FfH2 Bug Thread

Hi, thank you to Kael and the rest of the team for making this great mod!

My game keeps crashing at the end of turn 143 (this is a save from turn 141). I thought maybe it had to with building the Barnaxus hero unit (turn 143 was the first turn Barnaxus existed) and that it was related to his special power on golems, but when I cancelled his build I would still crash at the same point in time.

I'm guessing that it's a random world event that is causing the crash? I don't have it set to reset the random seed, so I don't know how to fix it.

Here is the save: http://www.box.net/shared/m2st7nerml

Here is the info when it crashes to Windows:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.9.0
Application Timestamp: 4a0c27e6
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4b6341aa
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0003c5e0
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 3164
Additional Information 2: f31c530d3d12785f4cca5eb2cbce0d8e
Additional Information 3: 011d
Additional Information 4: 01351879a445e41ad4df3ba5eb395c4d

Thanks for your help!

Here is a fixed file for turn 143. The bug had nothing to do with your builds. If you want to see what caused the bug, see the spoiler below.

Spoiler :
It is overwhelmingly likely that the bug was caused by The Clan casting 'For the Horde', especially since the game has Sheelba and not Jonas. Wiping out the Clan fixes the game. Leaving even 1 unit in a city casuses the crash.

Ok, that was the easy part. Now, to find the barbarian units that are causing it ....

It turns out the city of Domir has two warriors and 2 archers. I was able to fix the game by deleting one warrior.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Attachments

• Beeri Bawl ADv2-0143.CivBeyondSwordSave
    153.7 KB · Views: 75
Hey guys this is the 2nd game in a row now I have hit a certain turn and it just crashes over and over. My first game was turn 74, and this one is 270. I have uploaded my save file for you guys to look at. The one thing I think could be the problem is I get a captain right at the end of my turn and it crashes every time it shows I have received him. I am just not sure how I am suppose to go into the world builder and delete him if the game will not let me get to the next turn. Any suggestions?

I can't load the file, I think it is a 'Fall Further' file. If it is ,you probably should post on that sub-forum.

Best wishes,

Breunor

I just noticed that my 10 level chariot hero who has strength 9 with iron and Orthus axe and heroic attack promotion and has +100% strength promotion and cover II +80% vs archery, has only strenght 18 against archery unit when you check the odds..

Sooo that means i get bonus only from my strenght promotions and my cover II bonus is completelly ignored, even if it shows +80% vs archery units in the odds + & - list..

Sooo, this is a bug right? Sooo i report it. now

I just noticed that my 10 level chariot hero who has strength 9 with iron and Orthus axe and heroic attack promotion and has +100% strength promotion and cover II +80% vs archery, has only strenght 18 against archery unit when you check the odds..

Sooo that means i get bonus only from my strenght promotions and my cover II bonus is completelly ignored, even if it shows +80% vs archery units in the odds + & - list..

Sooo, this is a bug right? Sooo i report it. now

IIRC, the +80% is actually applied as a -80% to the Archer unit.

So check the ENEMY'S odds, not your own. ;)

After building the Mercurian Gate and playing as the Mercurians, an AI nation (Van Gossarm) was still asking me to change to Empyrean, even though I had no Empyrean cities. The Empyrean cities were in my old empire.

On marathon speed the AI nations seem to make demands too frequently, forgetting they are on marathon speed. Van Gossarm has demanded I change religion 7 times in just the middle game. When you scale it down by 1/3rd that's the equivalent of once every 10 turns on normal speed.

I can't fathom out what criteria the Amurites are using to cast their world spell. Before patch m they used it pretty regularly when they went to war. Now they seem to cast it when they're not at war and they gain little advantage. I'd make a guess that they're casting it to frustrate other nations, either nations at war or nations with new arcane units, but since I can't even tell what they're trying to achieve I can't say whether it's bugged or just strange. Perhaps someone else can shed more light on this.

Arcane Lacuna also gives all Amurite arcane units a batch of experience (based on the number of upgraded mana nodes in the game, so says the civilopedia).

Is there any chance that we could get an artwork patch? I realize that troubleshooting bugs is quite time consuming and difficult, so I have no desire to rush the next patch in terms of fixes. But I seem to recall several new batches of artwork being posted in the art thread. Most notably was a new model for the Lamia unit. Since that work seem to be done, what are the odds that the new models and skins can be bundled together and released as a mini patch?

Arcane Lacuna also gives all Amurite arcane units a batch of experience (based on the number of upgraded mana nodes in the game, so says the civilopedia).

Thanks that may explain it, but even so they'd be better using the spell at wartime. The Amurites are hardly short of xp on their arcane units for peacetime activities.

This here fixes a bug with the dynamic cityRadius code.
In the old code if (iNewValue < getPlotRadius())
was always false because m_iPlotRadius = iNewValue; was done before it. I moved the code to make workers not struck before m_iPlotRadius = iNewValue to fix this.
Code:
void CvCity::setPlotRadius(int iNewValue)
{
    if (iNewValue != getPlotRadius())
    {
        /*That workers in outliing plots are not struck there...*/
        CvPlot* pLoopPlot;
        if (iNewValue < getPlotRadius())
        {
            for (int iI=8; iI<NUM_CITY_PLOTS; iI++)
            {

if (isWorkingPlot(iI) == true)
                {
                    setWorkingPlot(iI, false);
                }
            }
        }
        for (int iI=8; iI<NUM_CITY_PLOTS; iI++)
        {
            pLoopPlot = plotCity(getX_INLINE(), getY_INLINE(), iI);
            if (pLoopPlot != NULL)
            {
                pLoopPlot->updateWorkingCity();
            }
        }

m_iPlotRadius = iNewValue;

updateFeatureHealth();
        updateFeatureHappiness();
    }
}

ok... I'm playing for the Sheim and did their ritual to raise the AC. I got the AC up 93 and apparently the Avatar of Wrath is supposed to come out(according to threads). But when the ritual completes the turn loader never completes. The little globe thing keeps spinning and spinning. I went to work, came back, and the damn thing still didn't finish loading.
I have a good computer and ram ain't the problem. So I'm considering it a bug. Hopeful someone has a fix to this as to why it ain't finishing the turn. I was hoping to see the destruction of the world with a AC of 100, but I guess that won't be happening.

Try reloading the game from an auto-save Vagabundo and delay the ritual a couple of turns by building something else in the city first. That might skip past any bug you're encountering.

ok... I'm playing for the Sheim and did their ritual to raise the AC. I got the AC up 93 and apparently the Avatar of Wrath is supposed to come out(according to threads). But when the ritual completes the turn loader never completes. The little globe thing keeps spinning and spinning. I went to work, came back, and the damn thing still didn't finish loading.
I have a good computer and ram ain't the problem. So I'm considering it a bug. Hopeful someone has a fix to this as to why it ain't finishing the turn. I was hoping to see the destruction of the world with a AC of 100, but I guess that won't be happening.

No, this is a very common bug, when the Avatar of Wrath appears many units become 'enraged'. There are AI issues with the enraged promotion that can cause an infinite loop. {Comment - this is the 'common theory'. Nobody knows for sure what is causing the bug.}

The usual prescription is to reload and try something different. The bug doesn't always appear but does fairly often.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Thanks. Im gonna try building something else in the city that has the ritual. then I'll build the ritual later and then see if anything changes.

Foreign Workers can enter friendly territory (via open borders) and chop down trees. This doesn't happen often, but when it does happen it can be annoying - especially when you are playing an elven civ and a foreign worker decides to chop down an Ancient Forest. It should not be necessary to close your border to protect your trees.

-------------

Killing Barnaxus does not remove the Empower promotion(s) that he grants to Luchuirp golems. New golems built after he is killed do not gain Empower promotions, but promotions that had been granted before he was killed are not removed. I think I remember that his death used to remove these promotions, but I'm not sure when this changed. Even if I'm remembering incorrectly, these promotions should be removed upon his death since he is what grants them.

-------------

I stumbled across an instance of the Work Boat bug (a Work Boat never actually builds the Fishing Boats improvement) in a human-controlled civ. In the attached save, you can see the boat near Evermore is standing with an order to create Fishing Boats. Unfortunately, I can't demonstrate the bug in a save because reloading actually appears to fix the bugged boat - the boat in question will build its improvement this turn. When I was originally playing this game, the Work Boat had been stuck for several turns and would presumably have remained stuck for the rest of the game. (This suggests a possible workaround - saving and reloading - for those times when an AI boat becomes stuck.) I have included a save from before the Work Boat became stuck, in case someone wants to attempt to recreate the bug.

Attachments

• Bugged Fishing Boat (Before Bug).CivBeyondSwordSave
    481.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Bugged Fishing Boat.CivBeyondSwordSave
    481.7 KB · Views: 66
I have found that Lanun workboats are the worst offenders, probably getting confused about building pirate coves. They almost always need manual orders.

I couldn't reproduce your problem with the 2 work boats being built in your game. I did notice though that Auric Ulvin isn't building his temples of the hand. All his cities needed temples in your game, some of them needed those temples very badly.

Just to clarify, the Work Boat was not automated. I gave it a manual order to build the Fishing Boats improvement and it became stuck. I had a ship on the tile already to defend it, and didn't notice the stuck boat for several turns. I haven't had any luck reproducing the error either, so I guess those saves won't be very useful.

Kael you should SO take Erebus mapscript out of patch n and replace it with ErebusContinents. I see pretty much all newcomers play on that cuz they think it's the map you're SUPPOSED to play FFH on, while actually it's the horrible script that messes FFH up. I'm serious. please, you can't seriously hate n00bs so much. they deserve to play the real experience and not some crappy ffh in a maze. I wasted SO MUCH time on that and I'm never ever going to get it back. oh, and I won't even mention ( I will, actually ) those horrible all desert or all ice starts, and then you find you're stranded alone on a useless island made entirely of ice or desert. it's just dreadful, and I STRONGLY suspect most people who try FFH and dislike it actually do so because of this mapscript. when you finally ditch it it's like night and day.

Top Bottom