FfH2 0.23 Bug Thread

If you use craft flesh on two Immortals you get a Flesh Golem that's stronger than every national unit (strength 17 and many promotions) and both Immortals are resurrected in your capitol. On your next turn the Immortals get their immortal promotion back and you can do it again.
I think the Immortals should stay dead when they are crafted into a Golem.

i think thats more a balance issue.. and anything involving graft flesh is unbalanced so i wouldn't worry about it heh

I (respectfully) disagree.
It's not a balance issue, it's a bug clearly. The same pack of flesh cannot be used twice!
+ this removes the limitation of immortals, which is clearly an exploit.

I just installed a fresh copy of Civ4 : BtS ... so I have no idea which version of Ffh i'm using.

Was browsing through the civilopedia and clicked on a Blizzard link, game promptly crashed. Could it be due to the patch 3.03 ?

Edit : Do I have to install Patch 'C' , along with the 300mb media pack?

I guessing it may have something to due with that patch, sine it had a lot of bugs (so I hear, I actually haven't patched my game at all). Civilopedia game crashes are common, and are one the more important of patch 3.13's many improvements (unfortunately, that patch still isn't out yet)

Since the mod has blizzards, it is clear that you are not playing FfH II, but FfH: Age of Ice, the senario that was included with BtS. That senario is a prequel to the event's of FfH I or II. It is a much smaller, simpler mod, which, while not terrible, can't compare with the real FfH. Issues with that mod should be in the Fall from Heaven: Age of Ice subforum, not here.

Patch C wouldn't do you any good, since you don't have FfH II yet. Before downloading patch C you would need to get the main game (a 230 mb download). Actually, the main download had probably been updated ti include everything in patch C, so using the patch would be kinda pointless. The 300 mb media pack is optional, it basically just adds opening and wonder movies that you don't need to play the game, but which those with really fast internet might think enhances the experience.

I guessing it may have something to due with that patch, sine it had a lot of bugs (so I hear, I actually haven't patched my game at all). Civilopedia game crashes are common, and are one the more important of patch 3.13's many improvements (unfortunately, that patch still isn't out yet)

Since the mod has blizzards, it is clear that you are not playing FfH II, but FfH: Age of Ice, the senario that was included with BtS. That senario is a prequel to the event's of FfH I or II. It is a much smaller, simpler mod, which, while not terrible, can't compare with the real FfH. Issues with that mod should be in the Fall from Heaven: Age of Ice subforum, not here.

Patch C wouldn't do you any good, since you don't have FfH II yet. Before downloading patch C you would need to get the main game (a 230 mb download). Actually, the main download had probably been updated ti include everything in patch C, so using the patch would be kinda pointless. The 300 mb media pack is optional, it basically just adds opening and wonder movies that you don't need to play the game, but which those with really fast internet might think enhances the experience.

Gotcha. Thanks a bunch! :cool:

Hmmm. So now I have to run vanilla civ4 (instead of BtS) if I wish to play Ffh 2 ?

edit : Never mind, I see the BtS conversion thread :)

Civilopedia says Elephants can only defend. This seems to be true, as long as they are animals controlled by the AI. When you subdue them, you can attack with them. Combined with hidden nationality they can be nasty.
Probably not intentional?!

It is a known bug that in FfH for vanilla Civ IV the hidden nationality promotion allows any unit to attack (multiple times!) the units of any civ with whom you are at peace. If you were at war with your elephants target, then it could not attack.

Playing Baseralphs (FfH0.23 patch c), I have a Freak Show in most cities, but can only build an orc slave cage in my capital city. (Haven't been at war with human civs yet, but expect this also holds for other slave cages...)

Playing Baseralphs (FfH0.23 patch c), I have a Freak Show in most cities, but can only build an orc slave cage in my capital city. (Haven't been at war with human civs yet, but expect this also holds for other slave cages...)

This is a known bug as well. You need a Hunting Lodge, not a Freak Show. This bug spawned when Freak Shows stopped being the Balseraph version of the Hunting Lodge.

not sure if this is a bug:
I have invented commune with nature and have a druid grove, but cannot build a druid in it. It should not matter but my religion is fellowship of the leaves and I am Ljosofar.
Must druids be promoted and cannot be built?

You have to be neutral to build druids. If you are the elf leader that is good, you have to jump through some hoops to build them (convert to octopus overlords to turn neutral, then convert back to leaves and you will stay neutral.)

Could somebody help me on whats wrong (CvScreenInterface):

replayScreen = CvReplayScreen.CvReplayScreen(REPLAY_SCREEN)
def showReplay(argsList):
if argsList[0] > -1:
CyGame().saveReplay(argsList[0])
replayScreen.showScreen(argsList[4])

I cant see the minimap replay and score the HoF
TY

I noticed the other day when I finally upgraded from copper to iron with a warmonger sized army (I had a hard time getting to an iron source for a while) that my "power" rating did not jump like I think it should when almost all my units get a +1.

I was playing the latest FFH2 (not the BTS conversion) so this may be fixed.

If not, that would explain some of the rather stupid aggression I encountered in the AI when playing as a builder/just enough military to make other civs better targets.

Save game attached.... Calabim, standard map, Turn 213, no other civs encountered.

CTD's have been happening quite frequently, usually between 200 and 350 turns.

I (Amurites) am in advance against a Luchuirp City (the city is down on one defender) I kill the last opponent unit... the game crashes, please see attached zip. with the save file.

I regularly encounter the same problem. When I kill the last unit in a Luchuirp city, the game crashes. It doesn't matter if I wait until the next turn (or the next, or the next...) to take the city -- i.e. it isn't turn dependent. It always happens when I kill the last unit. It has gotten to the point that I will now attack until there is exactly one unit left, open WB to remove that unit, close WB and then move a unit in. That way the game doesn't crash.

I noticed the other day when I finally upgraded from copper to iron with a warmonger sized army (I had a hard time getting to an iron source for a while) that my "power" rating did not jump like I think it should when almost all my units get a +1.

The power rating is not dependent on unit strength. Some technologies and every military unit add a specific value to your power. This value doesn't change if the unit gains promotions or strength. A 0,1 health warrior without promotions and a level 10 warrior with iron weapons add the same value to your power rating.

Don't know if this is a feature or a bug.

Races with neutral or good affinity start as evil.

Am I doing something wrong (using 0.23c)?

Top Bottom