Final Fixes Reborn

First let me say you guys are doing a fantastic! One question: When do you guys plan on publishing a new stable version? Pardon me if I seemed rude with my queston . I've been monitoring the progress of your work for some time and you've being doing some really cool things in the beta releases. It's just that my inner child is really excited to see that a great mode is becoming even greater thanks to you guys.

hi, i just downloaded the svn version last week and i been playin non stop, im really enjoying it, but recently i loaded my savegame(its really late game, around turn 450 in a huge map) and it gives me a ctd. i found out that if i just start a game with play now and then load the save sometimes it loads and i can play but i get weird glitches, like the mana list not showing, and the dialogue options for diplomacy disapearing and the only way of closing the conversation is pressing esc.
what it seems really weird to me is that i played 3 or 4 days and didn't have even a single crash, but when it happened it made it so i can barely play, even new games(it crashes after 10 or so turns).
i activated the logs but i dont know wich is the one i need
That's something that tends to happen with steam version of the game. I'm not certain why but, as dvor said, trying to delete the cache can be a good idea. If you want, upload me your save and all of the log folder. (Also you can try the debug dll, you'll get minor error messages that you can ignore, but it seems to work better with your particular issue for some reason)

The svn version is not exactly stable.

Deleting the cache sometimes helps: C:\Users\(name)\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache
Apart from that random likely steam-related issue, we are relatively good for single player. Multi i don't know

First let me say you guys are doing a fantastic! One question: When do you guys plan on publishing a new stable version? Pardon me if I seemed rude with my queston . I've been monitoring the progress of your work for some time and you've being doing some really cool things in the beta releases. It's just that my inner child is really excited to see that a great mode is becoming even greater thanks to you guys.

No rudeness detected, don't worry ^^. Some mechanics aren't really ready for a proper release yet, i want more testing and balancing done before that. Once that's done, we'll see ^^

The svn version is not exactly stable.

Deleting the cache sometimes helps: C:\Users\(name)\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache

i tryied deleting the cache and it did nothing

what do i do regarding to uploading my save and logs? do i just upload it to a hosting site and post the links?
im pretty noob regarding to this stuff, i pretty much made the account so i can post here and to tell you that what you are doing with the mod is pretty awesome :rockon:

nvm what i said earlier i figured how to upload files, here you go
regarding the logs, the entire folder is like 140mb. do i just upload it?

Attachments

• Lanun - 8.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.9 MB · Views: 48
yeah, just archive it and upload it to an host and post the link. though 140mb seems high.

For the debug dll, which could be a temporary fix, you'll find it in the main folder. switch it with the one in Assets to have the debug version of the game, ( plenty of dismissable error messages but more stability somehow)

ok no problem, do i just leave the dll in the mod folder or it does nothing? the problem is that my savegames get to a point that they crash when i load them(seems to be around turn 200). My workaround was to make a save of a turn 1 duel sized world that takes 3 secs. to load, then i just load the main save
anyways thanks for the help, currently i started a game with the legion of k'tesh and is a lot of fun

No, it does nothing in the mod folder. I intend to keep the debug Dll version there for people who want to try it ( it's more stable but throws many error messages which can bother players)

Hi guys, I can't seem to get his mode to work. I am currently running Windows 10, and have complete CIV4 via Steam. I have followed the instructions including including switching CIV4 to original release and extracting the files to the proper mod directory. Every time I click launch for the launcher, the launcher just closes and nothing happens. If I try to load the mod in-game it just eventually crashes.

I extracted the Ashes of Erebus 14.11.7z into My Documents/Beyond the Sword/Mods directory. I also tried putting it into the steam Beyond the Sword/Mods directory as well, but both don't work when I launch the launcher which is also in the same directory.

when starting the game normally and launching the mod, when does it crash ?

It restarts after I choose the mod and click to continue. When it restarts and when it is loading the resources several errors come up where I have to click okay and then eventually the whole game crashes without making it into the main menus. Below is the image of the final error just before crashing.

Top Bottom