1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Neonanocyborgasm

Neonanocyborgasm Deity

Thanks a bunch, Kael-baby. ;)

2. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

I have alot of Blockaded areas around me but no ships.

Edit: I have tried to reload the save, even re-start the entire game, but nope.
    Edit2: Patch f

Attached Files:

3. Jet

Jet No, no, please. Please.

Patch 41d, load save, press enter, crash.

If anyone happens to look at this and sees a workaround, please post it. I'd like to finish the game. (Maybe I can replay the last few turns to avoid the crash, though.)

Attached Files:

4. Kael

Kael Deity

k, thanks. I'll fix it.

5. Breunor

Breunor Deity

I took a quick look (10 minutes) and couldn't find anything 'obvious'. The only weird thing was that the Mercurians had two vassals but they didn't seem to be in a permanent alliance with anyone.

I doubt that is a problem, I just haven't seen it; clearly the original Mercurian summoner could have been eliminated. I wasn't sure who built the Mercurian gate (it is in Latito), I assumed it was the Sidar? Are you playing without permanent alliances? However, I suspect if that were the problem it woud have shown up way earlier, but I do admit I expected a permanent alliance betweent he Sidar and the Mercurians.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Best wishes,

Breunor

6. megamanx06

megamanx06 Caswallan

I was looking through the pedia back in patch d (my internet died on the comp where I play FfH, so I'm just now getting around to using a flash drive to get the patch from my family computer) and I noticed in some entry related to Order (I'm pretty sure it was either the tech "Orders from Heaven" or for the religion itself) it mentioned a tech that either no longer exists or hasn't been added yet (I'm assuming the latter). I know you fixed some pedia entries in patch e so I appologize if this has already been fixed, but if not, now you know where to look in the future ;).

P.S. Just out of curiosity, what did/will the tech do? It seems odd that Order is the only religion without a second tier tech.

7. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

@ megaman -> used to all religions had a secondary tech attached to them, but the Order one was removed and partially merged with Religious law (Social Order and Basilicas)

I'm not entirely certain what the cause for this was, but at one point I imagine the Order was considered an OP religion (although this was probably before the merging of Arcane and Summoning)

8. Fafnir13

Fafnir13 King

Killing Orthus just netted my newbie unit 1xp. I'd beaten the guy down to nigh nil health, but aren't world units supposed to grant good xp regardless?

9. mimic

mimic Magic Box

Well in a mp game last night my warrior got lucky at about 25% odds and went from level 1 to 7 after killing orthus, if he has hardly no hp you wont get much.

10. cadamus

cadamus Chieftain

Hey all, noticed something with Blinding Light in a MP game last night. The description says it prevents something from moving for 2 turns. It also prevents ANY action. As in my casters could not cast (didn't matter if they were religious units, arcane units, or units with other usable abilities, like grant gift for vamps). It essentially ends the turn for the unit, as opposed to setting their available movement to 0. In my mind, this is a HUGE difference. Its one thing to not be able to move, its entirely different to not be able to act at all if you have other abilities. Is this as intended? If so, it seems a bit overpowered to me, or am I missing something?

Edit: As a note, the civilopedia says they become "immobile". If this is the intended effect of Blinding Light, it might be worth making that more clear in the civilopedia.

Thanks

Cad

11. Turinturambar

Turinturambar Prince

Not really a bug per se, but the great bard event now kills off any AI that gets it before it can found a second city.

See the screenshot:
    Spoiler :

Garrim Gyr can start growing his one and only city to size 2 on turn 150+ . I doubt he will be much of a contender in this game. Well at least he will have some culture.

12. megamanx06

megamanx06 Caswallan

OK, finally got to play the new patch, and I noticed something weird with blight... when it happened, at first it seemed like the sickness issue got fixed. But when I zoomed into a city to confirm the ammout of sickness it got, suddenly it started starving from 27 sickness. I zoomed into my other cities (which until I zoomed in were still not starving) and found similar numbers. I guess the issue really wasn't fixed.

13. Breunor

Breunor Deity

It probably is fixed if you 'only' have 27. You are supposed to have some starvation. In older version we would get close to 100 bad health in big cities in some circumstnaces. So, look at how big your cities are, look at the 'blight is broken' thread, and see if youare getting a 'milder' blight.

Best wishes,

breunor

14. megamanx06

megamanx06 Caswallan

That was in a size seven city.

edit: and I was a longtime member of that thread.

15. Breunor

Breunor Deity

Oh, that doesn't sound good .....

Do you know how much of the 27 was from the blight? It is supposed to be the city size + a number between 1 and 15 (I think). Is it possible you had something like 5 bad health before the blight, got an unlucky 15, and would up with 27 that way?

Best wishes,

Breunor

16. megamanx06

megamanx06 Caswallan

I'm pretty sure the only sickness was from population and blight. And my memory is a little fuzzy, but I think that it was 27 sickness from blight in addition to the seven from population. But another concern is why it didn't display on the map until I zoomed into the city.

17. cabbagemeister

cabbagemeister Please wait...

This issue is not new; I've seen the same thing on all previous patches. I think it needs some reason (like a zoom) to "update" the view of the city's status. Similar to how Shadows don't instantly appear after you cast Revelation, but they do appear when you cast and then move the view around a little bit.

18. megamanx06

megamanx06 Caswallan

the only thing is it never happened to me before.

19. Kael

Kael Deity

Patch "g" is linked in the first post. It fixes a single issue and won't break save games.

1. Fixed an issue that created blockades when a unit gained hidden nationality.

20. Xyan

Xyan Cyber Monk

Patch e provided a lot of new artwork for the Elohim. After the first play through, I have a female adept upgrade to a female mage and then... gasp.. to a balding male archmage.

Too much magic alters the hormones?? :p