1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FFH2: The Grinning Jester

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by stuge, May 26, 2008.

1. uberfish

uberfish Immortal

Ok, I patched, hope it works.

2. ·Imhotep·

·Imhotep· Legendary Builder

3. ·Imhotep·

Oh Jubilee, your riverside sweeps
    to the West, but my eye still keeps
    the view of the lands I saw south
    when I dreamt of the Great Sea's roaring mouth.

To the South, to the South, I hear
    the gull's sad wailing, but no fear
    if it be really true in old lore
    we'll find there some precious ore.

Oh Coombe View, mighty upon the shore
    truth is ever found in old lore
    ever the waves are coming and falling
    I hear the Great Sea unceasingly calling.

And I dreamt on, sweet forgetful sleep
    but out of the darkness creatures creep
    and as I waked they walked among the living
    bless Ceridwen for that noble giving.

Two and two makes - what's the score ?
    Some say three, and some say four
    books of lore are sure a thing
    to keep all fools lined on a string.

Grasping desire
    cuts like wire
    a fire of wide girth
    living hell on earth.

Mounting greed
    such a need
    burning desire
    leads to the Pyre.

Weak, yet always strong
    a single note and yet a full song
    Not young, but never old
    yet my own, but always sold
    a single mind yet a great mass
    not learned but of a brillant class
    farewell, it's time to finally grant
    the clown a pause before the show's end...

4. ·Imhotep·

OOC stuff:

I patched to 0.32e, no problems there. I went for Education after AH as we'll need cottages and City States rather sooner then later. After Education I selected BW, but there is only 1 turn invested. We might as well go for Fishing and OO. And we have another interesting choice: The Prophet will bulb Way of the Earthmother which would found RoK. I have made good experiences with RoK for boosting the early game and then switching to another religion mid-game. I'd be up for it, although saving the Prophet for a Shrine might be wise too.

Here are some dot-maps for discussion:

Red dot grabs Rice and pigs and will be a good production city (remember we can cast Spring on those desert tiles), green dot grabs Crabs, Deer, Cotton and Mushrooms and would be a very nice commerce location.

Blue dot nets Horses, Cow and Fish and is another good versatile site that could be a hybrid commerce/production city. Tourquise gets Marble and Corn and has some production also.

Purple dot is still somewhat unclear as there is some land to reveal yet, but it would get 4 dyes and banana. Obviously there is great commerce city potential down there as there is lots of grassland.

A Settler will be ready in 8 turns, the garrison is ready at Jubilee. After that we should concentrate on some workers and improve our stuff. Oh, and we should get Loki for some scouting and harassment of nearby AI.

Imhotep

5. Algeroth

Algeroth 8 and 1/2

That's a very...rimed report indeed.

RoK is a very useful religion for start and midgame, but it's soo ooc. IIRC Message from Deep have much higher weight for prophets than Ways of Earthmother, so we could found OO right after we finish fishing.

I don't like switching to RoK for another reason - it will switch the poor innocent Blasperaphs to neutral. This would enable the famous blasperahs druids, teh unit people on this forum allwas speaks about (I've never build them to be honest), but it will deny us the oportunity to get GP for lousy 50 gold. The Black candle is in game, and it's not unreasonable to assume that it will hit us many times. We should have at least 50 gold ready in treasure for this event and we could not only foud a OO a then build necronomicon, we (I we run a priest in capitol to get one GP normal way) could also found a RoK after that and use it's biggest benefit - it's temples - without switching.

Cities: If we build the green city 1NE of the deer, we would lose one seafood but we would gain wheat and the city would stay coastial. And looking to the number of coastial cities, shouldn't we try the GL?

6. reverend oats

reverend oats Chieftain

I would like a chance to play with the famed Bal Druids, but if the team doesn't want to switch to neutral, that's fine.

7. stuge

stuge Chieftain

OO would be far more appropriate, what's so special about Balseraph druids anyway?

The report was splendid, the dotmaps look good, but I'd still build corn/marble next to the river.

8. uberfish

uberfish Immortal

1) cool report Imhotep!

2) you can promote Balseraph harlequins to druids giving the druids the ability to cast Mind and Chaos spells

3) you can convert an evil civ to neutral alignment by switching to RoK and will stay neutral if you change to OO afterwards

9. Marksman77

Marksman77 Aethernaut

Stupid question from a spectator: how did you make the "giant spider" sign?

And if i may make a suggestion: Loki makes for a great explorer in the early game, being practically impossible to kill he doesn't fear those spiders and giants. Also he can flip an enemy city (with low culture) without you going to war :)

10. reverend oats

reverend oats Chieftain

Press "Alt+S" and click on a tile.

11. stuge

stuge Chieftain

Reverend, heads up, you're up.

12. reverend oats

reverend oats Chieftain

oh, thanks. Got it.

13. reverend oats

reverend oats Chieftain

Here's set
    T-0 Bulb RoK. I see no doneside and we get the gold bonus and temples even if it's not our SR. It is founded in Coombe View. I also build a worker in Jubilee instead of a settler because we only have one worker for three cities. Finally, I switch research to festivals, as markets are very useful and also it's in character.
    T-1 Send small scouting party of 2 warriors north to see if they could take out the ruins up there.
    T-2 Random event. I choose the +1 beaker for our EC in Jublilee
    T-3 :sleep:
    IT One of our scouting party kills a goblin
    T-4 Our goblin slayers stops to heal, worker is completed in J and settler production is resumed
    IT- A lizzie kills our non-wounded warrior
    T-6 :coffee:
    IT- Our goblin slayer gets revenge
    T-7 And heads back to our land to heal
    T-8 EC-> worker in Coombe View
    T-9 None
    T- 10 Settler -> Warrior in Jubilee, he heads towards the clam/deer/ 'shrooms site
    IT Our warrior sniffing around the above site kills a lizzie flawlessly
    T-11 Festivals -> BW, Warrior-> worker in Jubilee
    It- The RNG strikes back as a lizzie kills our now combat 1 guerilla 1 warrior without taking damage :mad:
    T-12 Shuffle another couple of warriors to deal with the lizzardman threat
    T-13 2 warriors and a settler set out
    It- The now combat 3 lizzie kills one guard...
    T-14 But the other heroicly avenges his comrade
    T-15 Worker-> market in Coombe View
    T-16 Warrior-> Temple of Kilmorph in Jubilee
    T-17 Found Argenteria at the deer site, a good stopping point

Notes- We need to get a small party of warriors or freaks to destroy the ruins in the north, probably after bw comes in. I also think we should get Loki built in order to do some risk-free scouting and find out where our enemies are.

Attached Files:

14. Rex rgis of Ter

Rex rgis of Ter Me I'm a Creator

Good News, I got out early, and I'm in bed rest. When I say bed rest, I mean computer desk rest.;) I'm back!

15. rumbold

rumbold Chieftain

Lurker:

Fun start - going to lurk on this one, just like every FFH SG. They're very fun to follow. Thanks for the game.

Also wanted to say welcome back Rex.

16. uberfish

uberfish Immortal

Loki sucks because mutation is useless so we decided to wait until after the temple was completed in the capital to train him.

Immediately after that we got this event so decided to change civ to the Luchuirp since they are a much better civ. We should change the name of this thread too.

Then a lot of barbarians showed up near Paris and our 2 warriors there killed them all before they could pillage anything.

We finished researching Slapstick and started on Hitting People Over The Head With A Fish. Our capital was then razed by fire elementals because Loki's spells didn't help.

A warrior went to check out what was in the north and get the sign replaced.

We then conquered this city with 1 scout, should probably cancel the arena. Since we don't have any problems here I will just play another 35 turns.

Completely irrelevant information, I don't know where this came from.

I actually ended up playing 150 turns. Obviously I wouldn't do such a thing as pass the turn over in anarchy.

Attached Files:

17. sylvanllewelyn

sylvanllewelyn Perma-newb

Another great FFH2 SG. But wtf mate, you found RoK with what civ?

18. ·Imhotep·

And I thought it would be clear the Pyre of Seraphic should have been protected at all cost ;) . Well, no blame - I'm sure you did your best :) .

19. reverend oats

reverend oats Chieftain

Ouch. Why does the wrath of Bhall fall upon us despite the fact that barbarians pillaged it?! :rolleyes:

20. uberfish

uberfish Immortal

Spoiler :

yeah, most of the text in the report was lies. I got swarmed a few turns in by barbarians at all our cities, couldn't cover both the SE city and the pyre so hoped they'd attack city and not pillage. 2 fire elementals died in the attack on the city and 3 more attempting to take our capital (they attacked cross-river, and I had a warrior mutated to fire resist which must have helped, but it died)

I switched to RoK on the last turn because we needed the happiness point for the capital, feel free to ditch it for some other religion when we get one.