Final Fantasy Mod: Public Beta thread

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
Ok folks, after about 6 hours of uploading time (I hate my internet connection), I've got the main mod files uploaded to Atomic Gamer.

I'm making the BIQ file an attachment to this post, since it will likely be the most often changed part of the mod during beta testing (especially once steph's new editor is fully completed)...

Anyways, post any bugs or other issues here (The civilopedia is not fully complete either, and future BIQ updates will include updated civilopedia.txt files)

Anyways, happy beta-testing!

http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=73952

EDIT: Updated BIQ and pedia text files now available.

Latest bug fixes/tweaks:

1. Increased town and city sizes to 15 and 30, respectively.

2. Made it so that Recycling plants remove pop pollution as well

3. Flagged Dwarf Engineer Squads as "Settle" so the AI will actually use them to build cities for once!

4. Fixed several Unit INI Bugs (Bahamut Zero, Esthar Trooper and Lamia)

5. Added Princess Ashe, Princess Garnet and Princess Ovelia King Units (and associated graphics

6. Added Wyrm's excellent Steampunk Tank (the one based on the German WWI K-Wagen) as the default Steam Tank, and made the old Warhammer Steam Tank the DWARF Steam Tank (Flavor unit) and adjusted all stealth attack rolls to reflect that.

7. The lamely named "Combat Cargo" ship has been re-named "Steam Transport" (thanks to El Justo's Age of Imperialism scenario for the inspiration! ;) )

Enjoy!

FF Mod Beta Update (Includes all previous updates, so don't worry if you haven't got them)

As soon as I get home I am going to give this a shot, especially after seeing the words "this is going directly into the FF Mod" in so many threads across the boards. :)

EDIT: Wow...strangest double-post I have ever seen...it was a CROSS-DOUBLE-POST! Weird...and it took so long to show up, too...Sometimes, I hate the internet...

Glad to hear you guys are looking forward to this... I may have to PM certain other interested parties about this.

BTW, who should I play for my OFFICIAL beta-test story that will be going up in the Stories and Tales sub-forum?

I'm thinking maybe:

AVALANCHE
Shinra Corp
Garden
Galbadia
Esthar
Al Bhed
Lesalia (FF Tactics)
Dalmasca (FF XII)
Dwarves

...Or possibly just putting it on "random" and seeing what I get.

Varlin Starliptor said:
As soon as I get home I am going to give this a shot, especially after seeing the words "this is going directly into the FF Mod" in so many threads across the boards. :)

Trust me, just about everything that I said that about (with some exceptions) DID go directly into the FF mod, including the unit that inspired me to make this mod in the first place! :D

Of those, I would pick Lesalia.

Then again, I think random would be ideal. The hard work went into all civs, not just one.

I have downloaded and am looking into it.

Got a pedia icon error. It says that the pedia icon file for the Shrine is not found.

EDIT: My mistake. It's a Pedia Text entry error, not a missing file.

Cool. I'll be sure to test and give some feedback when my vacation starts. :)
Of those, I would pick Lesalia.

Then again, I think random would be ideal. The hard work went into all civs, not just one.

I have downloaded and am looking into it.

Wow Zarn, I can't remember seeing you here before.

I think I've found the cause of the error. It's actually two errors - the folder path in the Scenario Properties of the BIQ has a space; it's written as "Final Fantasy" when the folder is "FinalFantasy". The second error consists of capitalization errors in the pediaicons text file. :)

I think I've found the cause of the error. It's actually two errors - the folder path in the Scenario Properties of the BIQ has a space; it's written as "Final Fantasy" when the folder is "FinalFantasy". The second error consists of capitalization errors in the pediaicons text file. :)

That's wierd.... I haven't had any of those problems EVER, and I've played as all the different culture groups.

Who were you playing as, OOC?

Maybe it might have something to do with the different language settings of our machines.... I built the mod using English Civ III conquests as the base, but on a Japanese machine (don't ask... it's a long story).

BTW, I've started a game as the Al Bhed on Regicide. No errors, thus far, except that the AmazonArcherLarge.pcx for the archer was 160x160 instead of 128x128.....

I'll be posting my game in Stories and Tales soon.

I'm playing as AVALANCHE. I did a few edits to both files and it works fine now. My computer is a Korean machine, by the way.

Al Bhed, that who I was going to start with, I will avoid your stories until I'm finished the game.

It shouldn't matter, since this is a random map mod... There's virtually no way in hell that you'll get the exact same map and opponents that I do.

BTW, I reccomend playing with the "Treasure Hunter" option selected and Raging Barbarians for that authentic FF feel. ;)

Ogedei, it may be that your Korean machine don't like my Japanese machine's files (not like the Koreans and Japanese get along all that well anyways :lol: )

BTW, I reccomend playing with the "Treasure Hunter" option selected and Raging Barbarians for that authentic FF feel. ;)

Haha...funny, I was just messing around earlier playing as Bervenia and I ended up spawning barbs from three consecutive goody huts which then killed three of my fighters and my bangaa worker. I continued to be harrassed by bandersnatches until I was able to build some Viera Archers to lay down the law. Turned out I was stuck on an island that was a about 80% tundra with only a few places that were decent enough to settle a city.

What's up with settlers being able to build cities on mountains?

Top Bottom