FfH2 Bug Thread

There appears to be a bug where you don't get Great Sages from certain (or all) events. For example, in the philosopher stirring up the people event when you can choose to get a Great Sage, you get the extra unhappy but not the Great Sage (I have been caught a few times by this. ;)) Also an aside - for the sake of the AI, I think it would be better if the choice to build the Academy be removed, as, when the above bug is fixed, you can just get the Great Sage and build the Academy, at a lower cost of unhappy faces then if you choose the Academy building from the event.

Also, the one where you can choose +1 commerce in a plot for free or pay 100 gold and get the extra commerce and also have a high chance of getting a big health bonus and a Great Sage, did not give a Great Sage either. While it is possible that I was just unlucky, it might just be a bug in the code when it comes to giving Great Sages as the result of events.

Probably this bug is easy to fix, I look forward to it! :) Thanks for the mod!

Best regards,
Steven.

When workers are placed on automatic they go out and do one thing then stop and sit in cities, forever. I do NOT have "keep forests" or "old structures" enabled.

There appears to be a bug where you don't get Great Sages from certain (or all) events. For example, in the philosopher stirring up the people event when you can choose to get a Great Sage, you get the extra unhappy but not the Great Sage (I have been caught a few times by this. ;)) Also an aside - for the sake of the AI, I think it would be better if the choice to build the Academy be removed, as, when the above bug is fixed, you can just get the Great Sage and build the Academy, at a lower cost of unhappy faces then if you choose the Academy building from the event.

Also, the one where you can choose +1 commerce in a plot for free or pay 100 gold and get the extra commerce and also have a high chance of getting a big health bonus and a Great Sage, did not give a Great Sage either. While it is possible that I was just unlucky, it might just be a bug in the code when it comes to giving Great Sages as the result of events.
Both of those events give a free permanent Sage in the city, not a Great Sage. For this same reason, removing the Academy option from the first event you mentioned would not serve the same function, because the free Sage can't be used to build an Academy.

Apologies if this has been mentioned somewhere else, but I didn't see any reference to it in the known issues or in the recently patched problems. I was playing a game in which I switched to the Hyborem. I was having trouble growing and I soon discovered why; the Broken Lands were providing nothing (2 Food listed in the Civilopedia for that terrain type). Adjacent to River was providing 1 Commerce, and the Hills were providing 1 Hammer as per their bonuses, but the base terrain value was nothing. Even building a Farm on the River still yielded not a single Bread icon. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how the Hyborem function.

The infernals are a Fallow civilization; They do not grow from food. In fact, they can't even SEE food. :lol:
I believe that is only true within their own territory.
If an evil unit dies (Based on the unit's religion), the Infernals receive a Mane. Manes can be either upgraded to a combat unit, or sacrificed to increase a city's population.
Actually, they have a chance to receive 2 manes but no guarantee to recieve any.

Units with Death I or Entropy I also count as evil units for mane granting purposes, even if they have a good religion. It is possible for a single unit can return as one angel and two manes.

I believe you could also use a mane to rush production, but I tend to think it is pretty stupid to do so. They don't rush by a whole lot so adding them to the city's population typically does as much to aid the production of what is currently being produced and helps a lot more in the long run. I personally only add to population, as it is better to build units when running civics or possessing wonders that provide free xp.

I believe that is only true within their own territory.
Actually, they have a chance to receive 2 manes but no guarantee to recieve any.

Units with Death I or Entropy I also count as evil units for mane granting purposes, even if they have a good religion. It is possible for a single unit can return as one angel and two manes.

I believe you could also use a mane to rush production, but I tend to think it is pretty stupid to do so. They don't rush by a whole lot so adding them to the city's population typically does as much to aid the production of what is currently being produced and helps a lot more in the long run. I personally only add to population, as it is better to build units when running civics or possessing wonders that provide free xp.

It may have been modified by FF then, as when I play they can't see food even outside their borders. :lol:

I agree, all I use them for is population. ;)

Game causes a CTD on end of turn. Removing a hill giant just east of the ljosalfar lands seems to fix it. This seems to be a fairly common problem, any idea what causes it and how to fix it?

Attachments

• grigorictd.CivBeyondSwordSave
    289.2 KB · Views: 50
Game causes a CTD on end of turn. Removing a hill giant just east of the ljosalfar lands seems to fix it. This seems to be a fairly common problem, any idea what causes it and how to fix it?

Seizer,

One item to check is to see if removing the 'hidden nationality' promotion from the hill giant fixes the bug, it may be useful for reasearch (or I can do it when I get a free moment). The reason I ask is to answer your question about what is causing the bug.

Most of the hill giant bugs we have had can also be fixed by removing hidden nationality, so there is a chance that the bug is related to some sort of grouping issues. Indeed, it is possible that the bug was in place before patch H, but has come up now that barbarians try to form groups now and usually didn't before.

Emptiness mentioned that the bugs for this and the summoned tigers may have a tie-in to the script the AI applies - this appears to me to be a very plausible explanation. Sometimes removing a city will prevent a crash that would otherwise occur, being caused by a tiger/giant/skeleton. This result seems to imply that an action being taken by the unit that is causing the crash. Again, grouping with another barbarian or unit is also a logical and possibly the same issue; removing the city may be preventing the barbarians/units from forming groups. So it is likely that the scripting and its ties to groups may be an underlying cause here.

Our other type of bug appears to be coming from very large stacks for otherwise 'normal' units.

Best wishes,

Breunor

PS It may be useful to report if you have had a crash or WOC, and fixed the game by removing a unit (or I fixed it), whether the same error occurs again. If it doesn't, the error may be related to some sort of mechanism that counts units, and fixing it 'resets' the counter. Obviously, is the bug keeps reoccurring, we have a different story. For those of you with summoned tiger bugs, does the game re-crash after the fix?

barb AI will never attempt to group units. They might move several units on a plot for whatever reason, but barbs never try to group.

I remember there were similar problems in Wildmana 5.0, I espicially remember the Tigar issue. Maybe it is related to it. I don't remember what I did to fix it so it must have been something pretty simply.

barb AI will never attempt to group units. They might move several units on a plot for whatever reason, but barbs never try to group.

I remember there were similar problems in Wildmana 5.0, I espicially remember the Tigar issue. Maybe it is related to it. I don't remember what I did to fix it so it must have been something pretty simply.

Ok, good to know that the AI doesn't group. This seems to lead more support for Emptiness' view that there is an issue with the AI scripts.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Sorry, I don't suppose this was a bug, just an OP civ. I'll leave it here anyways.

I don't know if this is still the case, but last time I played the mod (which was also after the last major patch, i think), it was FAR too easy to win with Hippus, Pangea, Orthus. A general game went like this:

1. Get horses
2. Produce stables & horsemen
3. Find & kill orthus with a stack of horsemen while continuing to spam horsemen.
4. Invade all opposing civs.
5. victory

I did this on every single difficulty, even Deity, and it wasn't much of a challenge because the hippus are so powerful so fast if you manage to get the axe.

The infernals are a Fallow civilization; They do not grow from food. In fact, they can't even SEE food. :lol:

If an evil unit dies (Based on the unit's religion), the Infernals receive a Mane. Manes can be either upgraded to a combat unit, or sacrificed to increase a city's population.

Well I definitely have Ashenvale as my State Religion and I've tried losing numerous units on both Attack and Defense; skeletal archers, champions, imps, axemen, and not a single Mane has spawned.

map pangea
size tiny
2 more players... (5 all together)

sheelba is not founding the starting city.

Attachments

• sheelba_stuck.JPG
    sheelba_stuck.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 96
Well I definitely have Ashenvale as my State Religion and I've tried losing numerous units on both Attack and Defense; skeletal archers, champions, imps, axemen, and not a single Mane has spawned.

That's because your units are dead anyway. Only when a living evil unit dies you get manes.

I think it doesn't work if it's your own units. The mechanic is confusing and poorly explained, so it's not surprising that you don't understand it.

If you're playing as Infernals, the best way to get manes is by razing cities, especially evil cities. They also spawn when living Esus or Veil units die. Complicated and kind of annoying because it means that for your empire to grow even slightly you need to immediately, upon summoning, declare on an evil Civ. It makes sense that you'd want to attack someone right out of the gate, but that it has to be someone evil (and ideally even someone with Veil or Esus) is just counter intuitive and frustrating.

Top Bottom