FfH2 0.23 Bug Thread

When I'm starting the game by loading a save, the screen sometimes stays black. That happens sometimes, theres another problem that happends much oftener: While loading th save, i have to wait serval minutes until I can see the map, the units, the citys, etc. Moving a Unit takes serval minutes, because it freezes for a while before the Unit moves.
That means, I have to wait 20 minutes to three Units. Many other actions in game are getting extremly time-killing. If I try to shut Civ4 down after this to get back to the desktop, I often get a Runtime error. In version 0.20 and 0.21 it was possible to load the save again and again until it works. That (nearly) doesn't work anymore with version 0.23.
I suggest you play .23c. It looks like you have too less ROM on your graphic card. Compared with .22, .23 loads very much faster.
Also remove options you don't really need such as low movements, action play e.g. You should optimize the options, this will help. Good luck!

Like Gabriel21, I get the same problem. I kept the game running all night (12 hours) and it never did resolve itself; just kept waiting for "others" to move. It was the turn after the turn my Armageddon counter reached 90 if that has something to do with it. I did save the game the turn before the game hung, so I will see what I can do to avoid it happening again.Bob
It seems not to be dependant of the AC, because I usually are rather low (AC approx. 12 to 28). It must be a bug in Civ IV. Who can help?

All current development is going on with 0.25. Though the Source code is all uploaded for 0.23c if anyone wants to check it out.

All current development is going on with 0.25. Though the Source code is all uploaded for 0.23c if anyone wants to check it out.
Dear Kael, I know and understand, but I suffered as many games crashed in .23, I actually could not end a single game. As I would like to continue those thrilling games until an end (perhaps my victory), so I really begged several times to find and solve the problem. It is annoying indeed and did not occur in such an extent in .22.

This is regarding 0.25 :p

I use a geforce 8800 GTS with 320 megs of ram, and the latest drivers. Also directx is fully upgraded.

Whenever I try to start FFH, I get this error:

"GFC error: failed to initialize the primary control theme"

And this error ONLY occurs in FFH2! Every civ version runs perfectly well :p

anyone?

Zailash

From the first post in the 0.25 bug thread:

Some people report a "GFC error: failed to initialaize the primary control theme" error loading the mod. In some cases reinstalls have resolved it, in others it seems to be caused when Civ4 isn't installed in the typical location (under Program Files/Firaxis Games/).

Minor bug in 0.23c (I don't have BtS yet, can't use 0.25k) with hidden nationality. Hidden nationality units can freely enter the territory of an adjacent player, EXCEPT from a city. If the unit with hidden nationality is in (or passes through during movement) one of your own cities, it will stop and you will be asked if you want to declare war (I don't have open borders) or reconsider. The workaround is to move the unit to one of your own spaces outside the city first, then to the adjacent player's area. (I don't know if this is a bug or by design, but think it's the former).

FfH2 0.23c. I have no idea why, but some of my elven hidden nationality units in a neighbouring land (can you say "guerilla war" ;) occasionally disappear from view. It seems occurr on specific squares, not a specific terrain type. I'd list this as a cosmetic issue (if I could find the thread), except it could make it darn hard to find one of those units again if I fortified one. I have played a good number of games with 0.23c and not seen this before, so don't think it's a bug in my video card. I'm attaching a save where my two macemen are invisible (on my PC, at least).

BtW, please put a link to the "cosmetic issues" thread on the first page of this thread; and also update the first page if bug reports for FfH2 0.23c are no longer appropriate.

Hey, I have been playing with Tebryn Arbandi (Sheaim) and have had some troubles with the game shutting down after a creature appears through my planar gate. It doesn't happen every time, but about one out of three times the game shuts down and asks me if I want to send an error message to Firaxis. Do I not have the right patch or is there something else? Thanks

Minor bug in 0.23c (I don't have BtS yet, can't use 0.25k) with hidden nationality. Hidden nationality units can freely enter the territory of an adjacent player, EXCEPT from a city. If the unit with hidden nationality is in (or passes through during movement) one of your own cities, it will stop and you will be asked if you want to declare war (I don't have open borders) or reconsider. The workaround is to move the unit to one of your own spaces outside the city first, then to the adjacent player's area. (I don't know if this is a bug or by design, but think it's the former).

hn units in cities are treated as not being hn units, the only defense against overzealous allies

Theocracy doesn't stop non-state religion's spreading in thy cities, I just agreed to have Open Borders with the Elves and with in 2 or 3 turns I get a Messeage saying Fellowship of Leaves has spread in XX city, this happend 4 times, 4 diff cities. And I am using the Theocracy Civic.

I also created the Baron Werewolf unit and I used him to kill a unit that was destroying my improvements(as i had his movement bumped right up) was a barbarian unit, he killed him, 99.9% chance to win, on the next turn....no Baron, just gone, not this unit has died in battle message...nothing. Playing as Khazad btw.

2 023 Will not work between Gold Civ 4, and Civ 4 online
Or maybe is just bad online? Dunno, Trying a reload. . Only dumbed down to play witha friend who used 2023.

Short time player, first time bug reported... :)

I didn't read thru the whole thread (lol) but I'm hoping someone here knows whats going on;

I made the 3 Hill Giants from the Wonder thingie and did spell with the 10% to turn them into barbarians. Then one of the giants went blizkriek... he didn't turn into 1 barbarian giant but 2. So there were 2 giants with the same name next to the pack. I still had the other 2 so I sure it just doubled.

Also, once the summoning spell that summons the whatchamacallit monster with the same buff than above, turned instantly to a barbarian, teleported 4 squares away to my town from enemy territory, teleported the defending units from the town outside cultural borders, captured the city, and LOLed at my face. So, I press a button from my own summoner 4 squares into enemy territory, lost my own city with defending units in it instantly and the units are telepored outside the barbarian city limits... that can't be right.

Cast (Spring) doeesn't seem to work on desert tiles next to rivers. (turns desert tiles into plains)

I could possibly dig up saved gamed if asked kindly enough.

ps. Loving the mod. good stuff. :king:

Top Bottom