1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Emptiness

Emptiness []

2. Emptiness

Emptiness []

3. Lascivious

Lascivious Chieftain

When using the Harlequins' Taunt ability, I sometimes get CTDs.

4. PurpleTurtle

PurpleTurtle Shellshocked

Since the patch AI do not seem to ever start a religion. The result is no matter what religion I go for it winds up spreading to everyone. I wouldn't even mind civs teching a religion inappropriate for their alignment as long as they would tech one at all.

5. Superjebus

Superjebus Chieftain

Alkazan's mirror image does not have the elven promotion, so his mirror does not get double movement in forest.

6. retro V

retro V Prince

Is that not intentional? The Black Mirror creates an illusion of the user, which is given an Illusion racial trait; Elven is another racial trait and you can't have more than one.

7. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

.41a, I don't know if this is a bug or a cosmetic issue but when you go into the 'pedia and look at the Recon line, Beastmasters, Scouts and Goblins are listed twice.

8. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

no, you still need to trade resources even in teams or permanent alliances.

9. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

this is really, really a weak argument. First, by turning on an off the single unit graphic option, units change in numbers very easily. Second, some units have plural and other singular names. Third, being this a fantasy setting, you cannot speak in general since in such settings an archmage is tactically on the same level of many regular soldiers or a few champions, and "strangely" enough, the archmage unit is considered a single person in FFH while champions aren't. There isn't a rule set anywhere nor there can be, so you can't tell to people that they should assume that their archmages units are actually a set number of persons. The game correctly represents people with "units", which is a word that can tactically refer to 1 person as well as to billions of persons.

10. Opferlamm

Opferlamm Prince

a bug/feature with deactivated religions. While I was playing the "Splintered Court" scenario I got two acolytes from huts/dungeons as it was pretty early in the game, I had not taken a closer look on the tech screen and brought them to the Esus holy city and spread the religon, well after some turns I discovered that I didn´t get the religion and looked into the tech screen discovering that these religions techs were disabled. To my surprise I was able to build the holy shrines for these religions as I moved a great prophet into the city.
    So disabling certain religions should not only disable the techs to be researched but also disable the holy shrines and perhaps getting the acolytes from exploring huts/dungeons/graveyards/...

11. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

We are not talking about the graphical representation.

I explained in the thread in lore forum that I do consider Arcane units single people.

12. Annex

Annex Tyranny and Mutation

My Drifa got the withered promotion from an angel of death and I couldnt remove it with a High priest of Winter.

13. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

It's not a bug, it's the immunity to spells. You need Pool of Tears to remove it. In vanilla setting, if dragons become ill, it's really hard to heal. I believe that in FF they are immune to these effects.

14. Annex

Annex Tyranny and Mutation

But Drifa can still be healed using the Priest's heal and Shrine of Sirona. It seems weird that cure disease doesnt work, especially since she isnt immune to wither in the first place.

15. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Cure Disease works through xml only, and the DLL makes sure that magic immune units are not effected by such spells. Heal and Sirona's Touch, on the other hand, use python.

16. Go Boks

Go Boks Prince

I built the Grand Menagerie in a scenario (not the GM scenario) and didn't get the trophy.

I agree that the GM scenario shouldn't give you the trophy, but other scenarios should.

17. Marvin77

Marvin77 Chieftain

As per the title I get a CtD when I end the turn. I have tried:
    1. Enabling HidePythonExceptions = 0. Got no results.
    2. Enabling logging and inspected logs, nothing suspicious found.
    3. Disabling high level graphics effects, sounds, anti-aliasing, etc, no success.
    4. Reloading and replaying a few turns earlier, no change, still got the crash at the end of turn 541.
    5. Replaying the turn in a few different ways. Still got CtD.

Thanks in advance for any help with that. I really would like to finish that game if possible :).

Attached Files:

18. Archon286

Archon286 Chieftain

Hey all, I'm new to FFH2 (tried FFH, but it didn't stick with me, liking FFH2 very much!)

I'm just learning the game, and decided to try the "Flexible Difficulty" option so that i could set the game a little lower, but not be underchallanged if I do well. I normally play on Noble or Prince, so i set it at Warlord for my first game. I was doing fairly well, conquering and having fun, when I noticed I was having a TERRIBLE time with finances. I am at turn 230, and my difficulty level says Deity. The way I understand Flexible difficulty, it is only supposed to move you up one level if you are in the top 3 (I am #2). The Challenge "Increasing Difficulty" is not set.

What is happening here? :confused: Can it be fixed, or do I have to restart without this option set? Thanks for you help. I tried to find another thread about this, and didn't succeed, if it's being discussed already, feel free to just drop a link in.

I have attached my save file if anyone cares to see it.

Attached Files:

19. Kael

Kael Deity

Flexible difficulty increases you 1 difficulty level at a time, but it its limited to a maximum or minimum difficulty level. It can, over time, bring you all the way yup to deity or all the way down to settler.

20. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Great. But I'll still use my beelines.

And that bug with the patch, where it refuses to install itself, claiming that main version of FfH is not installed, should be fixed. Unless Kael somehow receives profits from people downloading 7-zip.