FfH2 0.23 Bug Thread

Version : 2 0.23c

The crash is reproducable.

I (Amurites) am in advance against a Luchuirp City (the city is down on one defender) I kill the last opponent unit... the game crashes, please see attached zip. with the save file.

disclaimer : please always check the .zip file for any virus infection. I checked before uploading but you never can be 100% safe.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/51388/Valledia_the_Even_AD-0231.zip

I can submit a save game or screenshot if necessary.

I have 3-4 Sorcerers who already have Spirit I and the Courage Spell who get offerred Spirit I instead of Spirit II for their promotion. I only have one Spirit Mana Node so the Spirit I was purchased earlier, not a free promotion.

Edit - never mind, my mistake I think.

Isn't it time to change the name of the Horseback Riding tech? I mean we have guys riding pigs, deer, nightmares and all sorts of critters now. How about just Riding or the very proper Mounted Arts, if that doesn't sound a tad too nasty?;)

Also, how about these:

Calendar. I can't see the connection to building Plantations. So, how about Advanced Agriculture or something equally as lame as that?

Mathematics. Let's see, you can build a Fort or a Gambling House and accumulate Wealth. I was never good at math, but I don't see how this one fits.

Hidden Paths. I never got this one. Is there some, uh, hidden meaning here. It lets you build Yggrasil. Why not call it that? While I'm at it, why not let it allow you to go for Kithra Kyriel if you have FOL? ROK gets Bambur with Arete and OO gets Savernous with Mind Stapling. Why should FOL have to go for Feral Bond? Although then you can go for the Baron too. ;)

And, by the way, does anyone else think those pictures for the Tower of Eyes and the Mines of Galdaur look like the Washington Monument and the Luray Caverns?:D

Also, how about these:

Calendar. I can't see the connection to building Plantations. So, how about Advanced Agriculture or something equally as lame as that?

Mathematics. Let's see, you can build a Fort or a Gambling House and accumulate Wealth. I was never good at math, but I don't see how this one fits.

My apologies if I am incorrect with the following.

re Calendar and plantations, I think that is from vanilla civ4, and plantations (or advanced farming) comes with an understanding of seasons and associated weather hence the need to learn the Calendars tech.

re Mathematcis, building a fort (and indeed many buildings) requires an understanding of geometry, how much weight a wall can support, etc. The Gambling House association with Mathematics seems obvious, the house owner (you) need to understand probability to know the odds of events happening such as rolling a triple on three dice) to set the correct odds to pay the gamblers so you still make a profit.

Hey guys,

Just a reminder that this is the bug thread. Feel free to conduct these discussions on balance thread.

Hey guys,

Just a reminder that this is the bug thread. Feel free to conduct these discussions on balance thread.

Balance thread??? What's that? Where's that?:rolleyes:

What I wrote had as much to do with bugs as it did balance.

I'm sorry for placing it here. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a thread for suggestions or attempted humor. I guess I should have started a new thread.

Lighten up, Niilo, and my apologies for misplacing what I wrote....

PS. I forgot about the Centaurs. ;)

These are either bugs, or just something I never saw before in a game:

1. I didn't think Ancient Forests could be destroyed by fire. I killed an enemy unit with a Meteor on an Ice/Ancient Forest tile. The Ancient Forest went up in one turn. Or, is that just with Fireballs that don't burn Ancient Forest and cannot be used on Ice terrain?

2. This one was really bizarre. The same turn I built Song of Autumn with my Great Bard I saw the message Svartalfar has converted to Fellowship of Leaves.

My gold increased from the Song by +6. I had 4 cities with FOL and Cardith Lorda 2. Those cities are viewable when you build the Song. However, I did not get gold, nor did I see a Svartalfar city with Leaves.

Is it possible to convert to a religion without it spreading to one of your cities? I didn't think so.

Thanks.

1. I didn't think Ancient Forests could be destroyed by fire. I killed an enemy unit with a Meteor on an Ice/Ancient Forest tile. The Ancient Forest went up in one turn. Or, is that just with Fireballs that don't burn Ancient Forest and cannot be used on Ice terrain?

2. This one was really bizarre. The same turn I built Song of Autumn with my Great Bard I saw the message Svartalfar has converted to Fellowship of Leaves.

My gold increased from the Song by +6. I had 4 cities with FOL and Cardith Lorda 2. Those cities are viewable when you build the Song. However, I did not get gold, nor did I see a Svartalfar city with Leaves.

Maybe this happened because Svartalfar are not a complete civ yet, and maybe you didn't see their Leaves city because their Hidden trait is partially implemented. This is all 'maybe', but I think it is best not to use Svartalfar, Illians and Sidar yet.

Hi folks

I've got a big problem with Ffh2 0.23c. I often play PBEMs, but there's always some trouble.
When I'm starting the game by loading a save, the screen sometimes stays black. That happens sometimes, theres another problem that happends much oftener: While loading th save, i have to wait serval minutes until I can see the map, the units, the citys, etc. Moving a Unit takes serval minutes, because it freezes for a while before the Unit moves.
That means, I have to wait 20 minutes to three Units. Many other actions in game are getting extremly time-killing. If I try to shut Civ4 down after this to get back to the desktop, I often get a Runtime error. In version 0.20 and 0.21 it was possible to load the save again and again until it works. That (nearly) doesn't work anymore with version 0.23 . The problem isn't unique to PBEM-saves, but it always happends when I load (multiplayer-)saves.
There's only trouble with FFH2, Warlord PBEM's work well.

I also tried to reinstall Civ4 and all it's components... it didn't work.

I Hope someone can help me

Thanks

Maybe this happened because Svartalfar are not a complete civ yet, and maybe you didn't see their Leaves city because their Hidden trait is partially implemented. This is all 'maybe', but I think it is best not to use Svartalfar, Illians and Sidar yet.

The computer will choose them anyways when you play random maps because they are playable by the AI. I think this is indeed a bug. If the civ is not completed then it shouldn't be playable by anyone. Also the trait is not partially implemented in this version, and even if it was, the income from the Song of Autumn should be correct.

any teams in that game? if a team members city has a religion you can convert to it.

also, any chance the svartalfar took over a leaves city even for a turn? even if you have no cities with a religion if you had it in one of your cities before you aren't forced to lose your state religion.

did you wait? song of autumn and other things can take a turn or two to update sometimes.

any teams in that game? if a team members city has a religion you can convert to it.

also, any chance the svartalfar took over a leaves city even for a turn? even if you have no cities with a religion if you had it in one of your cities before you aren't forced to lose your state religion.

did you wait? song of autumn and other things can take a turn or two to update sometimes.

As onedreamer said, this was a matter of the the computer randomly selecting the Svartlafar as an AI civ. I find them in most of my games...and, quite a nuisance, too, I might add.

On your 2nd question, again, only the Kuriotatates and I had Leaves for quite some time. As usual, it always takes me awhile to get a Bard to build the Song it seems. So, as soon as I got the Bard, I sent him to the holy city and built the Song. There were no wars going on at the time, so the Svartalfar couldn not have had a Leaves city. And, again, if they did have one, but not convert, wouldn't it have shown up on my screen and I received the gold for it after I built the Song?

In answer to you last question, yes, I would say about 10-12 turns later I saw the message that Leaves had spread to a Svartalfar city and that one did appear on my screen. But, that was not close to a turn or two.

That's a really odd bug. Do you have a save game?

Playing Doviello and noticed the following:

Firstly a bug. I have a city with a Castle and I can build Eidolon without having access to Mithril, but in my cities without a Castle, Eidolon is greyed out with both "Requires Castle" and "Requires Mithril" in red text. If I didn't need Mitrhil in the city with a Castle, then it shouldn't have the red text "Requires Mithril" in other cities?

Secondly, this might be to do with the game balance/rules rather than a bug, but I have cities with Hippodromes that can build War Chariots, but because I haven't built a Siege Workshop, I can't build a normal Chariot. Seems rather odd that I can build the far more powerful version of the 'same' unit (though with National Unit limitations) but not the weaker one.

Firstly a bug. I have a city with a Castle and I can build Eidolon without having access to Mithril, but in my cities without a Castle, Eidolon is greyed out with both "Requires Castle" and "Requires Mithril" in red text. If I didn't need Mitrhil in the city with a Castle, then it shouldn't have the red text "Requires Mithril" in other cities?
look at eidolon in the civilopedia.
IIRC, they need mithril OR iron + the building.
but sometimes for units when you have tech but not the building, the requirement wrtten in the city screen is incomplete only 2 of them appears : it is only a screen bug. I had the same bug for heavy crossbow, asking for buildign + mithril, and I could build the units without having it.

I cannot load this mod; I get a series of messages saying "tag:ERA_VEIL in info class was incorrect" and many more that are similar.

I'm just playing vanilla, updated to latest patch. Any help please????

look at eidolon in the civilopedia.
IIRC, they need mithril OR iron + the building.
but sometimes for units when you have tech but not the building, the requirement wrtten in the city screen is incomplete only 2 of them appears : it is only a screen bug. I had the same bug for heavy crossbow, asking for buildign + mithril, and I could build the units without having it.

Sorry, I meant to say display/screen bug rather than implying it was a game/mechanics bug.

I cannot load this mod; I get a series of messages saying "tag:ERA_VEIL in info class was incorrect" and many more that are similar.

I'm just playing vanilla, updated to latest patch. Any help please????

Did you download and install the media pack?

Not a crashing bug, but an overlooked bad use of the "goto" function.
I Have built the "black wind" hero, and have it sailing all around the place with it's hidden nationality.
I finally found a good place to settle and use this ship to sail my settler.
I used the goto move, and played on.
Big surprise : the black wind suicided by moving into a foreign city!
It seems that the hidden nationality guys aren't aware of their "enemy" status!
Which is bad enough for land units, but in this situation it is pure suicide...

Obviously, the hidden nationality guys on goto should avoid all units!

This bug is quite well known, and probably won't be fixed in any version of FfH for Vanilla civ.

Top Bottom