1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Emptiness

Emptiness []

Please repost the problems you are having with the scenarios in the appropriate subforum.

This is not limited to scenarios, but rather is a problem with the AI in general. When at war, the AI focuses too heavily on its military and so does not develop. If war occurs too early for the AI to have developed a stable economy, or if a war breaks out and peace never comes, then the AI will stagnate. This situation makes the scenarios which start off in a war state unplayable right now, because the AI never gets to do the "peacetime development" that it needs to do in order to compete.

2. The Ponce

The Ponce Chieftain

Only read that after posting here. My bad.

Thanks for the tip.

3. saathei

saathei Warlord

So, I'm playing as the Amurites, at war with Varn Gosam, Einon Logos, and Basium, when suddenly I get the message that I can no longer build the Tower of Elements. I look and my fire, body, and metamagic mana are all down by one. I went to inspect my capital, and the palace is just GONE. I have the option to build it, and I know it's not been built anywhere else because my capital would have moved. What's going on? :confused:

4. ShiftyDave

ShiftyDave Chieftain

In the attached game, when ending the turn, it just keeps waiting for other players and I never get control back.

Also, as an aside, I noticed that having the barbarian trait, the infernals cannot pick up any dropped items. Is this intentional?

5. Emptiness

Emptiness []

Is it possible that you moved your palace to another city, which was just conquered? You might have accidentally added it to the build queue. Try loading a save or autosave from before the ToE was canceled, and look to see where you capital is located (and whether you are building a new one anywhere).

You can only pick up equipment you own. If someone else owns it, you must attack it to capture it. If the Infernals are not yet at war with the Barbarians, and come across a piece of Barbarian equipment, they will not be able to pick it up without first declaring war on the Barbarians. This is intentional.

6. clearbeard

clearbeard King

I think there is an Armageddon Counter related event that destroys the palace. Or at least I had that happen playing as the Infernals, which was the only game I've ever had the AC get above 35 or so.

This reminds me of a related issue I had around that game. I had built the Summer Palace, but not yet the Winter one. Both the Infernal Palace and the Summer Palace were destroyed by that presumed event (all I remember was a pop-up about a fire of some kind, but that none of my buildings were destroyed... I may have missed other message(s)). Afterward, I could re-build the Infernal Palace, but not the Summer Palace, and could not even add a Summer palace in the world builder. Both previously palatial cities still had the star showing them as capitols. Don't know if there are any actual bugs in there.

7. Gustl

Gustl Chieftain

Hi,
    i´m playing khazad, but i cannot upgrade my adepts to mages...
    Well it´s no problem anymore - it´s only warlord difficulty and i´m only goinig for trophies, but maybe it´s some kind of bug, that happend to my game. Savegame is attatched.
    Thx Gustl

Attached Files:

8. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

That is no bug. The Khazad are meant to be weak in term of magic, and so cannot build either mages or archmages (or rather upgrade to them, as those units have level prereqs meaning no one can build them directly, except an AI when the appropriate game option is on). You would not have this problem if you were playing a different civ.

(In Kael's original D&D campaigns dwarves had no magical ability whatsoever, so even their adepts were humans they hired.)

9. Truenova

Truenova Chieftain

I was playing last night as the Shaeim and everything was going fine until the hell terrain started showing up. Before the hell terrain came most of my tiles were forest and had lumbermills on them. Now when the forests were wiped out they were all normal unimproved tiles. This is not a problem itself but my automated workers just sat in my cities and did nothing.

I tried turning off automate and turning it back on but they still just sat there, if I took them out of the city and turned on automate they would just go back in and idle. if I took one worker and built a workshop, farm, or cottage, the others would automatically go help but afterwords they went back and idled in the city. And with new cities I conquered they would not even build roads to it or do anything to improve the new land.

So overall it just seems like the worker ai does not know how to function with the hell terrain and I end up having to babysit them which is a pain as my empire is usually fairly large when it starts to happen.

10. Gustl

Gustl Chieftain

Like i thought - typical for the small ones ;) . It isnt written in the khazaad civilopedia (or maybe i didnt find it), so i asked here.
    Thx

11. Breunor

Breunor Deity

This is a very complex bug.

If you eliminate all other players, you are declared the winner by conquest.

If you eliminate each other player individually, the WoC will persist.

If you eliminate them 2 at a time, the WoC still occurs.

Eliminating all of the barbarians does not fix the WoC (I hope I found them all but it is possible I missed one. Most of the WoC's are caused by barbarians or animals.)

If you load the game as another player ( I tried the Svartalfar) the game plays without a WoC.

It is important to note that the Avatar of Wrath is on the board so there are a lot of barbarian units and this may cause other complexities.

Sorry, I cannot fix the game so you can continue as the Infernals.

Best wishes,

Breunor

12. roger_wilco

roger_wilco Chieftain

This is not actually a bug, more of a weird AI behavior, using 40j: I was playing SP against Kuriotates, amongst others. The Kuriotates cities got conquered by Svartalfar except for one settlement. Now the Kuriotates had some Centaurs sitting in there, and even though they could have easily upgraded the settlement to a city with them, they never did.

13. ShiftyDave

ShiftyDave Chieftain

So to clarify, dropped equipment retains the ownership of the original player, or does it always become barbarian?

14. WCH

WCH Prince

It could be fixed by treating barbarian equipment as animals.

15. hbar

hbar Constant

This reminds me, in a recent game (patch j) The Ljos killed Orthus one turn after he popped. About 50 turns later I waltzed in with Loki and saw that the axe was still sitting unclaimed on a hill next to one of their cities. Loki couldn't claim it (can't attack), so I negotiated for open borders and grabbed it myself.

I know the AI doesn't understand equipment very well, but this has been an issue for a very long time...

16. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

In my current game, patch j, one of my Courtesans killed a Kuriotate Beastmaster who had the Axe. I guess the AI is getting it right part of the time. Oh yea, I had her pick it up and go look for another target.

17. thealien_83

thealien_83 King

Ahoy hoy fellow FFH'ers!

After a long hiatus meddling with various other things, I returned (as I always seem to do!) to Fall From Heaven 2 once more. Re-gathered my friends to kick up some multiplayer wickedness once again, but..

Alas!

We are assailed by problems. Chiefly, when playing anything other than LAN games we get Out Of Sync problems very often. While it's happened in the past, I've never had so many recurring instances of it. Particularly in this last game I tried, it quite literally goes OOS every time someone researches a new tech, which is obviously rather unplayable.

Being no tech wiz myself I've exhausted most of my ideas about what might cause it or how to solve it, so I thought I would ask the great sages of the forum instead.

What gives? :confused:

18. orgonebox

orgonebox Squidtastic

I'm also experiencing lots of WoC errors. In fact, I do not think I have finished a game yet due to WoC. I can post a save game if anyone likes.

19. dime

dime Chieftain

Playing with the 'j' patch, I had a very odd situation.

Playing the Lanun and going OO, I built Hemah as soon as possible. I had a coastline empire, including a large island where I had a production city for this. Now, after building Hemah I tried to get her (him?) to the mainland to join my conquering stack of Stygians only to notice that it was impossible to load her onto a boat... I tried with every conceivable vessel at my disposal (Galley, Trireme, Pirate) and even used a boat with the promotion "cargo space +1" and the "cargo crew" but to no avail. At first I thought this was due to the Amurites using their world spell (figuring that "board ship" might be implemented as a spell), but the problem persisted even after the world spell should've worn out. I finally solved the problem by using the water walk spell, but it was a very annoying bug

/Andreas

20. Emptiness

Emptiness []

If a unit carrying equipment is killed (or deleted), then the equipment drops and belongs to the civ that owned the unit carrying it - unless the unit is killed and the tile taken by an opponent, in which case the equipment will drop and be captured by the attacker, who will own it (and thus can pick it up).

The only time a Barbarian civ would be denied access to equipment it deserved would be if a HN barbarian (such as an animal) carrying the equipment was killed by the Barbarian civ. I guess a change could be made so that equipment dropped by HN units would have the HN promotion, so that anyone could capture it.

If it's just a normal barbarian carrying a piece of equipment, and someone else kills the unit but doesn't capture the equipment (say, the barbarian attacks a defender and dies) then there's really no reason why a civ at peace with the barbarians should be able to claim it as their own.

Loki can, however, summon puppets that can attack.

Edit: Response moved here.

Please post a save game where this is happening.