FfH2 0.33 Bug Thread

Hi guys. I'm a huge fan of the mod, its the best thing since sliced bread. But my love is being torn by the game crashing a lot on me. I've set the exceptions to 0, but where is the file that displays the cause of the crash, so I can send it in.

The crashes tend to happen when its the AIs turn:
when they initiate diplomacy it has crashed numerously.
when they attack one of my minions, has happened rarely.
during AI move phase at some point quite often

Also it has crashed when I look around the map, again quite often.

Another note. crashes rarely happen early on in the game, its only when its mid to late game and I tend to play huge games with loads of enemies to contend with. Is that a no no?

It has been a long time since I fell for a game as much as this and a hell of a lot of credit to Kael and the gang. BTW I've got all the latest patches for all aspects of the game: BTS 3.17 and FFH2 'g'.

I've investigated the issue that triggered the below change further, and replicated it multiple times. It appears to occur whenever there's an event that doesn't require another player.

Here's the fix I'm trying in CvPlayerAI::AI_eventValue:

Code:
	if [B]([/B](kTriggeredData.m_eOtherPlayer != NO_PLAYER)[B] && (getID() != kTriggeredData.m_eOtherPlayer)) // Wiser Orcs - no attitude with self.[/B]
	{
		iOtherPlayerAttitudeWeight = AI_getAttitudeWeight(kTriggeredData.m_eOtherPlayer);
		iOtherPlayerAttitudeWeight += 10 - GC.getGame().getSorenRandNum(20, "AI event value attitude");
	}
	if [B]([/B](NO_PLAYER != kTriggeredData.m_eOtherPlayer)[B] && (getID() != kTriggeredData.m_eOtherPlayer)) // Wiser Orcs - no attitude with self.[/B]
	{
		CvPlayerAI& kOtherPlayer = GET_PLAYER(kTriggeredData.m_eOtherPlayer);

int iDiploValue = 0;
		//if we like this player then value positive attitude, if however we really hate them then
		//actually value negative attitude.
		iDiploValue += ((iOtherPlayerAttitudeWeight + 50) * kEvent.getAttitudeModifier() * GET_PLAYER(kTriggeredData.m_eOtherPlayer).getPower()) / std::max(1, getPower());

Spoiler :
Removed; the material previously here did nothing useful.

I think I've found a defect in CvPlayer::initTriggeredData. Essentially, it can choose eOtherPlayer to be the index of CvPlayer.

Suggested fix:
[...]

I suppose that fix isn't necessary because in CvPlayer::canTrigger we have:

Code:
	if (getID() == ePlayer)
	{
		return false;
	}

A fire has destroyed the Forge in the Infernal city of Dis ...
(fire in infernal city... :lol: )
(all infernal city have forge in default, IIRC, so ... :lol: )

(maybe it should be in cosmetical issues)

Hi guys. I'm a huge fan of the mod, its the best thing since sliced bread. But my love is being torn by the game crashing a lot on me. I've set the exceptions to 0, but where is the file that displays the cause of the crash, so I can send it in.

Another note. crashes rarely happen early on in the game, its only when its mid to late game and I tend to play huge games with loads of enemies to contend with. Is that a no no?

It has been a long time since I fell for a game as much as this and a hell of a lot of credit to Kael and the gang. BTW I've got all the latest patches for all aspects of the game: BTS 3.17 and FFH2 'g'.

I not a 'tech' guy, but you may simply be running out of system resources, that your computer can't handle all of the units, buildings, animations etc. later in the game. The situations you mention all include use of video and the like. As a test, you may want to try it on minimal settings (that is, try a tiny map for instance) and see if it still crashes.

Best wishes,

Breunor

I suppose that fix isn't necessary because in CvPlayer::canTrigger we have:

Code:
	if (getID() == ePlayer)
	{
		return false;
	}
I guess I should clarify. I'm getting asserts in CvPlayerAI::AI_getAttitude( (as well as other low-level functions). It appears that this is due to events being called for a player, where the event requires exactly 1 player, but TriggeredData.m_eOtherPlayer is set to a value other than NO_PLAYER in CvPlayerAI::AI_eventValue. This is not a large problem - the only issue I'm noting is that the low-level functions send back high values for AI_eventValue.

I agree with you on your note, though. I'll edit the original report accordingly.

The exact same thing happened to me a while ago. It might be the problems that Breunor suggested, in which case lower your setting and play on a tiny or small map (with high sea level, perhaps) and see it if crashes.

For me, the problem stopped on its own, I think on one of the upgrades which occurred after Shadow, so it is entirely possible that it has nothing to do with graphics settings.

Are you running vista?

I not a 'tech' guy, but you may simply be running out of system resources, that your computer can't handle all of the units, buildings, animations etc. later in the game. The situations you mention all include use of video and the like. As a test, you may want to try it on minimal settings (that is, try a tiny map for instance) and see if it still crashes.

Best wishes,

Breunor

I'll minimise my settings, but I never had to do that with civ4 BTS, my PC would happily chug along. I'll get rid of most of the effects and see if it makes a difference. Cheers.

Thanks also for your input also Annex.

Hi Kael. Awesome, awesome mod :) . No, I'm on windows XP Pro and service pack 3.

I'll minimise my settings, but I never had to do that with civ4 BTS, my PC would happily chug along. I'll get rid of most of the effects and see if it makes a difference. Cheers.

Thanks also for your input also Annex.

Hi Kael. Awesome, awesome mod :) . No, I'm on windows XP Pro and service pack 3.

Interesting, thats the same Im using and Im not running into that. 0.34 will be out on Friday. After that if you see anymore crashes just upload a save game as close to the crash as possible and I'll check it out.

Woof... had a fine time using the .23 version, and the .31 version, but the .33 version escapes my technical skill. Am getting the GFC error/failure to load primary theme as cited in the notes, and I have the new mod in the program files/firaxis/civ4/BTS/mods directory. Now .31 worked great for ages (except when I let the AI build too many units and it crashed but that happens in all Civ4 games/mods - lesson learned: conquer a few AI empires early and frequently cull their numbers) but I was running BTS 3.13 and once I upgraded it to 3.17 the darn thing decided not to work, which is why I downloaded the FFH .33 as I figured it was a compatability issue. I am going to clean off all of the stuff and start over from scratch I suppose. Any word on GFC errors from other users and how they resolved it? For the record, I do not believe this is limited to FFH2. I have gotten the GFC error only since I upgraded to BTS 3.17 and it has occured in a couple of other mods I use. Been scanning other forums for answers as well.

IIRC quite some people reported the GFC errors occuring after upgrading to bts 3.17 being related to a buggy download of the patch.
Perhaps you should try to reinstall civ4 from scratch and redownload the 3.17 update.
btw. Quite strange to report this bug in the FFH2 bug thread when you say it happens with other mods and bts as well ;)

Yeah, I had to re-download .33 because it was somehow a bad file. don't have any trouble with 3.17 though.

Woof... had a fine time using the .23 version, and the .31 version, but the .33 version escapes my technical skill. Am getting the GFC error/failure to load primary theme as cited in the notes, and I have the new mod in the program files/firaxis/civ4/BTS/mods directory. Now .31 worked great for ages (except when I let the AI build too many units and it crashed but that happens in all Civ4 games/mods - lesson learned: conquer a few AI empires early and frequently cull their numbers) but I was running BTS 3.13 and once I upgraded it to 3.17 the darn thing decided not to work, which is why I downloaded the FFH .33 as I figured it was a compatability issue. I am going to clean off all of the stuff and start over from scratch I suppose. Any word on GFC errors from other users and how they resolved it? For the record, I do not believe this is limited to FFH2. I have gotten the GFC error only since I upgraded to BTS 3.17 and it has occured in a couple of other mods I use. Been scanning other forums for answers as well.

You are right that 0.33 is required for 3.17. It sounds like you may have downloaded just the patch, not the whole mod which causes the error you mentioned.

first crash in a lonnnggg itme for me.. got the endless spinning world prob... playing as Kurios, XP serv pack 3, dual core, 2 gig ram etc.. no extra mods.. only change I have made is to the max number of cities the Kurion can have.

Just built "Ride of the Nine Kings" then it all goes a bit Pete Tong after that..tried re loading and keep crashing at same aprt.

save attached

Attachments

• Cliff AD-Kurio1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    445.7 KB · Views: 169
Found two graphical glitches in 0.33... when hellhounds die their wings come off of them momentarily (like you can see they aren't connected), and when Manes die their hair stays connected to where it was, which has a kind of strange, stretched effect.

I just had a traveling alchemist offer to sell my wounded Galleon a Healing Salve. The salve also worked on said Galleon. The Galleon was in a city at the time, but it still seems a little weird.

Interesting, thats the same Im using and Im not running into that. 0.34 will be out on Friday. After that if you see anymore crashes just upload a save game as close to the crash as possible and I'll check it out.

So far so good, I'm playing a standard world with 11 opponents, but its early days yet, should have some results mid week. Cheers Kael. So far, it seems that people may be right and I'm pushing the boat too hard.

is it intentional that when playing hyborem and AC hits 100 you get GIGANTIC amounts of manes? i got 582 manes!!!

is it intentional that when playing hyborem and AC hits 100 you get GIGANTIC amounts of manes? i got 582 manes!!!

That is huge. But that is working as deisgned (not that anyone really thought it would crate that many). At 100 apoclypse hits and kills a bunch of units. If those units are evil, if you have been spreading the Ashen Veil around to everyone like a good demon prince, then you can get a lot of manes.

Top Bottom