FfH2 Bug Thread

Great. But I'll still use my beelines.

And that bug with the patch, where it refuses to install itself, claiming that main version of FfH is not installed, should be fixed. Unless Kael somehow receives profits from people downloading 7-zip.

The patch installs fine for me and what is 7-zip? :confused:

For some people it installs, for some it doesn't.

7-zip is a program that can open the contents of these patches' exe from inside.

Patch 0.41b (unreleased)
1. Updated Searph model by WarKirby (original version by C.Roland).
2. Converted to BtS patch 3.19.
3. AI will pursue favorite techs (usually religious techs) correctly now, weighting improved and it looks deeper in the tech tree when considering techs).
The AI is getting some much needed improvement. Are there plans to teach the AI to go for certain VC like it does in BTS. It would be nice to see the AI build the Altar of Luonnatar or the Tower of Mastery. How difficult would this be to implement?

The official FfH scenarios arent working for me. When I'm on the screen with the list of scenarios, there is no start button. If I hit escape to close the window, I'm left viewing one Bannor city of a field of flat grass.

Bug:

Leaders with negative flavors for e. g. Science will never research pure science techs even if they have nothing left to research. This prevents most AIs from winning via the Altar of the Luonnatar as they never reach Strength of Will.

Patch "b" is linked in the first post. It will break save games and makes the following changes:

1. Updated Searph model by WarKirby (original version by C.Roland).
2. Converted to BtS patch 3.19.
3. AI will pursue favorite techs (usually religious techs) correctly now, weighting improved and it looks deeper in the tech tree when considering techs).
4. Fixed an issue so Unrestricted Leader game option works.

Leaders with negative flavors for e. g. Science will never research pure science techs even if they have nothing left to research. This prevents most AIs from winning via the Altar of the Luonnatar as they never reach Strength of Will.

Really? All these pure Science techs need a Religion weight too, then. And maybe a Military weight of 1, too.

And the new patch still exits without allowing me to choose the directory. I can 7-zip it, but I don't think that the majority of people new to FfH can, or would even bother to try if they can ("if that mod can't even patch itself properly, it's gonna be buggy as hell".)

And the new patch still exits without allowing me to choose the directory.

Strange...I can install patch B even without FfH2 installed.

I put together a walkthrough for using 7-Zip to extract the files from a patcher, so that should make it easier for a non-technical person to do it if necessary.

Really? All these pure Science techs need a Religion weight too, then. And maybe a Military weight of 1, too.

And the new patch still exits without allowing me to choose the directory. I can 7-zip it, but I don't think that the majority of people new to FfH can, or would even bother to try if they can ("if that mod can't even patch itself properly, it's gonna be buggy as hell".)

I dont understand the 7-zip thing. When I go to install the patch the first popup I see is asking me where I want to install it. Do you not get that prompt?

Strange...I can install patch B even without FfH2 installed.

I put together a walkthrough for using 7-Zip to extract the files from a patcher, so that should make it easier for a non-technical person to do it if necessary.

Its supposed to allow you to go anhead and install it (to the location of your choice) agter warning you that it cant find FfH2 in the expected location. I renamed my FfH2 directory and it works for me.

Its supposed to allow you to go anhead and install it (to the location of your choice) agter warning you that it cant find FfH2 in the expected location. I renamed my FfH2 directory and it works for me.

Yeah, I meant it is strange that I can install the patch without the Mod even installed, but somehow Lone Wolf is getting kicked out of the patcher.

I dont understand the 7-zip thing. When I go to install the patch the first popup I see is asking me where I want to install it. Do you not get that prompt?

Some people (like Emptiness) get the promt. Some people like Ori, me, and some other people are kicked out with the notice that the patch can't find FfH installed. Doesn't matter is the patch is a or b.

Although wait, the patch B installs OK after the notification. So I guess the point is moot and the problem was only with patch a. Sorry for taking the time of everyone involved.

Python Exception.

I also got a gazillion Python Exceptions when I first tried to start a Play - Ereb game. I tried other maps and they didn't do that and then when I re-tried to start an Ereb game it worked.

Edit: Patch B

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    226.6 KB · Views: 109
Top Bottom