Final Fixes Reborn

Been playing a Calabim game. Loving that you're resurrecting this mod. Also, the Burning Blood Promotion is missing a text key link.

Finally found it. It was an old typo : TTXT_KEY_X instead of TXT_KEY_X
And there were 3 other strings with the same problem:
<Tag>TTXT_KEY_SPELL_BLAZE2_HELP</Tag>
<Tag>TTXT_KEY_SPELL_BLAZE2_PEDIA</Tag>
<Tag>TTXT_KEY_SPELL_BLAZE2_STRATEGY</Tag>

Please next time include the name of the incriminated string (for example TXT_KEY_SPELL_BURNING_BLOOD_HELP) It will save a lot of time in solving bugs.

Another bug: The Healer GP unique building and the Dural replacement for Herbalist have the same name (Apothecary), suggest changing the Dural to something else.
Dural can build the White Hand temple, should be replaced with a School of Ice (usually named after god, but Ice doesn't have one)
Ok, thanks. Both bugs added

Pedia: Refinery entry should specify it can only be built on a raw mana node.

Pedia: Adeptus and techpriest entry should specify these unit have acess to unique mechanos ability
  • Repair - Alteration
  • Banishment - Necromancy
  • Dispel magic - Divination
  • Entrench - Elementalism
  • Revelation - Divination
  • Scorch - Elementalism
  • Spring - Elementalism

Error: Mechanos shouldn't be able to research White Hand technology (Other leader with the same restriction may have the similar issue)

Error: Mechanos start under the religion civic but they can't adopt a state religion and don't have Ordos machinarium anymore

Missing: Shouldn't Dural have a Student UU for the White hand technology
Pff, so many bugs :( You, Sir, are really a good hunter :scan:

Missing: Mechanos unique building have no thumbnail image. When hovering mouse on a city name you only see pink square
Known bug, due to the use of atlas icons

Someone know why the Ordos machinarium religion was removed ?
Err, for RP, I think.

Despite a lack of any syntax error the following attached file will not load modularly. It keeps telling me there is an error at the top of file, and points me to line 1 of the code (useful!).
The 1st line IS wrong: You wrote > instead of ?>

Got a couple more: Crossbowmen are not national units any longer and they really should be, else why even build arquebus?
Different tech & different tactics. Arquebus for city attack, crossbowmen for defense, especially city defense.

Also there are two instances of priests of the leaves. Or rather in a game using the Llosaljafar I could build 2 different copies of the same unit.

There's only one unit that uses the string TXT_KEY_UNIT_PRIEST_OF_LEAVES and it's (obviously) UNIT_PRIEST_OF_LEAVES.
--> dismissed until shown by a savegame.

@Blazenclaw:
You should keep it simple. I suggest you send me e-mail(s) with, for each entry you modified, one line of intro, for example
new strategy text for tumtum
followed by
Code:
TXT_KEY_UNIT_TUMTUM_STRATEGY

Many orcish charges have been lead by the mighty TumTum. Opposing armies, facing chants of 'TumTum, TumTum, TumTum!' only to have a huge ogre on the back of a wild boar come bursting through the ranks at them are more likely to start laughing than be afraid. But once battle is joined TumTum is a powerful weapon for the barbarians of Erebus, and will topple unprepared empires.

Erikulum said:
pedia idea: add new category for UU and UB. arange units in subcategory (melee, archery, mounted, siege, naval, adept, disciple, religion-enabled and hero)
Split the spell and ability in two category and modify the pedia to look like
  • Alteration
    • Body
      • Lvl1 - Haste
      • Lvl2 – Regeneration
      • Lvl3 – Graft Flesh
Err, I'm not sure I understand which screen you want to look like that.
Are you talking about adding new filters in the upper-left menu for "units" and "spells"? or adding new screens? or changing the current screens?

Two more: Inquisitor promotion gives two spells. One that removes all non-state religions instantly and another than removes all non-state religions after 3 turns.
Bug n°40 said:
See if we can hide the slow inquisition if theocracy civic is active

SPELL_INQUISITION --> 3 turns --> prereq = PROMOTION_INQUISITOR --> prereq = PROMOTION_CHANNELING2 & UNITCOMBAT_DISCIPLE
SPELL_INQUISITION2 --> 1 turn --> prereq = PROMOTION_ZEALOTRY (<bAutoAcquire>1) --> prereq = CIVIC_THEOCRACY & UNITCOMBAT_DISCIPLE
Both spells call the same python function spellInquisition

Also composite bows are lost when you gain compound bows, but compound bows are not lost when you gain composite bows (meaning you can get both if you choose them in the appropriate order).
Ok. I'll check how this works.

Hey there!
Just came cross this little weirdness, when playing a mechanos game - it seems like there is a text missing or misplaced.
There was an event popup and instead of a describtion text, it just gave me
TXT_KEY_EVENTTRIGGER_HORTICULTURE_1

I made a screenshot and appended it.
I hope I was able to help!
Thank you for your work on this!

Yep. Thanks. That helped a lot. I had forgotten one word in the string, hence this error. --> fixed for next release.

I have a repeatable crash, should I upload the saved game somewhere?

I'm new here, can I attach it directly here?

Yes. You should be able to attach it to your post.
When you answer, choose "go advanced", then "manage attachments" (near the bottom of the page)

Thanks for the reply. here is the saved file.

Attachments

• Cassiel Turn_0522 THE CRASH.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
A few more bugs! Note that this is still using the previous version (13.7), on account of my cheap ISP being terrible with large downloads.

The Grateful Witch event that occasionally provides you with a Mobius Witch for free has a typo, in that the created unit is "Grafetul Witch" rather than "Grateful Witch".

Resurrection (Life III) spell granted all of the casting unit's promotions to the resurrected Hero as well.

Defeated players' claimed Forts/Castles/Citadels remain on the map and retain culture control. Can lead to some oddities with chokepoints being blocked by a dead player's fort.

Minor pedia: Calabim Vampires and their upgrades reference the ability to cast Death spells, despite no longer having access to Death I/II/III.

Thanks for the reply. here is the saved file.

I couldn't even load the save :blush:
(I immediately get a runtime error)
And I didn't see any understandable explanation in the logs.

Would you still have one of the autosaves a few turns before?

TrippedOnACloud said:
A few more bugs! Note that this is still using the previous version (13.7), on account of my cheap ISP being terrible with large downloads.
No problem. If I didn't write bug solved in the changelog 13.7 --> 13.10, then it's still active.

TrippedOnACloud said:
The Grateful Witch event that occasionally provides you with a Mobius Witch for free has a typo, in that the created unit is "Grafetul Witch" rather than "Grateful Witch".
Thanks. It's now fixed.

TrippedOnACloud said:
Resurrection (Life III) spell granted all of the casting unit's promotions to the resurrected Hero as well.
I just looked at the code, and the transfer of promotions is clearly an intended feature, not a side effect.
Here are the 6 lines responsible for it:
Code:
for iProm in range(gc.getNumPromotionInfos()):
		if (caster.isHasPromotion(iProm) and not gc.getPromotionInfo(iProm).isEquipment()):
			iPromCount = caster.countHasPromotion(iProm)
			for i in xrange(iPromCount):
				newUnit.setHasPromotion(iProm, True)

And I realized there are a lot of typos with resurrect and Ressurect --> fixed.

TrippedOnACloud said:
Defeated players' claimed Forts/Castles/Citadels remain on the map and retain culture control. Can lead to some oddities with chokepoints being blocked by a dead player's fort.
Ok. I'll look into that.

TrippedOnACloud said:
Minor pedia: Calabim Vampires and their upgrades reference the ability to cast Death spells, despite no longer having access to Death I/II/III.
Mhm. As far as I remember, they do have access to spells.
Will come back later if I realize I'm wrong.
Ahem. I'm back.
They do have access to body spells, but not death spells --> you're right. I'll change the vampire lord strategy from "advanced death and body spells" to "advanced body spells".

Err, I'm not sure I understand which screen you want to look like that.
Are you talking about adding new filters in the upper-left menu for "units" and "spells"? or adding new screens? or changing the current screens?

Both:
Split some category in two
Spell - Spell tied to a mana type
Ability - Every other spell and ability

Units - The units a basic civilization could train
Unique units - Every other one

Buildings - The building a basic civilization could built (including the one built by great person and religion specific)
Unique Buildings - Every other one

add new sorting options
- "sort by school" as the default one for the Spells category
- "sort by type" as the default one for the Units category
- "sort by type" for the Buildings category

Just a random idea to make the civilopedia more user-friendly

Just registered so I could post a big Thank You! This is great work, and I plan to do a lot of playing - will let you know if I have any issues.

I couldn't even load the save :blush:
(I immediately get a runtime error)
And I didn't see any understandable explanation in the logs.

Would you still have one of the autosaves a few turns before?

Not autosaves unfortunately.

I do have a couple of hardsaves, one from the previous turn and one from a few turns earlier.

Attachments

• Cassiel Turn_0514.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
  • Cassiel Turn_0520.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
  • Cassiel Turn_0521.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 53

there's one error in this picture

P.-S:Ashe of Erebus need a new subforum

I can't seem to add the Jontar and Frozen civs to my game since the schema files won't update, Help please.

An image of the error is attached as you have requested.

Thank you in advance. :)

Attachments

• bug_RifE.png
    bug_RifE.png
    140.5 KB · Views: 112
I don't know for the the frozen but the Jotnar mod that come with AsoE have an outdated XML schema.

I'm currently (slowly) working on an overhaul of the jotnar mod but the only usefull progress so far was to make the mod compatible with the most recent release. You can download it here.

If this work and the frozen have the same problem try copying and renaming the diverse Dural schema in the Frozen mod directory
Civilisation 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Ashes of Erebus\Assets\Modules\NormalModules\Dural\XML
It may or may not work but it's worth a try

Bug: Barbarian can spawn on tile seen by civilization. I played a game where I started alone on a small island and group of barbarian kept spawning on the only tile outside my cultural border. I also saw a goblin camp spawn next to one of my scout in another game.

Bug: the clan of ember world spell for the horde shouldn't affect leashed barbarian

Bug: Barbarian can spawn on tile seen by civilization. I played a game where I started alone on a small island and group of barbarian kept spawning on the only tile outside my cultural border. I also saw a goblin camp spawn next to one of my scout in another game.

I'm not sure that is a bug here. In RifE that was an intended feature AFAIK. If I remember it right, it was even "advertised", that barbarian and animal spawns aren't limited to hidden tiles anymore.

there's one error in this picture

I'm Mario, best plumber ever :lol:
Should be fixed for next release
Code:
	# test Ronkhar 2013-10-31
	iWorker = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCLASS_WORKER')
	if pUnit.getUnitClassType() == iWorker:
		return False

P.-S:Ashe of Erebus need a new subforum

It's Ashes :p
(and acronym is AoE)

Erikulum said:
I can't seem to add the Jontar and Frozen civs to my game since the schema files won't update, Help please.

An image of the error is attached as you have requested.
These modules have been out of order since RifE 1.4 at least, lots of obsolete code.
Erikulum is trying to repair the jotnar, and I'm removing useless jotnar code from the main files. That's a beginning.
Unless you've good programming skills and a lot of free time, I think it's not worth the hassle for you. (but if you do, send the files, so we can update the module for everyone ;) )

As for one of your errors with leader status, I detected the problem some days ago.
R51 2013-10-25 (on sourceforge only until next patch) said:
Removed obsolete file Assets/Inactive Modules/NormalModules/Frozen/Basicinfos/CIV4LeaderStatusInfos.xml
In theory, it should use the standard CIV4LeaderStatusInfos.xml.

Erikulum said:
Bug: the clan of ember world spell for the horde shouldn't affect leashed barbarian
Ok, will study

Concerning barbarians spawning inside vision field, War chicken is right: it's a feature.

I'm Mario, best plumber ever :lol:
Should be fixed for next release
Code:
	# test Ronkhar 2013-10-31
	iWorker = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCLASS_WORKER')
	if pUnit.getUnitClassType() == iWorker:
		return False

TBH, I would be tempted to call it a feature and make them an Adventurer instead of just denying them. ;)

That event is rare enough that I don't think it would cause any balance issues.

So glad to see this project continueing on what could be one of the top favorite games I've encountered. I play a ton of fall further, Rise from Erebus and now Ashes to Ashes so I'd like to chip in on a few things.

I enjoy gaining a new hero unit at random from that event. It seems to happen on rare occasion.

I tried playing with the double event option checked. It seemed that events were happening way too much compared to previous rfe times. All the other leaders in the game by the time I got to Feral Bond tech were all Friendly with me because "Past events proved my good nature" was like +14 or something to relations.

The other bug I'd like to report is that I wasn't able to build the Doviello Hero Werewolf(I forget his name but it starts with a V) or the Baron werewolf unit. I was playing as the Baron Duin Halfmorn minor Leader. This was also a bug in rise from Erebus to my knowledge.

You guys are awesome, thanks for helping keep this great game going !

problem on attached save at end of turn 88, turn never end...

Waiting for other civilization

loaded mods
  • BannonChainofCommand
  • BlackDuke
  • Dural
  • MoreEvents

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0085.CivBeyondSwordSave
    346.4 KB · Views: 38
I enjoy gaining a new hero unit at random from that event. It seems to happen on rare occasion.

It's a good event, but a little weird for a worker to be the champion of war games :crazyeye:

That being said, I agree with Jehrel, as it actually is kinda nice to have a worker that very quickly gets all of the worker promotions; effectively, you get a free worker, as that one soon has a 200% work rate and relatively high withdraw percentages, additional movement, etc.

The other bug I'd like to report is that I wasn't able to build the Doviello Hero Werewolf(I forget his name but it starts with a V) or the Baron werewolf unit. I was playing as the Baron Duin Halfmorn minor Leader. This was also a bug in rise from Erebus to my knowledge.

You guys are awesome, thanks for helping keep this great game going !

It's intended that you can't control the Baron if you or someone is playing as him. Although, I believe there's a mechanic where you can play as a civ led by Kahd, with him as a unit, though if he dies the civs secondary traits are lost (so says the 'pedia- I've never had that event occur).

Perhaps if the Baron leader is in the game, the same should occur, that only he can construct himself(?), though if the Baron unit dies the civ loses the leader's traits, or something like that.

Perhaps if the Baron leader is in the game, the same should occur, that only he can construct himself(?), though if the Baron unit dies the civ loses the leader's traits, or something like that.

You can't build the baron if he's leading a civilization but if I remember correctly there's suposed to have a slighty weaker replacement in that case

A quick scan of the changelog didn't give me any results of this issue, so I mention it here:
playing the Malakim showed, that there is a wrong (switched) filepath in CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml for the worker.nif , resulting in a red blobb in the game for the unit.
Code:
<NIF>Art/Civs/Malakim/Units/Bedouin/Malakim/worker_arabic.nif</NIF>
should be
Code:
<NIF>Art/Civs/Malakim/Units/Malakim/Bedouin/worker_arabic.nif</NIF>
Additionally, adding a line to the description of TECH_DESERTPEOPLE (maybe: 'No roads required in arid terrain.') could be helpful. (...since at first I was really wondering, why I hadn't been able to build roads with my red blobbs of workiness. :crazyeye: )

...and THANK YOU for investing your time and effort in cleaning up this unfinished business! RifE is a great mod and I love seeing it still progressing to what it was meant to be.

Top Bottom