FfH2 Bug Thread

All that Council of Esus stuff is inconsistent. Either the pretention of it being somehow "hidden" should be dropped, so that anyone can see who follows Esus on a scoreboard, or it should be really made hidden by removing the "XXX converts to CoE!" message, the Esus symbol in the diplomacy screen and the Esus-specific art for cottages.

Better to reveal it all, really. Else the human players will stll understand who follows CoE (Hm, Faeryl has just revolted from FoL to what seems like a no state religion, guess what religion she follows now).

I'd rather see if as an unadoptable religion, it SHOULD be underground (or behind the scenes, whatever).... but I'm not sure how you would be able to build religion-specific units

Please note that reloading and refighting is not a 'new' trial if you don't use the 'reset the random seed', you will always get the same result as you got before you loaded.

Actually there's a problem with the random seed. Playing without the "New Random Seed on Reload" option selected should result in what you describe, however what actually happens is that reloading changes the random seed but to a specific value. In other words if you save the game, observe a result (say, from combat or from exploring a lair), reload, and then repeat that action you will get a different result. If you then reload from the same save and repeat the action you will get the same result you got the second time, even if you reload repeatedly. Playing without the new random seed option should protect the first result, but it actually protects the second result, so to speak.

This result is surprsing. The combat calculator has been tested many times. There are a few quirks, but not as you are reporting.

Please note that reloading and refighting is not a 'new' trial if you don't use the 'reset the random seed', you will always get the same result as you got before you loaded.

Best wishes,

Breunor

If you do want to get a new trial when you don't have the "new random seed on reload" option turned on, you can also use a game or two of Somnium to push past the current "random" numbers. Just start the friendly game of somnium, wait until you/they draw a card and then concede the game. Lots of random numbers are used to generate the card decks, so you get yourself a new seed even with the new random seed option turned off.

Also, I've noticed that even when I have new random seed on reload turned off, I will sometimes get a new result when I reload and try the same actions (popping a hut/ruin/combat/etc). And yes, I am sure that I'm doing the exact same sequence of steps that I had done on the previous course.

26. AI: Leaders can now have a favorite unitcombat (so amelanchier will prefer archers, alexis melee, tasunke mounted, etc) which helps in building units, choosing buildings, and selecting techs.
27. AI: Leaders can now have a favorite tech (instead of the python forced teching).

Interesting! Will there be a way (preferably in-game) where we can see what these favorites are for each leader? Maybe in their 'pedia entries?

Also, can't wait to see the new Orc Paladin!

Mercurians don't receive free buildings from Guild of Hammers (or Catacomb Libralus, etc.) which has been built before Mercurian gate.
(Note. Free building is applied all cities not only owner civilization, but also all civilizations in same team.)

But if they lost GoH, they receive free buildings.:eek:

Perhaps when Mercurians appeard, CvPlayer::m_paiFreeBuildingCount doesn't update collectly.

I tried to fix this issue.
This is my sample code.
Spoiler :

Code:
//FfH: Added by Kael 08/24/2007
void CvGame::addPlayerAdvanced(PlayerTypes eNewPlayer, int iNewTeam, LeaderHeadTypes eLeader, CivilizationTypes eCiv)
{
    int iTempTeam;

PlayerColorTypes eColor = (PlayerColorTypes)GC.getCivilizationInfo(eCiv).getDefaultPlayerColor();
    for (int iI = 0; iI < MAX_CIV_PLAYERS; iI++)
    {
        if (eColor == NO_PLAYERCOLOR || GET_PLAYER((PlayerTypes)iI).getPlayerColor() == eColor)
        {
            for (int iK = 0; iK < GC.getNumPlayerColorInfos(); iK++)
            {
                if (iK != GC.getCivilizationInfo((CivilizationTypes)GC.getDefineINT("BARBARIAN_CIVILIZATION")).getDefaultPlayerColor())
                {
                    bool bValid = true;
                    for (int iL = 0; iL < MAX_CIV_PLAYERS; iL++)
                    {
                        if (GET_PLAYER((PlayerTypes)iL).getPlayerColor() == iK)
                        {
                            bValid = false;
                            break;
                        }
                    }
                    if (bValid)
                    {
                        eColor = (PlayerColorTypes)iK;
                        iI = MAX_CIV_PLAYERS;
                        break;
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
//  if (iNewTeam != NO_TEAM)
//  {
//      GET_PLAYER(eNewPlayer).setTeam((TeamTypes)iNewTeam);
//      gDLL->getInterfaceIFace()->setDirty(Fog_DIRTY_BIT, true);
//  }
//  else
//  {
        bool bValid = false;
        for (int iI = 0; iI < MAX_CIV_TEAMS; iI++)
        {
            if (!GET_TEAM((TeamTypes)iI).isEverAlive() && bValid == false)
            {
//              iNewTeam = iI;
                iTempTeam = iI;
                bValid = true;
            }
        }
        if (bValid)
        {
//          GET_TEAM((TeamTypes)iNewTeam).init((TeamTypes)iNewTeam);
            GET_TEAM((TeamTypes)iTempTeam).init((TeamTypes)iTempTeam);
            for (int iJ = 0; iJ < MAX_TEAMS; iJ++)
            {
                if (GET_TEAM((TeamTypes)iJ).isBarbarian() || GET_TEAM((TeamTypes)iJ).isMinorCiv())
                {
//                  if ((TeamTypes)iNewTeam != iJ)
                    if ((TeamTypes)iTempTeam != iJ)
                    {
                        GET_TEAM((TeamTypes)iNewTeam).setAtWar((TeamTypes)iJ, true);
                    }
                }
            }
        }
//  }
//  GC.getInitCore().setTeam(eNewPlayer, (TeamTypes)iNewTeam);
    GC.getInitCore().setLeader(eNewPlayer, eLeader);
    GC.getInitCore().setCiv(eNewPlayer, eCiv);
    GC.getInitCore().setSlotStatus(eNewPlayer, SS_COMPUTER);
    GC.getInitCore().setColor(eNewPlayer, eColor);
    GET_PLAYER(eNewPlayer).init(eNewPlayer);
    if (iNewTeam != NO_TEAM)
    {
        GET_TEAM((TeamTypes)iNewTeam).addTeam((TeamTypes)iTempTeam);
    }

//  for (int iI = 0; iI < GC.getNumTechInfos(); ++iI)
//  {
//      if (GET_TEAM((TeamTypes)iNewTeam).isHasTech((TechTypes)iI))
//      {
//          GET_PLAYER(eNewPlayer).changeAssets(GC.getTechInfo((TechTypes)iI).getAssetValue());
//          GET_PLAYER(eNewPlayer).changePower(GC.getTechInfo((TechTypes)iI).getPowerValue());
//          GET_PLAYER(eNewPlayer).changeTechScore(getTechScore((TechTypes)iI));
//      }
//  }
}
//FfH: End Add

This is ONLY sample code, and not enough testing.
I'm only amateur at programming.

Thanks!:crazyeye:

Possible irrelevant event where I could have been offered the option of spending espionage points to cause an unavailable effect. Having never played vanilla BTS, I can only assume it is a remnant of original code. Screenshot:

AI completed Samhain, and one of the Frostlings that spawned appeared in the same tile as one of my workers (killing it, of course). It seems like Samhain should carefully check to make sure that it only spawns units in empty tiles. Spawning a unit into a tile with an enemy can cause a crash, right?

I think those spawns get to move right when they appear. So, a frostling spawned right next to your worker, got a turn, and ganked him.

Hello,
I am able to get to the internet lobby when I run BTS in vanilla mode. I have the 3.17 patch, FFH2 y and z patches, and the oss patch. I can see lobby chat, private chat with buddies but the games do not show up.

Any suggestions please would be suggested.

Thanks

This is because we use the chat system in Civfanatics to find people in order to create games. Then we usually use Hamachi to connect IP adresses in order to play the games. There are much fewer ffh games than vanilla bts online at any given time, so it is unlikely you will find one, and even when they are played, we do not use gamespy.

I think those spawns get to move right when they appear. So, a frostling spawned right next to your worker, got a turn, and ganked him.

I don't think so. When enemies make their moves I can see the movement take place. I only had one city, and so was looking right at the area when this occurred. A frostling and a frostling wolf rider appeared and I saw neither move. I suppose it could be possible that the units spawned but were not displayed on the screen until after they moved, but I doubt that.

usually Samhain leaves me with at least on worker death due to Frostling Wolf Riders. Somehow the units spawned under samhain must have some kind of hyperdrive teleportation device for the first turn of existence.

This is because we use the chat system in Civfanatics to find people in order to create games. Then we usually use Hamachi to connect IP adresses in order to play the games. There are much fewer ffh games than vanilla bts online at any given time, so it is unlikely you will find one, and even when they are played, we do not use gamespy.

I have this problem too. Even when I KNOW my friend has set up a FFH game in the lobby, I still cannot see it. This is not a big deal because Hamachi works great. However, it is difficult for new players to find out about Hamachi. Either this problem of the unusable Gamespy lobby should be fixed, or there should be a notice in the main menu recommending Hamachi.

Hey there,

I have a problem in game with the Balseraph.
The taunt ability of the Harlequin makes the game stuck.
The ability works, affects an enemy unit, the unit comes and fights a defender on the tile of the harlequin and dies. After that - its stuck. I can do things on the map, work with other units and so on - but cant end the round.

Savegame is up

Greets

Attachments

• Keelyn n. Chr.-0401.CivBeyondSwordSave
    827.7 KB · Views: 110
@Tascani- I loaded up your save and used the Harlequin a couple tiles up and one to the left with tuant, worked just fine, had everything else idle and hit enter. It took my computer about a minute but then when i clicked the menu deal it went through. What execatly do you do and what is "stuck" (turn doesn't end or takes a long time)

a minor bug:

Minister Koun thinks he's of a different nation:
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0035.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0035.JPG
    256 KB · Views: 462
A screenshot of another case of poor little Hybo spawning where it's impossible for him to found a city in the attachement.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    219.8 KB · Views: 136
I have this problem too. Even when I KNOW my friend has set up a FFH game in the lobby, I still cannot see it. This is not a big deal because Hamachi works great. However, it is difficult for new players to find out about Hamachi. Either this problem of the unusable Gamespy lobby should be fixed, or there should be a notice in the main menu recommending Hamachi.

My friend and I use Gamespy and have had this problem before. You have to remove all of FFH2 and reinstall the main file, most recent patch, and if you want the media files.

From what we can guess, it has something to do with how you update your patches.

Top Bottom