FfH2 0.23 Bug Thread

ya, theyre not supposed to be able to build elder councils, so its not a bug, but alexis' amazing traits are definitely non-optimal on calabim

unrestricted leaders with her is nice tho.. but without it its way better to play flauros (his traits are perfect for calabim)

Maybe not a bug, but it doesn't make sense to me. It is like saying Einion Logos with Spiritual gets no periods of Anarchy, but cannot build temples. :(

And, while on trait problems, I mentioned this before without a response:

The Barbarian trait has become useless for the AI. In every .23 game I played the leaders with this trait (Charadon, Jonas, and Sheelba) all declared war on the barbs early in the game. This negates the positive of the trait (peace with the barbs) while maintaining the negative (-10% Research).

Consequently, those civs are either obliterated first or somewhere near or at the bottom of the standings. I'm not sure what caused this change in .23 because in previous versions they tended to keep the peace with the barbs unless the 50% rule was exceeded. It is a waste of the trait for the AI.

Of course, the human player can have great fun IMO playing one of these civs with the Barbarian trait. It's interesting to watch the other guys get pounded by the raging barbs, occasionally stepping in to assist the barbs. You do have to watch that 50% cap, though.

It's too bad the trait has gone off the tracks for the AI.

I am playing Calabim and promoted a couple of my Vampires with Body II (magic) and although the Regeneration icon/button is now available, it won't activate. I am in a tile with Bloodpets, Disciple of Leaves, Cultist, Lunatic etc.

Do I need to upload a save game file?

Are any of those units injured? Regeneration can only be castted if a unit is injured.

[NWO]_Valis;5894567 said:
Are any of those units injured? Regeneration can only be castted if a unit is injured.

Oops, worked that out too a bit later myself. Sorry to waste your time.

Dunno if this has been noted before, but I get a bug with visible tiles after editing in wordbuilder - I've noticed it on tiles I've changed from coast/ocean to something else.

What happens, basically, is that some tiles are not visible that should be, while others next to those tiles are visible even if no units are nearby.

Even if a unit is standing right on the tile, there is no visibility. However, if I set down an ancient tower in th WB next to the tile, and station a unit there, there is visibility. It kinda seems like the tile is in the shadow of a mountain, but there is no mountain there.

I haven't been able to replicate this in Vanilla Civ.

A screenshot would be helpful here.

From the Move code, it seems like Ancient Forests can gain smoke due to creatures with 4+ Fire Strength, but New Forests and Jungles cannot. This is changed from an older version; I assume that the older version was correct (Forests, New Forests, Jungles)

Code:
    if (getCombatFire() > 3)
    {
        if (pPlot->getFeatureType() == (FeatureTypes)GC.getInfoTypeForString("FEATURE_FOREST") || pPlot->getFeatureType() == (FeatureTypes)GC.getInfoTypeForString("FEATURE_FOREST_ANCIENT"))
        {
			if (GC.getGameINLINE().getSorenRandNum(100, "Fire Spread") <= GC.getDefineINT("FIRE_EFFECT_SPREAD_CHANCE"))
			{
                pPlot->setImprovementType((ImprovementTypes)GC.getInfoTypeForString("IMPROVEMENT_SMOKE"));
			}
        }
    }

[NWO]_Valis;5895083 said:
A screenshot would be helpful here.

Sure, how do I go about making a screenshot?

click the print screen button on your keyboard when the screen is showing what you want it to. This will save the screenshot in the My Documents/My Games/Sid Meir's Civilization IV (or Beyond the Sword if you were using the expansion)/ScreenShots foldier. The first screenshot you take will be called CivIVScreenShot0000.jpg, the next CivIVScreenShot0001.jpg, etc.

I mentioned this in the previous version and I will politely raise it again as I saw it in my .23 game:

From the Wiki (and I think it is in a tip too):

"The Avatar of Wrath is a powerful unit which is created when the Armageddon Counter gets high enough. Wrath comes into play as a barbarian unit and a large percentage of the worlds LIVING units will convert to his cause when he appears."

When the counter hit 90 in my game, I lost

1. Quite a few Angels. Pretty sure they are not living units.

2. A powerful Herald. As it is an upgraded Herald I am guessing also not living.

3. A number of Catapults. I think these are not living, but I am not sure (who mans them??). Whenever I attack one with a werewolf, the werewolf doesn't grow stronger, nor does Lychanthropy spread.

I'm not sure if it is just the documentation that is wrong, or a bug with the Avatar of Wrath event taking non-living units too.

Thanks.

This was a weird one...

I'm nearing the end of my game playing as Basium. It didn't look like I would be able to build any of the new 'Angel' units (techs seem so slow in this alliance!), I wanted to gift myself a few through the World Builder to check out the art and see what they can do.

However, whenever I tried, the unit was placed as my ally's (Bannon, my former civ). As it was not an appropriate unit for that civ, it would disappear next turn.

Why can't I place Basium units through the World Builder?

Thanks.

click the print screen button on your keyboard when the screen is showing what you want it to. This will save the screenshot in the My Documents/My Games/Sid Meir's Civilization IV (or Beyond the Sword if you were using the expansion)/ScreenShots foldier. The first screenshot you take will be called CivIVScreenShot0000.jpg, the next CivIVScreenShot0001.jpg, etc.

This didn't work as described, but close enough- printscreen just copied the image to the clipboard, I had to go into paint and hit ctrl-v to get the image, then save.

But, in any case, these two screenshots should show the issue.

Attachments

• #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 103
  • #2.jpg
    #2.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 74
I mentioned this in the previous version and I will politely raise it again as I saw it in my .23 game:

From the Wiki (and I think it is in a tip too):

"The Avatar of Wrath is a powerful unit which is created when the Armageddon Counter gets high enough. Wrath comes into play as a barbarian unit and a large percentage of the worlds LIVING units will convert to his cause when he appears."

When the counter hit 90 in my game, I lost

1. Quite a few Angels. Pretty sure they are not living units.

2. A powerful Herald. As it is an upgraded Herald I am guessing also not living.

3. A number of Catapults. I think these are not living, but I am not sure (who mans them??). Whenever I attack one with a werewolf, the werewolf doesn't grow stronger, nor does Lychanthropy spread.

I'm not sure if it is just the documentation that is wrong, or a bug with the Avatar of Wrath event taking non-living units too.

Thanks.
I'm not certain what was planned, but the text here in the wiki is accurate. I'd guess that this is a textual defect in the Civiliopedia entry for Avatar of Wrath

Playing as Calabim with Octopus Overlords.

When casting the Mutation spell, some units end up with a Mutation Marker but nothing changed.

I also have only got the following:

-1 Attack Strength (Wiki says -1 Str, not Attack Str so I have a 2/3 Adept!)
+2 Attack Strength (Wiki says +2 Str, not Attack Str so I have a 7/5 Cultist!)
+1 Str (correct)
Diseased (correct)
Enraged (correct)
Crazed (correct)

I have yet to get Magic Resistance, Regen or Withered.

Also, this last turn, I walked into a city with a Pikeman and a Skeleton and cast Mutation. The Pikeman has a mark of mutation, but no change to his profile, but the Skeleton (which is not living so should not be affected) got Diseased AND +1 Attack Strength AND Crazed! (3 mutations in one go).

Also, my Vampires are getting Mutated also (mostly getting Diseased which sucks) but should they be affected since they are Undead as well?

I am referring to the bottom of this page for the list of what is not 'living'.

http://civ4wiki.com/wiki/index.php/FfH_Units

Also, my Vampires are getting Mutated also (mostly getting Diseased which sucks) but should they be affected since they are Undead as well?
Vampires are not undead in ffh.

3 mutations in one go
Thats normal and intended.

When casting the Mutation spell, some units end up with a Mutation Marker but nothing changed.
This is expected; I changed the wording you were looking at slightly to indicate that Mutation can do nothing.
I also have only got the following:

-1 Attack Strength (Wiki says -1 Str, not Attack Str so I have a 2/3 Adept!)
+2 Attack Strength (Wiki says +2 Str, not Attack Str so I have a 7/5 Cultist!)
Thanks. I'd corrected the main wiki entry, but I missed the table.

I'm not certain what was planned, but the text here in the wiki is accurate. I'd guess that this is a textual defect in the Civiliopedia entry for Avatar of Wrath

On the same page that you give, click on "Avatar of Wrath" and you will find the description I quoted. Also, the pop-up that shows when the game/mod is loading also uses LIVING units. These both should be corrected/updated when there is time as it is confusing.

Thanks.

There is another Basium/Hyborem problem that is a carryover from version .22 and was noted in the bugs thread.

Both can exceed the limit of three National Units. I was able to build/upgrade as many Heralds as I wanted as long as I had a Level 6 Angel. Also, on the battlefield I ran into more than three Infernal Lords at the same time.

This is expected; I changed the wording you were looking at slightly to indicate that Mutation can do nothing.

Thanks. I'd corrected the main wiki entry, but I missed the table.

Thanks for that.

One more thing, I am getting "Vulnerable to Fire" (text = -50% vs Fire Damage) as a mutation on a few units but this one is also not listed in the table.

Top Bottom