• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

FfH2 Bug Thread

Why on Erebus are you using d?!?

What is the point of posting in a bug thread if you're running an old patch?

It was probably the most recent version when I dloaded the mod. I didn't know the mod updates that often (I'm not a regular to forums). So I didn't know there was no point in posting, point taken, points to you!

Thanks to both of you,
Stefan.

Not really a bug, but shouldn't it be kind of impossible for Basium to end up the vassal of Hyborem? Rather funny, really, but still...

Also, non-demon workers still get the enraged promo and mostly just go and hide in my cities when the AC hits 90 and the Avatar of Wrath appears. Is this intended?

Minor note: I'm on the latest patch and I recently got an event requiring espionage points (about sabotaging improvements). Might have to be fixed, but two of the options still work so it isnt to bad.

Also, this might be nothing, but after having defeated (and enslaved!) acheron, I keep on getting newsflashes that a dragon wants to set up shop in a barb city. No second red dragon for the moment, but if this is a bug, I thought you guys might like to know.

Have posted multiple of our saved games here from multiplayer, basically the issue has not changed, usually between turn 130 and 200 it goes OOS. Once it does any reload of the game does the same within 2 turns, if we roll back sometimes it will let us go past only to desync again a few turns later on.

Our longest games are when we turn off almost everything, debug mode, no bas or hyb, no acheron. Even then though it still eventually happens.

Sometimes it is just one player OOS sometimes it is all players. Games ranging from 4 total civs (2 players) to 12 total civs (6 players).

Attachments

• EviLive AD-0151desync2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    323.4 KB · Views: 57
  • AutoSave_AD-0128.CivBeyondSwordSave
    255.5 KB · Views: 64
Also have some of our larger ones around to, but different host will try to get them up.

Game CTD's on end of turn when you research mining. This is a high to low game, and researching mining will get you the highest score, so there's probably some bug in that code (or maybe it's just my computer :confused:).

Attachments

• crash.CivBeyondSwordSave
    438 KB · Views: 72
I got the event where a man has killed several guards with his knife. I chose to receive an enraged swordman with 10 xp points, but it did not get the 10 xp points.

0.41j goblin dump without having any adept. It was still possible to send an adept proficient in nature magic. I was playing Ljosefar, so I had nature mana from the palace

It was because you have nature mana. The event is mana dependent not adept dependent even though it says it is. Same for other events in the game like the meteor event, you have to have enchantment mana to get the best option.

Has hidden been changed recently?

In my latest game my shadows are XP machines as they are constantly hidden - I thought that promotion was removed once an attack was made? I do have Nox Noctis, but this is operating in foreign borders. One Shadow with mobility 2, blitz, Aerons thingamajig and the captured Netherblade in particular can decimate a city defences on his own - and that's before I even have to declare war!

This is using patch j, with the Hannah

Hidden, Invisible, and Shadows haven't changed. Shadows are special, in that their invisibility doesn't go away after they attack. Opponents must use Hawks, Perfect Sight, or Revelation in order to be able to see them. The new AI is much better about this, in that it can and will use Revelation on enemy Shadows, but of course Revelation is only available with Empyrean. Against AIs not following Empyrean, Shadows are brutal right now, because the AI produces so many units and keeps most of them outside of its cities.

It is my first time doing ashen veil and I'm not sure of it's a bug but I figured it has to be because my cities are dying faster than my opponents even though I have sacrifice the weak and others don't. Once blight hit I suddenly had ~60 sick people in some cities. All my population quickly dropped faster than other civs. I think it was a bug coming from swapping civics and coming off a golden age at around the time of blight hitting.

http://yfrog.com/61civ4screenshot0003j

This save game, when clicking end turn, nothing happens (computer keeps thinking). All the previous turns were ok (like not really slow or something).

Same symptom, with patch J. Windows 7.

Darrell

Attachments

• infinite_loop.CivBeyondSwordSave
    96.6 KB · Views: 68
Not really a bug, but I find it extremely annoying that Unyielding Order only stops rebellions in progress when it is first cast and does nothing to stop those that begin while the spell is still in effect. To make matters worse, the spell cannot be cast while the building is still in the city, so you are forced to move the caster (possibly into harm's way) for a turn.

Could I convince you to rectify this my adding these 3 lines of code under def onCityDoTurn(self, argsList)?
Code:
		if pCity.getNumRealBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_UNYIELDING_ORDER')) > 0:
			pCity.setOccupationTimer(0)
			pCity.changeHurryAngerTimer(-9)

While I'm at it, I'll also say that the interplay between Temples of the Hand and temporary terrain from the thaw game option is also quite annoying. Would you consider moving the temple terraforming code to def onCityDoTurn(self, argsList) too? Personally I like moving it there, increasing the range to 3 (in case you build the City of a Thousand Slums), and making using setTempTerrainType instead of setTerrainType so that lands conquered by the Illians are not permanently ruined but will recover after, say, about 40 turns.

Same symptom, with patch J. Windows 7.

Darrell

Attached is a fixed version of the game.

The crash is being caused by a barbarian elephant outside of Fjirgard. It can be fixed either by removing the hidden nationality promotion on the elephant or deleting the unit. (I deleted the unit).

Like the 'old' Svartalfar bug I used to report, hidden nationality may still be a problem.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Attachments

• Darrell AD-0075.CivBeyondSwordSave
    96.6 KB · Views: 69
It is my first time doing ashen veil and I'm not sure of it's a bug but I figured it has to be because my cities are dying faster than my opponents even though I have sacrifice the weak and others don't. Once blight hit I suddenly had ~60 sick people in some cities. All my population quickly dropped faster than other civs. I think it was a bug coming from swapping civics and coming off a golden age at around the time of blight hitting.

http://yfrog.com/61civ4screenshot0003j

What version are you using? A bad blight bug was patched a few versions ago.

Best wishes,

Breunor

I get a not 100% reproducable CTD in the Momus scenario.

Just hit enter a few times and wait till Cevedes culture flips to the Infernals. This crashes the game for me.

I also get various CTD when I try to start sceanarios (like Against the Wall). I'm using the FfH scenario start from the main menu.

Attachments

• CTD.CivBeyondSwordSave
    175.4 KB · Views: 60
I get a not 100% reproducable CTD in the Momus scenario.

Just hit enter a few times and wait till Cevedes culture flips to the Infernals. This crashes the game for me.

I also get various CTD when I try to start sceanarios (like Against the Wall). I'm using the FfH scenario start from the main menu.

Hm, tried the save and no CTD for me. I get the scenario starting ones a lot though, Splintered Court takes around 6-8 tries to load and Against the Wall has never loaded for me. Menagerie, Momus and Gift of Kylorin all work fine, haven't tried others yet.

On an unrelated note scenario AI seems pretty screwed up for me. Their main concern seems to be producing warriors and almost nothing else. I have Splintered Court and Return of Winter files showing this (team mates). I also noticed this in The Momus with enemies having stacks of ~30-40 warriors and just the occasional archer, swordsman or horseman. AI seems perfectly fine in custom games.

Attachments

• AuricCamp.CivBeyondSwordSave
    154.4 KB · Views: 50
  • SplintCourtScen.CivBeyondSwordSave
    115.2 KB · Views: 55
Top Bottom