FfH2 Bug Thread

I found a barbarian city that was the cause.

You're talking about the 1st save in your post, right?

This is actually a standard sized map with high water lvls, but the erebus scipt puts a lot more land with high seas then the bts scripts.

You're talking about the 1st save in your post, right?

This is actually a standard sized map with high water lvls, but the erebus scipt puts a lot more land with high seas then the bts scripts.

The game gets 'bigger' as it goes - the number of units is a key cause of the long turns. Your file is over 900 KB's, its big by Civ standards.

I can't open your new file anyway, sorry.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Yeah somoebody should do something about that unit spam :/ In one game the Clan had a stack of 130 axeman and 60 archers... It just gets ridiculous.

That file is archived using rar.

AI Basium is definitely not working as he should. I've seen too many games now where he's done a bit fat nothing and the last one took the biscuit. Having brought him into the game he had a very long protected attritional war with us and good Khazad and good Bannor against good Calabim. He amassed a handy army of 30 angels, the boss stack in the game, and .... marched them 20 spaces west to attack a barbarian village on the edge of nowhere. There was a calabim city 7 spaces away to the east with empty desert in between, absolutely nothing in the way of his angels. I used the diplomacy option to tell him to attack Nubia repeatedly and he ignored it, as usual, so that looks pointless as I've never seen it make any difference ever. No other nation, at war, marches it's units 30 spaces in the wrong direction. To make matters worse he had order in his capital and immediately researched and changed his religion to council of esus, as he didn't want good units .... obviously.

There is no reason for Basium to behave like this yet he always does. It isn't just a case of him not having enough troops, or wanting to defend his cities, blah, blah, blah, he just isn't performing at the moment. Full stop. His only value as an ally is that the AI opponents see his forces and sue for peace, which is a good job as he never uses them.

In my latest game with Basium he did steamroll nicely with his tier-4 unit stacks, although he did send all his Ophanims to raze some random barbarian villages in icy coasts.

He always sits on his fat butt in my games switching religions frequently. Since I have killed Hyborem numerous times, I play with the Compact Enforced option checked to prevent an AI Basium from hogging my CPU for no good reason.

Just got a CTD in FFH patch m :

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvSpellInterface", line 22, in cast

File "<string>", line 0, in ?

File "CvSpellInterface", line 2079, in spellRally

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function cast failed, module CvSpellInterface

From save game below:

Attachments

• b.CivBeyondSwordSave
    259.4 KB · Views: 69
Just got a CTD in FFH patch m :

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvSpellInterface", line 22, in cast

File "<string>", line 0, in ?

File "CvSpellInterface", line 2079, in spellRally

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function cast failed, module CvSpellInterface

From save game below:

The bug is almost certainly being caused by a violation error (units from warring Civ's in the same square) from the Bannor casting rally. Rally will place demagogues on the board. Right now, the Bannor are at war with the Hippus. There is a Hippus stack in Bannor territory. I suspect one of the Hippus chariots is moving into a square creating a demagogue.

I can remove the bug by deleting the top three chariots in the Hippus main army. I've attached a save. Unfortunately, these three chariots are strong, and losing them can be significant. The Bannor will wipe out the Hippus main army, but if those chariots were there they may have a better chance.

So, you can play the game from the attached file, or if you like, I can give the Hippus 3 chariots somewhere else. Let me know.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Attachments

• Hyborem AD-0322.CivBeyondSwordSave
    259.2 KB · Views: 56
The bug is almost certainly being caused by a violation error (units from warring Civ's in the same square) from the Bannor casting rally. Rally will place demagogues on the board. Right now, the Bannor are at war with the Hippus. There is a Hippus stack in Bannor territory. I suspect one of the Hippus chariots is moving into a square creating a demagogue.

I can remove the bug by deleting the top three chariots in the Hippus main army. I've attached a save. Unfortunately, these three chariots are strong, and losing them can be significant. The Bannor will wipe out the Hippus main army, but if those chariots were there they may have a better chance.

So, you can play the game from the attached file, or if you like, I can give the Hippus 3 chariots somewhere else. Let me know.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Thanks Breunor. I will have a look at these chariots and see if I can add them in somewhere else myself.

Edit: Easiest way to solve it was to simply change the town under their feet to a farm. Hurts Bannor slightly but allows Hippus to keep all their units. Now when Rally is cast they get one less Demagog (which Rally shouldn't allow anyway since foreign troops are in the town).

I think the Rally spell should be altered to check for the presence of foreign troops in future, to prevent this bug.

Patch 0.41n ("Breunor's patch", unreleased)
1. Fixed a CtD caused by a conversion in a stack with enemy units.
2. Fixed a CtD caused by taunt causing a unit that can't attack to attack.
3. Fixed an issue that caused the AI Balseraphs to build freaks endlessly.
4. Disciples of Acheron start with Loyalty.
5. Sons of the Inferno start with Loyalty.
6. Fixed a CtD when the Bannor cast rally and an enemy unit is on a town.
7. Fixed a CtD that can be caused when a player founds a city in a plot with enemy units (the fun of invisibility).

Oooh... a new patch on the way!

It would be an improvement if the AI build a little less priests in the game. The main army for an AI is priests. Although I do not know how to do this, a limit of some sort, a lower weight for building them, higher cost or something.
In my last war I launched my army of orcs and orges towards an elven army of priests and tigers. His SOD was a handful of longbowmen, a handful of rangers and then 70+ of priests with tigers to go. Sure it is quite easy to promote my army, but it can be a little bit boring. In my next war I have to take on any army of ... stonewardens, okey I already have the right promotions for it.

Edit: I mean, for flavor. Normally an army consists of bows and swords backed up with some spellcasters not the other way around.
A thought (if possible), only allow one priest per temple built. That should limit it.

I do not know how its suppose to work but the Shrine of the Champion (yes I do play honest and let my heroes die if they do;)) aren't compatible with Warrens, only one of the two gets the free promotion.

Just a few unrelated things I noticed while playing:

- To get mana of life, you need Divination instead of Alteration. Alteration is the only technology that doesn't provide all resources required to build the corresponding tower.

- I still have to see a lightning elemental created by a victorious air elemental.

- For about 50 turns in one game, my cities didn't grow when building any (military) units. I couldn't find any cause and don't know why this feature silently disappeared.

- For about 50 turns in one game, my cities didn't grow when building any (military) units. I couldn't find any cause and don't know why this feature silently disappeared.

The civic conquest is all about building units with food so maybe you had it at the time.

Python Exception

The event that triggered it was (I guess) the event about the conflict: Order vs. AV, what should burn (the order temple in the event city is the head temple, issue?).

But that could of course be a coincidence, since I do not speak code.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0019.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0019.JPG
    320.7 KB · Views: 113
I've noticed that barbarian units turned into animals under nature's revolt are still treated as barbarians if you have the barbarian leader trait (eg Charadon). Is this a feature or a bug?

I built "Birthright Regain" with my mighty orcs, mostly for fun (the clans world spell isn't the sexiest in the world, especially late in the game). I noticed that I can't cast it.
My guess is that it is because I am no longer at peace with the Barbarians, but I don't know. I haven't played the clan so late in the game so Birthright Regain has becoming an issue (as an orc, you better win before the late game) so I have never cast the world spell so late and the normal cast of the world spell you have, I usually cast somewhere between turn 50 and 100 or so (for scouting mostly) and I have never lost my friendship with the barbs so early.

Not the biggest thing in the world if you are playing the clan but can be good to know (since I couldn't find any info in the pedia about this).

In the Breunor Patch, could you fix the bug where Sons of Inferno show up as early as the bronze age?? (Meaning the Disciples of Acheron never "show up")

Top Bottom