FFH2: The Grinning Jester

I'd recommend patch d also, as long there is no savegame breaking patch we all should get the latest ones...

Reverend, can you start a new game on patch d?

Here it is:
Perp of the Balseraphs
Emperor Diff
Large Big and Small
Agg AI, Living World on
The start is a doozy. I'll wait for team discussion until I settle and play.
I suggest going 1E to get the fish or, if we feel like gambling, heading to the north-east or south-west where there appears to be more land. Remember, it is two techs to workboats.

Attachments

• The Grinning Jester- 01.CivBeyondSwordSave
    63.9 KB · Views: 94
  • Civ4ScreenShot0041.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0041.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 286
1E gets my vote. Powerhouse once we've got Fishing. In fact it would be good to go this path - OO is just so in theme with the Madman :) .

I couldn't open the starting save Oats posted, and I'm running version 0.32d. Game crashes with the error "failure to uncompress data", is everyone else able to open the save?

:confused: Rex or Stuge, could one of you guys try it?

CTDs all around.

So, lets try this one more time, third time's the charm.

Is the setup I used in the first start okay? Agg AI on or off? Do we want a crowded map or room to expand?

I guess it's appropriate that a game based around a jester keeps giving us false starts :p

I usually run pangaea/fractal to have more AIs to interact with.

I like AG Ai because troops are more important in FFH.

Okay, I went with the same settings as the first time around.

So, the computer suggests settling on the plains hill. (I already moved the settler there.) Or should we go south after the gold? If we settle on the hill, I'd research AH before exploration+fishing.

Algeroth-welcome.

That gold is also near a river, I'd move there 100% of the time. FFH opening game is all about Agriculture + grassland/FP farms, fishing does not compare.

We'd lose only one turn from moving on the desert tile, and settling there looks like it'd give us a strong commerce capital. The gold and some grassland cottages would give us a nice advantage in the early stages, the suggested spot where the Settler stands now would be a strong second city. I'd vote for moving as well.

Imhotep

Top Bottom