FfH2 Bug Thread

Hm. I didn't play it yet but I looked at the differences between Patch E and Patch D with WinMerge.

It seems that all Bonus Affinites are gone... am I seeing things?

Also, you did remove PREREQ_CORPORATION from Events? Why?

And I see no mention of the adding of PREREQ_CIVILIZATION in both BuildingInfos and UnitInfos. BTW, you have many <PrereqCivilization></PrereqCivilization> in BuildingInfos. I believe blank tags are a bad thing. IIRC xienwolf told me that.

And nothing about the HELP thing in CivilizationInfos.

Edit: I guess you'll upload it soon enough but I'd really like having the DLL sources :)

Hm. I didn't play it yet but I looked at the differences between Patch E and Patch D with WinMerge.

It seems that all Bonus Affinites are gone... am I seeing things?

Also, you did remove PREREQ_CORPORATION from Events? Why?

And I see no mention of the adding of PREREQ_CIVILIZATION in both BuildingInfos and UnitInfos. BTW, you have many <PrereqCivilization></PrereqCivilization> in BuildingInfos. I believe blank tags are a bad thing. IIRC xienwolf told me that.

And nothing about the HELP thing in CivilizationInfos.

Edit: I guess you'll upload it soon enough but I'd really like having the DLL sources :)

The changelog is not, nor has it ever been, a complete listing of every change made. Though I do try to make sure all the significant gameplay changes are included.

Fair enough ;) Sorry if I was a bit rough.

But what about the bonus affinites? It seemed weird to have them completely removed...

What's going on with bonus affinities, though? They aren't in the XML where they were, nor they are listed in the 'pedia...

Crosspost.

Fair enough ;) Sorry if I was a bit rough.

But what about the bonus affinites? It seemed weird to have them completely removed...

What's going on with bonus affinities, though? They aren't in the XML where they were, nor they are listed in the 'pedia...

Crosspost.

Thats an error in the spreadsheet, I'll fix it in a patch tonight.

Oh, and you removed the compassion effects? They weren't used anymore in FFH? Or did you think they were useless?

What compassion effects? "You treat your people poorly"?

He probably figured they were useless now and forgot that sacrifice the weak still triggered them.

Python Exception as new custom game loads. patch e.

Attachments

• 8-29-2009 4-58-31 PM.jpg
    8-29-2009 4-58-31 PM.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 151
Python Exception as new custom game loads. patch e.

Did you have the game option to place all the unique features? Sometimes you get that when the map is to small and it cant find a place to put the feature.

Hi, first time poster but I've been playing FFH2 for awhile now.

I just wanted to point out that the Elohim Axeman unit's response voice sounds like that of a goblin's. I'm not sure if this expands to the other units that were updated in the patch though.

Not a game breaking mechanic, but aesthetically it's wierd ;)

But keep up the good work, my wife and I have spent many hours playing this mod. :goodjob:

Did you have the game option to place all the unique features? Sometimes you get that when the map is to small and it cant find a place to put the feature.

You got it. I thought about it while eating dinner and realized I tried to cram too much stuff on a small map. Sorry for wasting your time.

Hi, first time poster but I've been playing FFH2 for awhile now.

I just wanted to point out that the Elohim Axeman unit's response voice sounds like that of a goblin's. I'm not sure if this expands to the other units that were updated in the patch though.

Not a game breaking mechanic, but aesthetically it's wierd ;)

But keep up the good work, my wife and I have spent many hours playing this mod. :goodjob:

Welcome to CivFanatics!

And the Elohim archer and longbowmen is the same Voice response as the orc's

Thanks for the feedback, I'll fix all three of these in tonights "f" patch.

not really a bug, but one annoying thing: right now if you gain access to some national limit units you can no longer build the T3 unit below it, and if some of your cities are building that t3 unit they will suddenly start producing the t4 unit. I've seen it with crusaders->paladins, and with horse archers->knights.

another one: stirrups currently needs archery, but it would be a lot better if horse archer required it instead of the tech itself. boar riders for example require stirrups but are weaker than horse archers, so it would seem natural if they did at least did not require archery.

I may be missing something, but it seems that the carnival no longer allows you to build the freak as the Balseraph, in patch e.

I may be missing something, but it seems that the carnival no longer allows you to build the freak as the Balseraph, in patch e.

Thanks, I'll fix it in patch "f".

Patch "f" is linked in the first post. Its a minor patch that fixes a few things I broke in patch "e" including:

1. Fixed an error in patch "e" where bonus affinities were accidently removed.
2. Removed orc sounds form the elohim axeman, archer and longbowman.
3. Fixed an issue that made Freaks unbuildable.

It won't break patch "e" saves.

Top Bottom