FfH2 0.34 Bug Thread

This doesn't appear to be a 0.34 save game. Have you changed something?

Nope. Reinstalled FFH2.034 and installed just patch b instead of a then b and the game progresses normally from that point. Last night had about a half dozen repeatable crashes coming from that save. Very strange.

Spoke too soon. Game is now consistently crashing a few turns later.

Attachments

• Ken AD-0181.CivBeyondSwordSave
    105.1 KB · Views: 60
After installing patch b I don't have an opening menue:

edit: not the fault of patch b. Fresh install of FfH doesn't work either. Must have to do something with service pack 3 that I installed yesterday. Will try to reinstall whole cIV and BtS.

edit2: reinstalling cIV and BtS didn't help. Please help, I don't want to re-setup my whole system...
If the menu options are there but invisible it might be a problem with BtS not being properly patched. If you tried to patch to 3.17 ingame try downloading and installing the patch manually instead. If you did install it manually try again in case something went wrong the first time.

Not sure whether this is an intentional feature or a bug, but the khazad ability to make battering rams in a forest doesn't work in ancient forests (either in friendly or enemy territory).

If I declare war on the Malakim AI "John" on the "NOFREEZE" Game save it's all fine and there is no freeze.

Three Turns or so down the road if I declare war on the Malakim AI "John" on the "FREEZE" Game Save the AI takes forever to do their turn...

*EDIT* IT HAPPENS REGARDLESS OF THE TURN SO LONG AS I SEND A STACK OF UNITS INTO AI TERRITORY AND THE TURN FREEZE HAPPENS ON PASSES.

Hrm nevermind... Didn't find the cause. Though the attack WAS working sometimes but not in others... Can't seem to isolate the cause through playing.

Attachments

• NOFREEZE.CivBeyondSwordSave
    222 KB · Views: 64
  • FREEZE.CivBeyondSwordSave
    222.7 KB · Views: 65
Royal Guard (and possibly other Guardsmen I'd imagine) are not defending against enemy Marksmen units - I keep getting assassinated even with them in the stack :(

I can confirm this as well, I lost about 8 liches, 10 archmages and countless adepts/mages this way. My Wilboman and another unit had guardsman. I would upgrade a mage then a few turns later the dark elves would seen a group of assassins/marksmen, etc to eat em up. I wonder it guardsman isn't working because the unit has no movement points left?

Hm, Luchuirp Curly attacked my Loki while Loki was in Luch city, and Loki just died, he didn't retreat.

Intended, thats basically the only way to kill Loki.

Hm, Luchuirp Curly attacked my Loki while Loki was in Luch city, and Loki just died, he didn't retreat.

Loki's only weakness has been revealed!!! A good poke to the eyes :lol: "Lets *see* how the god of chaos spreads his revelry without sight" - Curly

Not sure why, but the Black Crystal Mirror (or w/e it's name was) always dies the turn it is summoned.

If I declare war on the Malakim AI "John" on the "NOFREEZE" Game save it's all fine and there is no freeze.

Three Turns or so down the road if I declare war on the Malakim AI "John" on the "FREEZE" Game Save the AI takes forever to do their turn...

*EDIT* IT HAPPENS REGARDLESS OF THE TURN SO LONG AS I SEND A STACK OF UNITS INTO AI TERRITORY AND THE TURN FREEZE HAPPENS ON PASSES.

Hrm nevermind... Didn't find the cause. Though the attack WAS working sometimes but not in others... Can't seem to isolate the cause through playing.

Its being caused by the Svartalfar settlers looking for a place to found a city. Dont know how to fix it right now but Im working on it.

.34a

In a Lair exploration event very early game I got a savant, which allowed me to go back and found AV very early game. Then, once I researched Corruption of the Spirit a dialog came up informing me I'd founded a new religion and asking me to choose one, the result being that I could have founded Esus or Empyrean really early on

is there a "bug" with the new illians stasis thing !? :gripe:

great the illians have a new trick: the others can't play anymore !

no kidding, how long should their world spell last ? 10 days ??

I'm still waiting my turn for at least 15 f****** turns... :D

next time I'll take them and I'm pretty sure I'll win... :rolleyes:

is there a "bug" with the new illians stasis thing !? :gripe:

great the illians have a new trick: the others can't play anymore !

no kidding, how long should their world spell last ? 10 days ??

I'm still waiting my turn for at least 15 f****** turns... :D

next time I'll take them and I'm pretty sure I'll win... :rolleyes:

It's supposed to be 20 turns :lol:

argh ! ok thanks.

and maybe it could a bit shorter ? like 10 ?

or I'd like a blood river that gets - 10 to all cities in the world... :rolleyes:

Just a reminder a few of the latest issues reported are already listed as fixed in the first post. Its definitely worth checking the first post before reporting issues to see if they have already been addressed.

Patch B + Media pack, I'm finding that if I start a custom game then go to the Main menu and start a new game* I get a ctd at the opening credits. Has happened three times now

custom settings are Erebus mapscript, with the extra events, no tech trading, extra animals, extra mana. Civs have been Doviello (once), Illians (twice)

* I like to do a bit of exploration - especially with lairs - but I've had a string of starts where I'm penned in (I could change from Erebus, but I like the look of the maps!)

Top Bottom