FfH2 Bug Thread

Patch j, getting a repeatable crash at the end of the turn, just hit "Enter" and wait. It'll take a few minutes, because it's late in the game (Turn 608) on a Huge map with 17 civs (started with 19).

The crash will happen after you hear the sounds of spellcasting, I think some kind of a summon, so might be related to the Tiger bug, I don't know.

My friend had a game almost the same (huge map, turn 637) we assumed it was the tiger bug but it was patch g (which we play for the boats) and so didn't post it.

I have a Flesh Golem that will not level up (see thumbnail). Is it possible that the problem is related to the promotions? It does have a TXT_KEY in the mouseover.

Attachments

• 1-17-2010 11-04-19 AM.jpg
    1-17-2010 11-04-19 AM.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 99
I like the new double-A post. Art and AI ^_^

I'm actually playing Orbis, but I think it's base FFH thing. In rare cases when you're using pre-generated map with set Unique Improvements but random resources, UI that are providing resources are not providing them. It seems they are moved when resources are randomized.

hey i've been trying to get this mod working for quite a while now. if anyone could help me that would be greatly appreciated...i'm running windows 7 on a mac dual boot, 10.5. I've had success with other mods up to this point. the problem is the message mentioned on kael's first post in the thread...i get an error message saying "GFC error: failed to initialaize the primary control theme" after trying to load the mod. I realized that the game was installed in a section where none of the original mods of the core game were included. so, i moved the mod to the section (albeit different from where it was instructed to install) where the mods such as FFh and Rhye's and Fall were located. however i am still receiving the same error message. i am running beyond the sword fully updated. one other concern is that the mod is being listed as Fall From Heaven 2 012 in the mod section of BtS.

thanks in advance!

From the first thread:

System Issues:
1. "GFC error: failed to initialaize the primary control theme" error loading the mod. You will recieve this error if FfH isn't installed in the correct location (under Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods). If you don't have Civ4 installed to that location just make sure the FfH is installed in the same directory as Final Frontier, Age of Ice and the other mods that came with BtS. Also make sure you have installed the full mod and not just the patch.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Okey i will show you now my problem.

I'm playing evil Elvens and as you know they have a couple of troops that have hidden nationality + world spell. AI neighbour keeps attacking my hidden nationality troops and starts a problem.
After a fight of AI units and my game gets stucked if all of my Hidden nationality units didn't die. AI just keep thinking for hours and i cant move to another turn. That's wierd! :cry:

Breathe -I suggest you post a save game for debugging. It may be another issue. AI freeze can be difficult to track down without the save.

Sidenote: I cannot wait for my crazy wish to come true: switching back to no state religion as the Kurios! Go patch K!

When I get to turn AD 160, the current tech being researched transfrorms to "1 turn" to completions (even if it really should have more than 1 turn to go). AT that point, adjusting the tech slider has no effect on research or gold income. It will stay that way indefinitely. I am running windows 7, FFH2 0.41, and patch "j". Any advice?

When I get to turn AD 160, the current tech being researched transfrorms to "1 turn" to completions (even if it really should have more than 1 turn to go). AT that point, adjusting the tech slider has no effect on research or gold income. It will stay that way indefinitely. I am running windows 7, FFH2 0.41, and patch "j". Any advice?

The Illians probably cast their world spell, Stasis, which disables all other players' research and production for 20 turns on Normal speed, fewer turns or more turns depending on game speed. There should be red text on the right-hand side of your screen saying something like "research disabled for 20 turns" and "production disabled for 20 turns."

when the avatar of wrath enters the game
the turn wont pass
its waiting for the AI to play indefinitly.

is there a way to fix this?

We have had several games crash (actually WoC) after the avatar of wrath appears; some where I suspect that the WoC is caused by the Avatar. Unfortunately, I don't know if people have gotten the Avatar of Wrath without crashing, so it is hard to say if it is fixable. I can't fix it (although I haven't tried your save yet).

Best wishes,

Breunor

We have had several games crash (actually WoC) after the avatar of wrath appears; some where I suspect that the WoC is caused by the Avatar. Unfortunately, I don't know if people have gotten the Avatar of Wrath without crashing, so it is hard to say if it is fixable. I can't fix it (although I haven't tried your save yet).

Best wishes,

Breunor

well thanks
i should be studying anyway

Top Bottom