FfH2 Bug Thread

The "Readme 041.rtf" file is not updated to indicate version 0.41o when Patch O is installed.

So are the OOS issues introduced by patch H still present in patch O? Because to play FFH on multiplayer with my brother we still need to use a version from before "Sephi's patch" (Meaning patch G), everything after that eventually throws in an OOS at the beginning of a turn.

In the meantime, if someone has OOS issues, just try returning to patch G. Of course you need to reinstall an older version from before that patch and there's no direct link around here for an older version of FFH, but I could find it from FileFront at least.

Not sure whether this is a bug or an intended feature but after grafting Baron Duin to a Flesh Golem, the Golem did gain his promotions including werewolf, but his succesful attacks do not create ravenous werevolves.

Here I was hoping my supergolem (20 str, +200% str, a ton of other promos incl 5 moves + blitz) would create a wake of werewolflings in his wake but to no avail :lol:

Certainly not a big issue but an issue nonetheless?

When I try to launch the mod I get a "GFC Error: failed to initialize the primary control theme". I click the "x" and it moved on to "Init fonts (15.89s). What do I do? I have the complete edition from steam and the latest patch.

When I try to launch the mod I get a "GFC Error: failed to initialize the primary control theme". I click the "x" and it moved on to "Init fonts (15.89s). What do I do? I have the complete edition from steam and the latest patch.

Soudns like you have installed the latest FfH2 patch, but not the FfH2 mod. Install the mod first, then reinstall the patch.

Soudns like you have installed the latest FfH2 patch, but not the FfH2 mod. Install the mod first, then reinstall the patch.

I got the mod from the first page of this thread. Then got the error, reinstalled the mod got the error agian. Then I installed the patch and got the error agian.

I got the mod from the first page of this thread. Then got the error, reinstalled the mod got the error agian. Then I installed the patch and got the error agian.

Take a screenshot of your "<civ4 install directory>\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\" directory and post it and I will try to check out what went wrong.

When a forested tile is on fire, workers can build on them. When the fire is extinguished, the tile has the burnt forest and the improvement.

When a forested tile is on fire, workers can build on them. When the fire is extinguished, the tile has the burnt forest and the improvement.

Hmmm, do you happen to remember if the workers were in the tile before the fire started? I'm wondering if the fire keeps units out of the square, as opposed to keeping them from working the square.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Hmmm, do you happen to remember if the workers were in the tile before the fire started? I'm wondering if the fire keeps units out of the square, as opposed to keeping them from working the square.

Best wishes,

Breunor

I've used this exploit occasionally. If your workers are orcish or demons, their race gives them enough fire resistance to move into burning squares, while lesser humans and the like cannot.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Yes, they were

Yes, they were

Well, that doesn't surprise me. It means the code prevents units from moving in (except for demons and fire resistant units as Clearbeard pointed out) but doesn't stop the tile from being worked if the unit is already there.

That is probably technically a bug although it clearly isn't a big one.

Best wishes,

Breunor

For my friend MC. Patch "o" is linked in the first post (and here). It fixes the following issues and will break save games:

Argh ;)

Kael, you usually write "will break save games" next to recent patches on the bug thread, so we know if we can upgrade and still continue multiplayer games. We fell into your devious trap this time :D
I'm sure a lot of people would be glad if you wrote your usual comment for patch O - especially as there might not be other patches coming.

By the way - is there a place where I can download patch n?? :lol:

Argh ;)

Kael, you usually write "will break save games" next to recent patches on the bug thread, so we know if we can upgrade and still continue multiplayer games. We fell into your devious trap this time :D
I'm sure a lot of people would be glad if you wrote your usual comment for patch O - especially as there might not be other patches coming.

By the way - is there a place where I can download patch n?? :lol:

Sorry about that. I updated to show that it breaks save games and added a link to all the patches to the first post.

Ah I think I did remember why I am still at 40.s here. I wasnt interested to or couldnt update to civ .19 at that time, somehow it hasnt really changed... ;)

Sorry about that. I updated to show that it breaks save games and added a link to all the patches to the first post.

Thanks a lot, Kael - that will help keep FFH alive for all eternity :)

Hey - was there a place where we can follow your development of your Fall From Heaven standalone game endeavours?

On a complete side note:
I must admit I'm impressed how you handle both actual development and near-single-man support of the community. If only you were Danish, I would track you down and hire you on the spot! :goodjob:

Thanks a lot, Kael - that will help keep FFH alive for all eternity :)

Hey - was there a place where we can follow your development of your Fall From Heaven standalone game endeavours?

On a complete side note:
I must admit I'm impressed how you handle both actual development and near-single-man support of the community. If only you were Danish, I would track you down and hire you on the spot! :goodjob:

Thanks for the kind words. I will plaster news about the next FfH everywhere when I'm able to release details.

ps there are a ton of talented folks submitting issues and fixes for FfH, it's not a single-man job. I'm just appreciative of all their time, effort and help everyone has given.

Thanks for the kind words. I will plaster news about the next FfH everywhere when I'm able to release details.

ps there are a ton of talented folks submitting issues and fixes for FfH, it's not a single-man job. I'm just appreciative of all their time, effort and help everyone has given.

:thumbsup:

New bug issue or I can't find the given feature, but I haven't seen anyone mentioning this issue either so it could be an install glitch or corruption.

I have patch O and the game works fine, except that killing Sons of Asena is causing AoE fire damage like that of a pyre zombie. Looking them up in the pedia and looking at the promotions they have, nothing says that they explode.

So why are Sons of Asena exploding on death? very confusing and troublesome...

Let me know if you need anything
I don't know if this kind of thing would transfer as it could be a mis-install, but I've attached the latest save. (stack containing some "SoA" sitting next to my own stack)
Thanks!

Attachments

• SilentDragon AD-0213.CivBeyondSwordSave
    299.3 KB · Views: 47
It's apparently not a problem with your installation. I just created a new game and used worldbuilder to add in some units for testing purposes, and the Sons of Asena explode for me as well.

Top Bottom