1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fixes Reborn

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Ronkhar, Apr 17, 2013.

1. black_imperator

black_imperator Chieftain

what kind of errors ?

2. TheIanOakley

TheIanOakley Bugged

What changed between R294 and R295?

3. black_imperator

only fixed a crash that was caused by the dtesh ranger.

4. arthas125

arthas125 Chieftain

it seems that any combat animation regarding ranged units (crossbowman, arquebus,etc) its taking much, much more longer than normal to finish, specially on the offensive side

5. black_imperator

yeah that's due to first strikes and defensive strikes, which they usually have in sizable amount. It's not a part of the code i'm really familiar with though. I'll try to look at it at some point.

6. Joey Diamond

Joey Diamond Chieftain

I usually have to disable combat animation whenever there is alot of archers or when fighting a goblin clan. ^_^ Speaking of combat, Could CIV V combat mechanic be a perfect fit for FFH as a whole? I mean it's a tactical RPG style, no one-hit-kill unless to much strenght difference. It would make heroes really stand out but could also make Pyrezombies stack a nightmarish insanity.

7. Jheral

Jheral Chieftain

Well, it would be, but you'd either have to change the entire combat system or port the mod - either would be a... difficult and time-consuming job, to say the least.

Joey Diamond likes this.
  8. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

I'd say that sephi approached it in his last MoM version, but he went AWOL before commiting on it so there's no stable version of it.
    it overhauls the whole mechanics and balance aspects...

Joey Diamond likes this.
  9. Kapor

Kapor Chieftain

I downloaded v295 from sourceforge link few pages ago.
    However, text in the mod appears broken, with fonts changing randomly through sentences, word overlapping each other, and icons from civilopedia missing.
    Have I installed the mod incorrect? font.png

10. black_imperator

you're most likely missing the "original release" beta for steam version, or the 3.19 patch for non steam version:

11. Kapor

Kapor Chieftain

This fixes it, thank you!
    I wonder what files this actually changes? Do I have to revert to "normal" steam version before playing other mods, or is it ok to just leave this as is?

12. black_imperator

Most mods should work at least as well with it yeah.

13. Kapor

Kapor Chieftain

Great, thank you! I'll play a game and give feedback then :)

14. black_imperator

Do remember to at least start a Play Now game first to reset all hidden options

15. Angst

Angst Rambling and inconsistent

OK, I downloaded the beta. Playing on Windows 10.

There's a host of font issues. The font seems to change at random throughout the interface. This breaks the interface sometimes, making it unreadable.

There's also problems with the interface in general. Tried D'tesh and it's not clear at all what the point of the Crypt is. Much of the improvement interface states the improvement order is "connected to remove jungle and chop down forest". FFH "vanilla" was already incredibly dense interfacewise, and while I understand the point of this mod is to finish it, it's very strange that the most basic unit of the D'tesh has 12 lines of abilities or so to parse. This is a problem designwise but I can live with it. (Especially through the sheer amount of content.)

The reason I post is because I randomly lost the game. Got attacked by a herolike unit attacking my city that I couldn't see (my whole army was just west of the city defending against barbarians). I know I couldn't see it because I hadn't seen the model before. I don't know what happened there at all. It was after an event with some unicorn where I chose not to kill the unicorn. The unit doesn't look like a unicorn at all, rather a ranger or a hunter. The unit also destroyed my whole army somehow and the game froze as it was killing the last unit.

EDIT: Just saw I had to change BtS to "Original release" to fix the text. Thanks.

16. black_imperator

i'll look into that.
    the base idea from the event comes from this story : https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/random-stories-and-fragments.280868/#post-6985928 The original version of the event made it impossible to not kill it, but people wanted the metamorph option and it was added by someone on the team. I'm not too fond of it precisely for what just happened to you...

i'll look into the freezing on death, though

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  17. Angst

A prompt answer! Great to see. I'm really excited for this, don't mean to be too critical. I understand that BTS's base interface makes stuff like Fall From Heaven really difficult to look elegantly. It's just better if a solution can be found.

Also, more info on the freeze - it freezed not in regards to a crash. I basically lost sight of all units (they may and may not have died and I don't recall whether there was FoW or not), and then a fight started between the ranger unit and one of my unit (I could see this sole unit). After killing all but one soldier of the unit, they just stopped in their tracks standing in front of each other. I was able to quit.

The unicorn thing is a poor event if it randomly kills people at that point of the game. Similar to the barbarian invasion event in "vanilla" BtS. It could be solved with a little more transparency of what happens, or restricting it to happening only to defended cities. I can't code events sadly, so I'm not sure whether it's possible in the code. But stuff can perhaps be spelled out in the event options themselves?

Probably going to play the mod again tonight anyways. :p

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  18. black_imperator

i'll probably add some kind of turn prereq for it, that way, it'll be unlikely to kill off people

Angst likes this.
  19. Angst

Well, if it has to be part of the game, I guess that could be a solution. I read the story in question and while I liked reading Mort of the Discworld series, I'm not sure I like the event as is. :)

20. black_imperator

i do prefer the version when you cannot just not kill it, so i might also revert back to that, i don't know yet.

Angst likes this.