FFH2: The Grinning Jester

Just a quick heads-up on the Insane Trait: Started a game as Perpentach yesterday - the trait works like a charm, I had 5 trait changes in 400 turns so far.

Imhotep

That's where Jubilee was finally settled. Getting the gold online is always a good priority, mining ETA 11 turns.

Builds were scout (growing to size three)-> worker-> warrior-> warrior (just started).

Our explorers brought back something nice.

88 gold to boot.

The explorers themselves weren't so lucky. The starting warrior got mobbed to death by a bunch of irate villagers, one of the scouts is something sticky on the sole of a hill giant's boot and the other is being sucked dry by a giant spider.

Perpy would surely write an ode to them, but he's too busy having headaches. The poor confused thing went from creative/charismatic/arcane to organized/charismatic/raiders via financial/charismatic/philosophical in forty turns.

We've met only one other civ (Luchuirp) so far and there's lots of empty land around us, so we'll up to our arse in barbs before too long. Some nice city sites around, though.

A randomized roster

stuge - high on painkillers
Algeroth - UP for a fast start
Rex - on deck
Imhotep
Reverend
uberfish

Attachments

• The Grinning Jester AD-0040.CivBeyondSwordSave
    136.2 KB · Views: 142
I think we should rob the graveyard near our capital as soon as we have a 2 warrior garrison. The benefits outweigh the risks, imo.

Normal speed, perhaps the tech costs were upped for this version?

40- Inherited turn, pressed enter.

41-Our traits changed from Org/Cha/Rai to...(whirling drums)...Org/Cha/Rai!
That's what I call change in Perpentach style. He's confusing others by staying normal.

Also Bow constellation come into prominence, if it does something

49-Mining finished, started researching mysticism. It will bring us one step closer to religion, and god king+Elder council are worth the breakers.

And Eye of Heaven comes into prominence for second time. This is my first game on 0.32, so is every game plagued by this events?

50-I moved two warriors from our capital to graveyard and now, one of them is looting this place and....(whirling drums)...

we find jewelery worth of 79 gold. Not bad i suppose, but i would appreciate free tech much more.

54-This giant looks like he eated some Lurchip scouts. If Beari doesn't stop feeding him, it could grow wery fat and dangerous.

57-Our people found rare edible mushrooms, but unfortunately outside the BFC.

57- So, somewhere west from us across the ocean are Dovielo. I get message that Lucian died, but I don't have any screenshot.

58-Our scout in the south forest meets Faeryl's scouts.

And look at the promotions!

61/62-Our scout finds barbarian warrior. Although the warrior is unpromoted and our scout is on forested hill, the chances are rather grim....(this time without drums, Prep is fed up with them and he sand all drummers to our gold mine)...and yes, we lose.

63-Mysticism finished and I switch to god king immediately. Even with anarchy, ETa of setler is -2. Started AH

Nothing happens. Even Constalations events.

75-the settler is finished, and i switch to elder council (3 turns) but if the next player needs another warrior(1) he should switch it, because firs barbarians comes from the mist. We have four warriors in our capitol, and the enemies are two goblins- One on west, the second on south. AH will be finished next turn.

I've played only 35 tuns, but now we have to decide what to research and where settle.

Edit: Now with pictures.

Our land:

The West Coast:

Southern Forest:

Lands on North:

Eastern desert:

Attachments

• The Grinning Jester AD-0075.CivBeyondSwordSave
    168.4 KB · Views: 128
My suggestion would be some an early game hammer site on the marble. It would have corn, wine, some riverside grassland, and 4 hills.

Why not 1N of the marble? Coastal access and keeps the hills.

We should make sure to get control of the Pyre of the Seraphic to our southeast ASAP. Not so much for the free mana but more for our safety - IF the event comes up (and it certainly WILL) with the GA as price for razing it I would rather have it under protection. Those Fire Elementals have killed more than one civ in recent games...

Imhotep

I think we should claim that copper now. Faeryl is a backstabber and Beeri is of opposite alignment. We would also gain the pool of tears which is very useful for removing certain negative effects when we use Mutation.

Of course it would be totally appropriate for this game if players went off and did whatever they felt like and generally behaved chaotically. ;)

Hmm, I hadn't seen the copper. Are there any resources south of it? And Uberfish is right about the Pool. It was really useful in my Bals game.

Guys, the non savegame breaking patch e is out. The fixes seem quite essential for gameplay - shall we patch up ?

Imhotep

If it doesn't break the saves, any patch is good.

Rex rgis of Ter is up, but Imhotep should pick up the game if we don't hear from him soon.

OK, hope you get better soon. :cheers:

Immy's up.

Top Bottom