FFH2 0.32 cosmetic issues

At what value of the Armageddon Counter should I be hearing "We are summoned!" (or whatever the pre-Horsemen sound clip is) every couple of turns? I ask because in my last game it hovered around 35 for several turns, fluctuating slightly due to a running war between Charadon and two other AI's and my own event choices that kept setting it back downward so my Tower of Mastery wouldn't get screwed up by hell terrain / general unpleasantness. I have trouble believing that hearing it over and over again is intended, and it's certainly quite irritating.

If you mean 'We hear the call', it's the sound of a Host of the Einherjar being summoned. I can't think of any AC-related events that trigger that sound, more likely it's due to the AI casting some spell. Horsemen don't show up until the 60s anyway. Oh and finally, hell terrain isn't really much of an issue unless you're AV or evil. It doesn't spread into neutral nations until either 50 or 75 AC (I forget which).

During the loading screen I got a hint about inquisitors, perhaps it should be changed to something about the command promotion?

Suggestion (not issue of sorts)

Is it possible to have their leaderhead images per leader (for good, neutral and evil alignments) and also their meeting speeches. i am annoyed when i see sabathiel with the halo and everything angelic telling me we should be quick because evils grasp ect ect ect when the Bannor are, at that point, followers of the AV!

If you mean 'We hear the call', it's the sound of a Host of the Einherjar being summoned. I can't think of any AC-related events that trigger that sound, more likely it's due to the AI casting some spell. Horsemen don't show up until the 60s anyway. Oh and finally, hell terrain isn't really much of an issue unless you're AV or evil. It doesn't spread into neutral nations until either 50 or 75 AC (I forget which).

Yep, that's the one.

Still quite irritating to hear it that often and I can't think who was bothering; perhaps Rhoanna was throwing them at Acheron.

Speaking of unit sounds, why the heck does it sound like the Lucichurip scouts (or just dwarven scouts in general) are saying loudly 'Oh, I'm so sorry!' as one of thier random blurbs? I'm hard of hearing and so I'm not sure if it's english or not. It's just kind of a wierd thing for an unit to say, even if it is random.

Some of the units are drop dead hilarious if you know the language. When I first heard a Lanun pirate say "I love television!"...

I know the 'pedia is low priority right now, but I'd like to suggest that the entries for Council of Esus and the Empyrean be revised a bit to be more like those for other religions. Specifically, it would be helpful if, like the other religion entries, they listed the units, buildings, etc. to which the religion grants you access. Thanks.

The Khazad battering ram can only be built in a forest. This should be mentioned in the info panel that appears when moving the mouse over the button.

Some of the units are drop dead hilarious if you know the language. When I first heard a Lanun pirate say "I love television!"...

I think (I'm not sure) that the unit sounds are just directly imported from actual Civ. So they're saying things units say in actual Civ4. But they don't use English, just other languages. For example, the Ljosalfar units speak in Arabic. Of course, being aware of some of the languages (Spanish, Arabic), I can tell that the Civ4 base translations are sometimes a little bit off, although not that far. (Maybe the Chinese and Japanese are really far off.)

You can tell what they're saying by playing as the English or Americans in Civ4 (or some civ for which you know the langauge). They all say the same things (or are intended to) in different languages. "Yes?" "Awaiting your orders." "As you command." etc.

The soundtrack counts as cosmetic, right? This is more of a suggestion than an issue, anyway.

Since Brigit-in-the-Ring-of-Carcer would appear to be based on Brunnhilde, you might consider adding one or two clips from Wagner's "Ring" to the soundtrack.

I think (I'm not sure) that the unit sounds are just directly imported from actual Civ. So they're saying things units say in actual Civ4. But they don't use English, just other languages. For example, the Ljosalfar units speak in Arabic. Of course, being aware of some of the languages (Spanish, Arabic), I can tell that the Civ4 base translations are sometimes a little bit off, although not that far. (Maybe the Chinese and Japanese are really far off.)

They are, for the most part. The only ones that aren't are the Dwarves and possibly the Infernals (I don't remember). IIRC, the Bannor speak Latin (which is rather fitting, given their highly militarized and organized society), and the Balseraphs speak French :lol:.

The Dwarves have their own (English) voiceset, but have a rather interesting accent. The only thing I can think of that sounds like "Oh I'm sorry" is "Hail to ye", with "Hail" pronounced as two distinct syllables.

Oh and also, the Chinese is pretty accurate as far as I can tell. It's a little bit literal for one or two phrases, but otherwise good.

Well it's one of the three or four random sounds that the scouts make. Also, the laugh that they do sounded initially like bwa ha ha ha, but then I decided it was more of a belly laugh.

I'll try listening harder to that particular random sound, but I think you're right on it.

I know it's a double post, but eh.

The Svartalfar Archmage still needs an unique model because the old illusionist art got moved to the Archmage one. I hope a model for the archmage is in the works for the Svartalfar anyways.

I guess the cosmetic thread is the best place for this. Could you change the text on the initial screen each time you publish a patch. It currently tells you the version in the top right hand corner (e.g. FfH 2 032) but it'd be handier from your perspective (bug-fixing) and the player's perspective ("Have I installed the latest patch?") if it also showed the current patch as well. Something like FfH 2 032e.

Shouldn't the Empyrean and Esus religions get a different icon? One that fits with the others. The others are pretty much symmetrical and can be inscribed in a circle, while the two new ones are a bit... blocky. Square.

I found this little doohickey which could work for Esus. It just needs the background removed. I don't know where it comes from.

They are, for the most part. The only ones that aren't are the Dwarves and possibly the Infernals (I don't remember). IIRC, the Bannor speak Latin (which is rather fitting, given their highly militarized and organized society), and the Balseraphs speak French :lol:.

The Dwarves have their own (English) voiceset, but have a rather interesting accent. The only thing I can think of that sounds like "Oh I'm sorry" is "Hail to ye", with "Hail" pronounced as two distinct syllables.

Oh and also, the Chinese is pretty accurate as far as I can tell. It's a little bit literal for one or two phrases, but otherwise good.

Actually, some basic dwarf units (including scout, iirc) still use the german voices. Most of the units do use the dwarf voiceset, though.

I got an event about a conflict between the merchants in two of my cities, with options to please both by paying some money, or please one or the other. The second option in the event has [HAPPY_FACE] instead of the icon in the roll-over explanation.

using 0.32e

if you build the Syliven's Perfect Lyre world wonder, the "world wonder allowed" counter drops to zero. after you transport it to an other city and build it again the "world wonder allowed" drops below zero to -1, then -2, ... and so on.

When the Overcouncil "negotiates" (forces) peace between its members, the title still reads "U.N. peacekeeping succeeds!"

Top Bottom