damage while using a warrior or scout.

jeese ffh shouldn't have any auto-win battles... it could also cause an error with a firelemental being pounded by a wild fireball from orthus.

18. TheBoatman

TheBoatman Warlord

It is a vanilla thing, you have several first battles sure on very low difficulties. Edit XML files and you can change it.

19. Malthor

Malthor Chieftain

I am playing Luchuirp on a big continent map and it looks like the Armageddon counter has just hit 100 in year 465 (there was a screaming noise at turn end) but the game won't kick over into the next turn. It made a Windows error sound (the DUN! sound) at about the same time and the cursor is in the spinning (waiting) mode forever. Alt+Tab doesn't take me to desktop etc. I reset the PC after about 15 minutes and reloaded but same thing happened again.

There are still 10 civilisations in the game, and some are huge so I wonder if it is having problems with processing so many units possibly dying at Armageddon? I set it to low ocean level on a huge Continental map as I like huge games. I have about 50 cities and maybe 500 units (mostly golems) and the next four civilisations probably have about 200 cities between them with over 1000 units in them.

I am running a Conroe E6600 with 2 GB of performance RAM and on Raptor 150 HDDs in RAID 0 so system performance shouldn't be an issue.

Do I need to attach the save game file (1 MB) or is this a known problem?

20. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

I'm playing Calabim/Alexis for the first time. When you play a civ you are unfamiliar with you are bound to have a few surprises. My first came when I was unable to build an Elder Council.

That would have been fine with me, but one of Alexis' traits is Philosophical. There seems to be a link between the Elder Council and that trait as it allows you to build the Council faster. However, you cannot build an Elder Council as Calabim.

This seems like a contradiction to me.

Wouldn't it be better to change that Philosophical trait for Alexis? As she already has Aggressive, wouldn't the Aggressive/Raider combo be more appropriate for this Leader?

I like having that 100% GP add-on with Philosophical, but that trait just doesn't seem to fit this leader/civ.

Thanks