Final Fixes Reborn

-Many bugfixes and interface improvements
In terms of content :
- a proper implementation of the Emergent Leader System, though only 9 of the emergent are done currently
-a New Mercenary system
-plenty of smaller stuff.

If you want to get a better idea, here are two changelogs :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cjEfA_NBkVV1xyx6nyAP7D2pay_xG813mB4FkYCYEwo/edit#gid=2 this one is focused on bugs that were reported here on the forum.
https://sourceforge.net/p/ashesoferebus/code/293/log/ this one is more general ( 14.11 corresponds to rev 85, we're at 293, 294 coming up this week hopefully)

Just wanna say that it's absolutely incredible you are still working so hard at this - it's fantastic that such a brilliant mod is still being developed.

Hey, I'm planning to start a networked MP game with some friends, and ad a couple questions about the best way to go about this.

1. Will 14.11 be noticeably more stable/less OOS prone than Beta rev 293/294? Last time I tried to play the beta I noticed very long waits between turns from turn 1.

2. Is there anything I should do to avoid OOS errors during gameplay (such as letting the map generate, saving, and then having my friends connect?)

there shouldn't be more OOS issues with beta than without, unless i introduced something in the latest revs.

Someone mentioned a crash issue from start in beta and multiplayer, but i haven't been able to reproduce it (if some of those friends are interested in doing bugtesting, having saves of multiplayer issues would help me tremendously)

Overall 14.11 is the surer choice but not by much in my opinion.

The generate map is probably a good plan. I know there were occasionally oos at some point in dev during civ spawning ( Frozen, Mercurian, Infernal) but i don't know if it's still an issue.

Just wanna say that it's absolutely incredible you are still working so hard at this - it's fantastic that such a brilliant mod is still being developed.
Thanks for that ^^

As for rev294 progress report, i'm still deep into leader xml diplomacy values, which is starting to get me slightly mad (but that'll make great results, there will really be some large difference in attitude between the various leaders), and after that i still have to finish Basium's hammer and Netherblade destruction events/spells.

Hey, this may or may not help but I just ran across a barbarian city called 'Stoville DOES THIS APPEAR?' I can in fact confirm that yes, it does appear.

Oh, and I promise to build a shrine to whoever made the creation rank 3 bonus not utterly worthless.

Ah, one other thing I just noticed is that if you claim the Rimwell isle, it spawns your factions fort commander unit who promptly drowns because it doesn't have any sort of water walking ability.

Last edited:
Ah, one other thing I just noticed is that if you claim the Rimwell isle, it spawns your factions fort commander unit who promptly drowns because it doesn't have any sort of water walking ability.

It's a broken feature and i think the team has a plan to do something about it for some times.

Hope I'm not being annoying here, but I managed to luck out and find the beguiling jewel and then captured a lizardman with it, turns out that lizardmen can't use boats - they can hop onto them as long as the boats are next to land, but they don't count as being aboard them.

I downloaded the most recent version with the SVN tool, and I'm trying it out. I noticed that when I look at the research tree, there are a couple of religion tech missing, mostly involving runes of Kilmorph and Ashen veil. Am I missing something? I can see that there are entries in the civopedia, but I cant figure out how to research them. I tried with Amurites and the Lurchuirp, and it was missing for both those civilizations.

I did some more testing, and it looks like I cant Found either Runes or Ashen Veil. When I use religious units to build their respective temples, the temples get built, but the religions dont get founded. This works for stuff like fellowship of the leaves and Octopus Overlords however, so I don't know why runes and Ashen Veil don't work.

Last edited:
Hope I'm not being annoying here, but I managed to luck out and find the beguiling jewel and then captured a lizardman with it, turns out that lizardmen can't use boats - they can hop onto them as long as the boats are next to land, but they don't count as being aboard them.

Does that lizardman has any scout bird with him? It seems that the ship does have some trouble when they try to transport units that also has transport slot themselves. In my game, i won't be able to load a scout on the ship until i rebase his scout bird back home or somewhere else or it will behave like what you said. It will just stay on the sea tile after i moved the boat and hop back on land tile the next turn.

Does that lizardman has any scout bird with him? It seems that the ship does have some trouble when they try to transport units that also has transport slot themselves. In my game, i won't be able to load a scout on the ship until i rebase his scout bird back home or somewhere else or it will behave like what you said. It will just stay on the sea tile after i moved the boat and hop back on land tile the next turn.

Nope, these are just the basic barbarian lizardmen that spawn randomly - I caught one in the middle of the map so he couldn't have a bird.

When the lizardman and the boat are on the same tile: Does the lizardman have the option to embark?

Nope, first thing I looked for and there was no option anywhere, plus all the other units I transport by boat automatically become embarked when I move them off a land tile onto a boat.

hi, i just downloaded the svn version last week and i been playin non stop, im really enjoying it, but recently i loaded my savegame(its really late game, around turn 450 in a huge map) and it gives me a ctd. i found out that if i just start a game with play now and then load the save sometimes it loads and i can play but i get weird glitches, like the mana list not showing, and the dialogue options for diplomacy disapearing and the only way of closing the conversation is pressing esc.
what it seems really weird to me is that i played 3 or 4 days and didn't have even a single crash, but when it happened it made it so i can barely play, even new games(it crashes after 10 or so turns).
i activated the logs but i dont know wich is the one i need

The svn version is not exactly stable.

Deleting the cache sometimes helps: C:\Users\(name)\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache

Top Bottom