Final Fixes Reborn

@black_imperator i tried to debug python error about pickle which appear on game load

error happen in:

def onLoad(argsList):
'Called when a file is loaded'
import pickle
import CvEventInterface
loadDataStr=argsList[0]
if len(loadDataStr):
CvEventInterface.onEvent( ('OnLoad',pickle.loads(loadDataStr),0,0,0,0,0 ) )

i tried to print argsList[0] and got :

S''
p0

something is not good for pickle...

Ok, nice work. something that would be interesting to see is what is it supposed to load ? ( or more exactly, what is saved exactly through those methods ?)
could you print out saveDataStr from the onSave() method ? (and maybe directly CvEventInterface.onEvent( ('onSave',0,0,0,0,0)) to see what that results looks like before the pickling.)

anyway, those debugging discussions would be easier in a chat i think. Would any of you be interested if i setup a discord server or something similar ? I tried the irc channel to limited results, so if anyone has any suggestion about what they would want to see, i'm open to that.

For OnSave data the same

I found original python package and placed pickle.py to the Warlord/Assets/Python/system/email

game stabilazed a bit - but i still see sometimes event python errors - still i got to 594 turn

%TEMP%

In windows 10 it is c:\users\username\appdata\local\temp\

python errors related CvWBInterface and CvSpellInterface resolved by replacing string.py

something really strange

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvWBInterface", line 18, in writeDesc

File "CvWBDesc", line 1568, in write

File "CvUtil", line 169, in pyPrint

File "CvUtil", line 140, in write

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function writeDesc failed, module CvWBInterface

solved by replace of string.py from oroginal python source package

Warlord/Assets/Python/system
i put there string.py and later string.pyc was created - original string.pyc was renamed to string.org

Ok, looking at that folder, i already have a string.pyc there. But i cannot find the string.py file anywhere in the Civ4 install folder . (i need to understand what you did as accurately as possible, to help others)

1 download https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.4.1/Python-2.4.1.tgz
2 unpack to python-source (for example)
3 rename <Civ4_Folder>\Warlord\Assets\Python\system\string.pyc to string.org
4 copy string.py from python-source\lib to <Civ4_Folder>\Warlord\Assets\Python\system\

Discord? or some other ways of realtime conversation?

1 download https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.4.1/Python-2.4.1.tgz
2 unpack to python-source (for example)
3 rename <Civ4_Folder>\Warlord\Assets\Python\system\string.pyc to string.org
4 copy string.py from python-source\lib to <Civ4_Folder>\Warlord\Assets\Python\system\

Discord? or some other ways of realtime conversation?

I'll give this a go, as not much else has worked for me. It'll be awhile before I can get a chance to test, but I will report back when I can.

I hit the world builder issue ~10 new games in a row yesterday (trying both play now, World of Erebus, and custom game) with no luck. Switching to "Run as administrator", fixed it, but I think it was a fluke because I had previously done that a few days ago and it hadn't helped, so I disabled it to get rid of the annoying admin prompts.

So, i've started work on a revamp of the magic system. (It's not a major rework, i just intend to add a magical power stat, that will serve as an added requirement for the stronger spells, and play a role in some effect calculations). It's part of the AI work on magic. I'd like to get an idea of which spells are better than average, which ones are worse, so i opened a doc where people can put their thoughts :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mZxKhTfPDEVrCgjG22AKFddfWiCeqCZtH826e__Zgsg/edit#gid=0

if you want to participate, just take a column, put your nickname and give a grade and some remarks about each of the spells

Speaking of spells, does anyone else miss Chalid being able to cast pillar of fire? I know it was OP. And like not even borderline, just OP. But that's why I loved it.

Also, taking a column.

I ´m a bit sad about the map choices that are left at the moment. I really miss the big maps like lakes, where everything is on the same continent. Lakes is my alltime favourite though, I hope you might bring it back soon .-).

The 'Awakened' Pegasus seems invincible at turn around 200. They can fly and attack multiple times per turn with huge strength so their attack is unpredictable and unstoppable at that time. How about preventing them from getting Awakened promotion? Or can I do it for myself by modifying one or two files? How? :help:

P.S. It is lunar calendar new year's eve tonight. Happy new year black_imperator and everyone!

Top Bottom