1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

No, just the mage retired, while a talented archmage took her place on the battlefield.

2. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

its very rare to find unique archmage art in base FFH. This sort of thing happens alot ^_^

3. PanzerWolf

PanzerWolf Chieftain

Thanks for the patching!

What's the Wild Mana?

4. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

5. Monkeyfinger

Monkeyfinger Deity

The gender bending is even more jarring for the recon line.

6. dot

dot crossing the i's

Kael, I'm getting +:) from the National Park "Pool of Tears" in Evermore. I don't have the 1000 slums. I've just had my first border pop and The Pool will only be in the third ring.

The game is on patch 'g'.

7. Opera

Opera Deity

I think it's because NUM_CITY_PLOT has been raised to take into account the Kurios and the 1000 slums (to make the city screen show the three rings too, maybe). But I looked at the function and it should be possible to re-write it to fix this.

8. megamanx06

megamanx06 Caswallan

Wait... what features exactly are getting merged? Personally, I like the Wild Mana mod, but I would prefer a FlavourMod merge.

9. Neomega

Neomega Deity

Only the AI is being merged.

10. RogueThunder

RogueThunder Warlord

'Pedia utterly forgets to mention that the Mercurian Gate cannot be made in your capital.
    ... For those who are new to the game--or caring that the Mercurians even exist. (I'm the latter.) This is very misleading. And incredibly frustrating many turns down the game when you only have one production capable city -.- your capital.

Attached is a fixed copy of the text file... with a small comment added near the beginning of the pedia entry for it(Before the massive flavorwriting, but at the end of the "what this thing does" blerb) Course. Feel free to do it by hand or whatever...

Attached Files:

11. Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco Callous Calling

With the new patch, nearly every time Hyborem takes a city, the game OOSs making it unplayable. If the issue cannot be fixed, it would be better to revert to the previous code with Hyborem's Razed City's lowering the AC count.

This is very serious, we had a game ruined because of this.

Peace,
    Bill

12. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Indeed. Due to a conquering Hyborem, there was an OOS almost every other turn, except for when Hyborem had to walk along way to the next civ. Eventually it was too much and the game was abandoned.

13. alRazad

alRazad Chieftain

Mirror of Heaven sometimes doesn´t provide Sun Mana since the latest two patches.

14. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Not sure what 'pedia entry you're reading, but the very last sentence of the entry for the Mercurian Gate reads "It cannot be built in a capital city." Maybe it should say so closer to the beginning of the entry, but in any event problems with the 'pedia are probably best reported in the Cosmetic Issues thread (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=303129) rather than the Bug thread.

15. Black Attila

Black Attila Chieftain

I have no modmods on my computer.
    Recently(since patch "c") I have been having a problem after combat.
    About 2-4 times a game after one of my units(usually a recon unit) is involved in combat(usually when i attacked) I will win, see the other unit die, I have even captured an animal or slave but then my unit disappears. I play with random reseeds so going back to last autosave and replaying the last 1-5 turns gets around it but it is getting very annoying.
    anyone else seeing this happen, how can it be fixed?

16. CygnusVismund

CygnusVismund Chieftain

i would like the autocast option also to be included, it could prove very usefull in multiplayer if found stable

17. debridement

debridement Chieftain

When you switch to Hyborem, if the game can't find a suitable city site it will place your units (and an extra settler) in a pocket of unclaimed territory. Often none of the tiles in this pocket are capable of city-building, and generally at this point you cannot get open borders to leave the pocket (no Cartography, good civ, etc). This requires that you carve out your empire through war from the get-go. Which would be fine, but...

Your starting champions, longbowmen, and hero don't receive their iron weapons promotions until they set foot in your not-yet-buildable capital. This means you have to conquer the nearest enemy city (or alternatively caravan your settlers through a war zone) with five units *sans metal weapons*.

Happens in at least 25% of my games. Diety, Pangea, Normal Speed, Lanun-Hyborem rush around turn 110. Could the settings be changed so these units start with iron weapons?

18. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Maybe that's more a balance issue rather than a bug? Might want to also report it in the balance thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=303482&page=16.

19. Afterthought_bt

Afterthought_bt Warlord

Under Nox Noctis, the sea patrol button does not work.

Noc Noctis: Units are invisible to enemies, so can't be attacked. (But they can attack enemies themselves.)

Sea Patrol: attacks any unit that tries to pillage in surrounding squares.

However, when an enemy ship tries to pillage the fishing boats beneath my frigate, the frigate just watches them.

This is very, very annoying for me as I play huge maps, and it is very easy to miss barbarians/enemy vessels approaching. (And yes, I know I could reveal them - but why should I have to lose the advantage of Nox Noctis like that?)

20. popejubal

popejubal Emperor

This is more of a Civ issue than a FfH issue. Sea Patrol actually has the patrolling boat as a defender. If a unit is invisible, it doesn't defend. I'm afraid that revealing your naval units or actively attacking the pillagers is your only choice here. If you don't like this, someone might be able to change it, but that would definately be a functionality change rather than a bug fix.