Final Fixes Reborn

What is it in particular? Maybe I can aid. 90% chance I can't but am still curious.

that's a bug that happens on certain computers for some reason on the svn version that causes python to go mostly awry causing crashes, event and spells malfunctioning, ... I've tested plenty of stuff but since i cannot test it myself ( not happening on my computers) it's been a pain to try and debug. Latest theory is that it has something to do with cacheing files.

I'm getting a consistent crash to desktop (running the SVN version on a windows 10 machine on steam) I get a consistent crash at around turn 140-150 with almost every game I'm playing. I had this same issue before the latest revision too. I've uploaded my manual save and the autosave before the crash.

Attachments

• Corane Turn_0111.CivBeyondSwordSave
    353.2 KB · Views: 71
  • AutoSave_Turn_0121.CivBeyondSwordSave
    369.4 KB · Views: 60
@black_imperator I found really strange behavior:

in case that folder PublicMaps absent from mod - game keep crashing on different places, once i placed such directory with files - crashes stopped.

Moreover, is it possible for you to make commit of debug version to the DLL to SVN ?

With SVN 303 -- strange crash - debbugger show

CvGameCoreDLL!CvActionInfo::isCtrlDownAlt+0x380:
05d65c50 8a8177030000 mov al,byte ptr [ecx+377h] ds:002b:00000377=??

Last edited:
that's a bug that happens on certain computers for some reason on the svn version that causes python to go mostly awry causing crashes, event and spells malfunctioning, ... I've tested plenty of stuff but since i cannot test it myself ( not happening on my computers) it's been a pain to try and debug. Latest theory is that it has something to do with cacheing files.
You know there is an easy way to test your hypothesis that it's SVN related.
Just package your current SVN build as a zip file, preferably using the actual files on your PC and not the stuff you already uploaded to the SVN servers (to avoid corruption creeping in). Than distribute that file over a different download service (like you did with the stable version) and ask the people experiancing python issues with the SVN build to download and instal this "test" version as a separate module.

If the python bug persists it's not a SVN issue but an issue in your code.

Because otherwise I'd say that there is a 50/50 chance it's literally just a download corruption issue on part of the SVN. Or like maybe the file names are too long after download and the file gets corrupted, that sort of stuff.

Also get them to test out different SVN clients as well as just download the SVN files to one folder and than copy-paste them into the game folder as opposed to keeping the game folder as the reference path for the SVN software. Because that might actually be causing permission issues in windows if two software are struggling for access to the same file. You see that last thing creep up from time to time on computers where you have a folder with images or something that you've just fiddled it and you can't delete it because "some other application is using this file" or some such error.

Spoiler :

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvAppInterface", line 56, in onLoad

File "e:/main/civilization4/warlords/assets/python/system\pickle.py", line 1394, in loads

File "e:/main/civilization4/warlords/assets/python/system\pickle.py", line 872, in load

File "e:/main/civilization4/warlords/assets/python/system\pickle.py", line 985, in load_string

File "e:/main/civilization4/warlords/assets/python/system\encodings\__init__.py", line 96, in search_function

File "<string>", line 35, in load_module

File "<string>", line 9, in _get_code

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function onLoad failed, module CvAppInterface

File "CvAppInterface", line 64, in preGameStart

File "CvUtil", line 412, in initDynamicFontIcons

File "CvUtil", line 432, in addIconToMap

File "CvUtil", line 108, in convertToStr

File "e:/main/civilization4/warlords/assets/python/system\encodings\__init__.py", line 96, in search_function

ERR: Python function preGameStart failed, module CvAppInterface

File "<string>", line 1, in ?

Failed to load python module CvWBInterface.
ERR: Call function writeDesc failed. Can't find module CvWBInterface

strange python error on game load

Further debuging revealed that mod tries to access pickle.py and __init__.py from warlord/assets/python/system/email

looking at python it seems mod having troubles with unicode...but i dont use any non english characters in any directories names

yeah, it's particularly weird since the crash comes from parts of the code that are native to BtS. Did you check the latest update by the way, i added the Debug dll that you asked for.

why it can crash on :

CvGameCoreDLL!CvNetJoinGroup::Debug+0x37a398:
05f581f1 8a8077030000 mov al,byte ptr [eax+377h] ds:002b:00000377=??

?

@cthom which speed?

@black_imperator
On wine tests shown following

0009:trace:msvcrt:MSVCRT___RTDynamicCast obj: 0x26425c48 unknown: 0 src: 0x1f3d8ac {vtable=0x1ec99cc name=.?AVCvSpellInfo@@ ()} dst: 0x1f4082c {vtable=0x1ec99cc name=.?AVwrapper_base@detail@python@boost@@ ()} do_throw: 0)

it seems we have problematic cast

Top Bottom