Final Fixes Reborn

Welcome back, Morkonan.
Have a great trip in Erebus :)

Mordax's Guide said:
Certain events occur based on what your Crime Rate is, according to the developers these events aren't supposed to be worse for you on average with a high crime rate (it's more of a flavour thing), but I find they tend to cost money, and destroy buildings and improvements.

Since I didn't know at all how the Crime Rate works, I just investigated the related code.
And here is what I understood:

The player cities have a crime rate value that depends on several values:
  • buildings with crime rate modifier (xml field <iCrime>, C++ value m_iCrim and C++ functions getCrime and changeCrime)
  • base city crime rate
  • world crime rate
  • events
Criminal events have a prerequisite crime rate (xml field <iPrereqCrime>, C++ value m_iPrereqCrime and C++ function getPrereqCrime)

If your crime rate is higher than the prereq, the criminal event can be triggered.
Code:
	if (kTrigger.getPrereqCrime() != 0)
	{
		if (getCrime() < kTrigger.getPrereqCrime())
		{
			return MIN_INT;
		}
	}

Your crime rate is not accessed by the code after that, so it can't affect the outcome of the event.

I hope that answers your questions. :)

Speaking of the hamstalfar. Their Vagabond unit (hunter replacement) doesn't have the usual 50% bonus vs animals. Imagine that's an oversight? Or perhaps a balance since for some reason their recon line can use bronze, iron, etc, weapon upgrades?

Hi. The easiest way is to send only the relevant entry(ies).

1) The subject
Either you explain the position (for example, pedia, spell "gust of wind", description field), or you can give the TXT_KEY if you know it (for example, TXT_KEY_SPELL_GUST_OF_WIND_PEDIA)

2) The string
A standard text is already a good thing.
If you know how/when to use the pedia tags, it's even better.
And if you're knowledgeable in one of the non-english languages, it's fantastic (I can only translate from/to french)

Well that saves me figuring out how (or if) the XML files are organised right now and where to put my stuff to avoid creating or adding to a lack of organisation

Still doesn't tell me how you want to receive them though, Email? Attach a text doc here? Can I submit them through SorceForge somehow?

Sadly, while I know many different languages, only one of them is for speaking to other humans, I could throw everything through Google Translate though I imagine that would be counter-productive

Speaking of the hamstalfar. Their Vagabond unit (hunter replacement) doesn't have the usual 50% bonus vs animals. Imagine that's an oversight? Or perhaps a balance since for some reason their recon line can use bronze, iron, etc, weapon upgrades?

Probably intentional. For the Hastalfar, the recon line is meant to be a big contributor to their armies, especially for defending against enemy armies, hence the metal boni and extra withdrawal chance.

Well that saves me figuring out how (or if) the XML files are organised right now and where to put my stuff to avoid creating or adding to a lack of organisation

Still doesn't tell me how you want to receive them though, Email? Attach a text doc here? Can I submit them through SorceForge somehow?

Sadly, while I know many different languages, only one of them is for speaking to other humans, I could throw everything through Google Translate though I imagine that would be counter-productive

I've also been interested in developing the civilopedia for RifE/Ashes for a while. So far I've never done more than fix typos and spelling errors, etc., but if this is still being updated I'd like to help, if I can.

For instance, the minimal lore on the Cuali/Mazatl always frustrated me; if I started writing up lore entries for other minor leaders/civs (such as those) that are missing, would that be cool with people? I can't guarantee I'd do a great job, but of course everything would be up to revisions and whatnot of people that are interested :)

Unless of course there already is lore established which is not found in the civilopedia of Ashes. Does anybody know if there is, as something to expand upon?

Now available with underbody neon lighting, spinner rims, and a spring loaded carbon brush suspension that allows you to "bounce" each wheel individually or together. Perfect for a night of pimping or out killing those heathen Doviello. (Note: warranty does not cover fireball damage.)

Ratha pedia entry (What the hell!)

Blazenclaw said:
figuring out how (or if) the XML files are organised right now
They are being organized thematically by jungd and me. (for instance, we prefer CIV4GameText_Civ_mycivname.xml and CIV4GameText_Diplomacy_Generics.xml rather than CIV4GameText_FFH2.xml, CIV4GameText_FFPlus.xml and CIV4GameText_Orbi.xml)

And I sent you my e-mail in PM.

Blazenclaw said:
Unless of course there already is lore established which is not found in the civilopedia of Ashes. Does anybody know if there is, as something to expand upon?
I think most of the lore is in the Pedia already, and possibly in 2 other files. I remember linking to them in one of my previous answers in this thread, just need to find post number.

In my opinion, there's a high chance that if an item has no lore entry, it doesn't exist. So if your imagination is active, go for it :)

Now available with underbody neon lighting, spinner rims, and a spring loaded carbon brush suspension that allows you to "bounce" each wheel individually or together. Perfect for a night of pimping or out killing those heathen Doviello. (Note: warranty does not cover fireball damage.)

Ratha pedia entry
:eek:

I think I prefer the chariot and war chariot entries.

Another bug: The Healer GP unique building and the Dural replacement for Herbalist have the same name (Apothecary), suggest changing the Dural to something else.

Dural can build the White Hand temple, should be replaced with a School of Ice (usually named after god, but Ice doesn't have one)

Pedia: Refinery entry should specify it can only be built on a raw mana node.

Pedia: Adeptus and techpriest entry should specify these unit have acess to unique mechanos ability
  • Repair - Alteration
  • Banishment - Necromancy
  • Dispel magic - Divination
  • Entrench - Elementalism
  • Revelation - Divination
  • Scorch - Elementalism
  • Spring - Elementalism

Error: Mechanos shouldn't be able to research White Hand technology (Other leader with the same restriction may have the similar issue)

Error: Mechanos start under the religion civic but they can't adopt a state religion and don't have Ordos machinarium anymore

Missing: Shouldn't Dural have a Student UU for the White hand technology

Missing: Mechanos unique building have no thumbnail image. When hovering mouse on a city name you only see pink square

Someone know why the Ordos machinarium religion was removed ?

So this has been driving me batty for the past couple hours. I cannot edit any units using the module system (civics, improvements, traits, and promotions all seem to work fine). Despite a lack of any syntax error the following attached file will not load modularly. It keeps telling me there is an error at the top of file, and points me to line 1 of the code (useful!). I attempted to download an xml editor, but the Microsoft one just spit out the same uninformative error. I cleared out my cache and restarted my computer, all to no avail.

If this doesn't work for anyone that attempts to load it, and you can find the source of the error I would be most appreciative, and pray the gods rain sandwiches upon you. If it does work for you, could someone direct me to a useful xml editor so I can backtrack this error, or give some uninstallation instructions so I can attempt again with a fresh load of this mod.

On another completely unrelated note, the bannor command mechanic can generate a feedback loop due to the way the 'ineligible' promotions are handled. The experience gain really isn't as fantastic as I had hoped, but it did crash my game multiple times! Ahem, this is accomplished by upgrading a unit with one of the leader promotions and having a second unit (without said leadership promotion) follow that unit. Then you move the follower onto a different square (which removes the ineligible promotion) and upgrade it with a leadership promotion. Repeat as many times as you like. This gets really nasty however when those other units start gaining experience, and can begin leading their own chain of units, and the game breaks when the first unit in this line becomes a level 20 commander and can lead captains, and even more hilariously, the captain that is leading him. Even without the obvious regimented infinity glitch, multiple units with 100+ regimented stacks will cause the game to crash. Who knew?!

Attachments

• Error_at_top_of_document.zip
    11.8 KB · Views: 47
Someone know why the ordos machinum religion was removed ?

I am really stretching my memory here, but I think it was because the Mechanos having a religion (even an atheistic one) didn't really fit, and possibly also because they were bit too strong.

I am really stretching my memory here, but I think it was because the Mechanos having a religion (even an atheistic one) didn't really fit, and possibly also because they were bit too strong.

Thanks for the quick answer. I think I remember their start was very strong due to a free religion when I started playing. But if it was only a balancing issue, adding
- First to discover found ordos machinarium
to steam power would have been a better idea.

Not a big deal but if the code is still there, intact, bugfree and if the religion isn't umbalanced, it may be worth reintegrating it this way sometime.

Got a couple more: Crossbowmen are not national units any longer and they really should be, else why even build arquebus?

Also there are two instances of priests of the leaves. Or rather in a game using the Llosaljafar I could build 2 different copies of the same unit.

I think most of the lore is in the Pedia already, and possibly in 2 other files. I remember linking to them in one of my previous answers in this thread, just need to find post number.

In my opinion, there's a high chance that if an item has no lore entry, it doesn't exist. So if your imagination is active, go for it :)

Referring to:
- http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=272917
- http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=334470

Ah, thanks for pointing these it out to me, I missed them earlier! There's certainly lots of lore in here that's not in the 'pedia (though some is in the campaign for FFHII iirc), although not a whole lot of useful unit info, etc. Before I start moving info and messing with files though, in what form would be easiest for you to work with? Take for example, the Ratha entry.

:eek:

I think I prefer the chariot and war chariot entries.

As for the ratha entry-
Spoiler :
Original-

Change to something more lore friendly like:

Now available with all-new underbody sun mana lighting, ingenious Dwarven free-spinning wheel plating, and a new Mechanos spring loaded iron-brush suspension that allows each wheel to "bounce" individually or together. Perfect for a night of "Spreading the light of Lugus" or out killing those heathen Doviello!
(Note: Warranty does not cover fireball damage.)

-A Luchuirp's failed enterprise in modifying Ratha at a Malakim settlement.

Then, I can update the unit file reflecting that. So, as an example entry, should I give you the entire text file (attached), or just the text code regarding the specific entry (in this case, Ratha)?
Code:
		<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_RATHA_PEDIA</Tag>
		<English>Now available with all-new underbody sun mana lighting, ingenious Dwarven free-spinning wheel plating, and a new Mechanos spring loaded iron-brush suspension that allows each wheel to "bounce" individually or together. Perfect for a night of "Spreading the light of Lugus" or out killing those heathen Doviello![PARAGRAPH:2](Note: Warranty does not cover fireball damage.)[PARAGRAPH:2]-A Luchuirp's failed enterprise in modifying Ratha at a Malakim settlement.</English>
		<French>Now available with underbody neon lighting, spinner rims, and a spring loaded carbon brush suspension that allows you to "bounce" each wheel individually or together. Perfect for a night of pimping or out killing those heathen Doviello. (Note: warranty does not cover fireball damage.)</French>
		<German>Jetzt mit neuer untergebauter Neon-Beleuchtung, Felgen aus Leichtmetall, und einer federgelagerten Kohlenbürsten-Radaufhängung, die Ihnen erlaubt, die Räder individuell oder zugleich "springen" zu lassen. Perfekt für eine Nacht Mädchen anbaggern, oder draußen diese heidnischen Doviello zu töten. (Anmerkung: Die Garantie deckt keine Feuerball-Schäden.)</German>
		<Italian>Now available with underbody neon lighting, spinner rims, and a spring loaded carbon brush suspension that allows you to "bounce" each wheel individually or together. Perfect for a night of pimping or out killing those heathen Doviello. (Note: warranty does not cover fireball damage.)</Italian>
		<Spanish>Now available with underbody neon lighting, spinner rims, and a spring loaded carbon brush suspension that allows you to "bounce" each wheel individually or together. Perfect for a night of pimping or out killing those heathen Doviello. (Note: warranty does not cover fireball damage.)</Spanish>
	</TEXT>

Also, I was wondering about setting up online MP, but have had problems getting it to work.

Multiplayer works great actually

My friends and I play online using Hamachi, we have different PC hardware and operating systems but only suffer the occasional desync.

I tried installing Hamachi with a non-local friend and we got a private network up, but we don't see a hosted game in the lobby, and although direct IP connection seems to work, we get immediate OOS on turn 1. Mordax, would it be cool if you gave a brief rundown on what settings/modules you use/avoid, and what method you use to connect? That'd be awesome :lol:

Got a couple more: Crossbowmen are not national units any longer and they really should be, else why even build arquebus?

And as for crossbowmen/arquebus, there are some subtle differences, most notably that arquebus completely ignore defence from walls, etc (iirc), but they also have a slightly higher base strength and range damage limit, are 75% the cost of crossbowmen, and lie along a different tech tree. That being said, crossbowmen can benefit from iron weapons and have several inherent defensive abilities, which makes them significantly stronger on defense, and basically on par on offense. I don't think there's a need for either to be a national unit, as they're basically your 'standard' endgame unit depending on techtree/playstyle.

Attachments

• CIV4GameText_FFH2.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
As for the ratha entry-
Spoiler :
Original-

Change to something more lore friendly like:

Now available with all-new underbody sun mana lighting, ingenious Dwarven free-spinning wheel plating, and a new Mechanos spring loaded iron-brush suspension that allows each wheel to "bounce" individually or together. Perfect for a night of "Spreading the light of Lugus" or out killing those heathen Doviello!
(Note: Warranty does not cover fireball damage.)

-A Luchuirp's failed enterprise in modifying Ratha at a Malakim settlement.
Spoiler :

I think this is just slightly better than no text at all. While your change are an improvement, the entry should be entirely rewrote.

pedia idea: add new category for UU and UB. arange units in subcategory (melee, archery, mounted, siege, naval, adept, disciple, religion-enabled and hero)
Split the spell and ability in two category and modify the pedia to look like
  • Alteration
    • Body
      • Lvl1 - Haste
      • Lvl2 – Regeneration
      • Lvl3 – Graft Flesh

I think this is just slightly better than no text at all. While your change are an improvement, the entry should be entirely rewrote.

I took this as an example of a fun entry, not standard lore or strategy- it's important to also nice to have fun here or there with material. Look at the 'pedia entry for Casin Loveless of the Lanun, for instance. That's more lore-friendly, but I agree, this should not be the style of 'pedia entries in general.

I'm just probably going to be doing a lot of these, so I want to start doing them the right way first, which is also why I asked Ronkhar if it's better to send the whole file with all the changes, or each individually.

Two more: Inquisitor promotion gives two spells. One that removes all non-state religions instantly and another than removes all non-state religions after 3 turns.

Also composite bows are lost when you gain compound bows, but compound bows are not lost when you gain composite bows (meaning you can get both if you choose them in the appropriate order).

Hey there!

Just came cross this little weirdness, when playing a mechanos game - it seems like there is a text missing or misplaced.

There was an event popup and instead of a describtion text, it just gave me
TXT_KEY_EVENTTRIGGER_HORTICULTURE_1

I made a screenshot and appended it.
I hope I was able to help!

Thank you for your work on this!

Attachments

• Horticulture1.jpg
    Horticulture1.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 86
I have a repeatable crash, should I upload the saved game somewhere?

I'm new here, can I attach it directly here?

It's something the AI is doing in a specific turn, maybe some spell or smth.

Top Bottom