1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FFH2: The Grinning Jester

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by stuge, May 26, 2008.

1. uberfish

uberfish Immortal

Well we should settle on the river for +2 health.

2. ·Imhotep·

·Imhotep· Legendary Builder

Just a quick heads-up on the Insane Trait: Started a game as Perpentach yesterday - the trait works like a charm, I had 5 trait changes in 400 turns so far.

Imhotep

3. stuge

stuge Chieftain

That's where Jubilee was finally settled. Getting the gold online is always a good priority, mining ETA 11 turns.

Builds were scout (growing to size three)-> worker-> warrior-> warrior (just started).

Our explorers brought back something nice.

88 gold to boot.

The explorers themselves weren't so lucky. The starting warrior got mobbed to death by a bunch of irate villagers, one of the scouts is something sticky on the sole of a hill giant's boot and the other is being sucked dry by a giant spider.

Perpy would surely write an ode to them, but he's too busy having headaches. The poor confused thing went from creative/charismatic/arcane to organized/charismatic/raiders via financial/charismatic/philosophical in forty turns.

We've met only one other civ (Luchuirp) so far and there's lots of empty land around us, so we'll up to our arse in barbs before too long. Some nice city sites around, though.

A randomized roster

stuge - high on painkillers
    Algeroth - UP for a fast start
    Rex - on deck
    Imhotep
    Reverend
    uberfish

Attached Files:

4. Marksman77

Marksman77 Aethernaut

I'll be definitely following this one, the Old Jester being one of my favourite leaders. Thumbs up for you guys!

5. reverend oats

reverend oats Chieftain

I think we should rob the graveyard near our capital as soon as we have a 2 warrior garrison. The benefits outweigh the risks, imo.

6. uberfish

uberfish Immortal

Very nice hut haul there. Is this epic speed? I'm not used to mining taking 50 turns, lol

7. Algeroth

Algeroth 8 and 1/2

Got it. I will play it tomorrow.

8. stuge

stuge Chieftain

Normal speed, perhaps the tech costs were upped for this version?

9. Algeroth

Algeroth 8 and 1/2

40- Inherited turn, pressed enter.

41-Our traits changed from Org/Cha/Rai to...(whirling drums)...Org/Cha/Rai!
    That's what I call change in Perpentach style. He's confusing others by staying normal.

Also Bow constellation come into prominence, if it does something

49-Mining finished, started researching mysticism. It will bring us one step closer to religion, and god king+Elder council are worth the breakers.

And Eye of Heaven comes into prominence for second time. This is my first game on 0.32, so is every game plagued by this events?

50-I moved two warriors from our capital to graveyard and now, one of them is looting this place and....(whirling drums)...

we find jewelery worth of 79 gold. Not bad i suppose, but i would appreciate free tech much more.

54-This giant looks like he eated some Lurchip scouts. If Beari doesn't stop feeding him, it could grow wery fat and dangerous.

57-Our people found rare edible mushrooms, but unfortunately outside the BFC.

57- So, somewhere west from us across the ocean are Dovielo. I get message that Lucian died, but I don't have any screenshot.

58-Our scout in the south forest meets Faeryl's scouts.

And look at the promotions!

61/62-Our scout finds barbarian warrior. Although the warrior is unpromoted and our scout is on forested hill, the chances are rather grim....(this time without drums, Prep is fed up with them and he sand all drummers to our gold mine)...and yes, we lose.

63-Mysticism finished and I switch to god king immediately. Even with anarchy, ETa of setler is -2. Started AH

Nothing happens. Even Constalations events.

75-the settler is finished, and i switch to elder council (3 turns) but if the next player needs another warrior(1) he should switch it, because firs barbarians comes from the mist. We have four warriors in our capitol, and the enemies are two goblins- One on west, the second on south. AH will be finished next turn.

I've played only 35 tuns, but now we have to decide what to research and where settle.

Edit: Now with pictures.

Our land:

The West Coast:

Southern Forest:

Lands on North:

Eastern desert:

Attached Files:

10. reverend oats

reverend oats Chieftain

My suggestion would be some an early game hammer site on the marble. It would have corn, wine, some riverside grassland, and 4 hills.

11. stuge

stuge Chieftain

Why not 1N of the marble? Coastal access and keeps the hills.

12. ·Imhotep·

We should make sure to get control of the Pyre of the Seraphic to our southeast ASAP. Not so much for the free mana but more for our safety - IF the event comes up (and it certainly WILL) with the GA as price for razing it I would rather have it under protection. Those Fire Elementals have killed more than one civ in recent games...

Imhotep

13. uberfish

uberfish Immortal

I think we should claim that copper now. Faeryl is a backstabber and Beeri is of opposite alignment. We would also gain the pool of tears which is very useful for removing certain negative effects when we use Mutation.

Of course it would be totally appropriate for this game if players went off and did whatever they felt like and generally behaved chaotically. ;)

14. reverend oats

reverend oats Chieftain

Hmm, I hadn't seen the copper. Are there any resources south of it? And Uberfish is right about the Pool. It was really useful in my Bals game.

15. ·Imhotep·

Guys, the non savegame breaking patch e is out. The fixes seem quite essential for gameplay - shall we patch up ?

Imhotep

16. reverend oats

reverend oats Chieftain

I vote yay.

17. stuge

stuge Chieftain

If it doesn't break the saves, any patch is good.

Rex rgis of Ter is up, but Imhotep should pick up the game if we don't hear from him soon.

18. Rex rgis of Ter

Rex rgis of Ter Me I'm a Creator

Sorry I can't get it. I've been hospitalized and I can't get to a computer for a couple of days. If you can keep me off the roster for a week I'd appreciate it.

19. reverend oats

reverend oats Chieftain

Yikes, I hope it's not too serious.

20. stuge

stuge Chieftain

OK, hope you get better soon. :cheers:

Immy's up.