Final Fixes Reborn

Happy new year to you too ^^

The way animals work is simple : they get a strength boost for x turns after creation, with x depending on the handicap level and the speed. For example, at Deity level normal speed, they get their first strength boost 35 turns after creation, the second after 70 turns, and so on. After 4 strength boosts they get the awakened Promotion.

To change that, you can either modify iAnimalEscalationTurnsElapsed in CIV4HandicapInfo.xml to increase the value and slow their strength boosts, or modify the PROMOTION_AWAKENED entry, and especially the iPrereqStrBoostSize tag to require more strength boost before it kicks in.

I'm open to balance discussion on those ^^

(As a general reminder, discord chat for the mod is here : https://discord.gg/H3uqZN8
old dev diaries and future dev diaries themes are here : https://docs.google.com/document/d/14P90zYvnsodp-PLfRDmAehvX--nuhGV6yhKZMUxy9NI/edit you can vote on what will be the next dev diary topic)

Speaking of balance , I don't know if this has been changed but in the stable version the Kuriotates worldspell is really weak. It's supposed to add extra culture to all your cities but its like 200 or 500 or something and that's not even a level most of the time so it's just a waste.

Speaking of balance , I don't know if this has been changed but in the stable version the Kuriotates worldspell is really weak. It's supposed to add extra culture to all your cities but its like 200 or 500 or something and that's not even a level most of the time so it's just a waste.
I have always seen it as a way to either give your core 3 cities their 3 rings as soon as you have built the 3rd, or you wait until you have built a load of settlements and give them all 3 culture levels. Very useful in either case.

Just updated to latest SVN, and I've had several first-turn crashes. I've only done a few tests, but so far it's only crashed on some custom games. I'm just posting here in case someone already knows what's causing it.

Also, I wanted to write some more lore for the Cualli, but do they have any made already? What's the basis?

EDIT: I think it's the "Blessings of Amatheon" option. Which sucks- I like playing with that

Last edited:
Not aware of any specific crash issues, can you get me the autosave of the initial turn ?

As for the Cualli, they're a group of lizardmen that were saved by Aeron during the age of Ice who turned them into a bloodthirsty race that is only ruled by the law of the strong. Their two main particularities are the Priesthood of Aeron, full of blood magic and sacrifices to strengthen themselves and very skilled assassins, as the leaders tend to kill each other very easily.

I think it's from the "Blessings of Amatheon" option (the one that doubles unit bonuses - 10% bonus strength becomes 20% bonus strength, and so on). Where would that be saved?

Also, what's the logic behind their locked religion? Plenty of other civs have a sort of traditional faith or association with a deity, but that usually doesn't prevent them from adopting one of the major religions. The Clan of Embers in particular comes to mind.

The general idea is that their religion is much more integral to their society than in other cases. (In addition, lorewise Aeron is quite the selfish egotist, it makes sense he wouldn't want to share his followers). In the case of the Clan, Bhall is one of the main godesses of the Ashen Veil, so it would make sense for them to have some unique version of that religion ( like the Mazatl). I might get to that at some point.

Savefiles are in User/My Docs/My Games/BTS

I guess, but I wouldn't mind opening it to other faiths - isn't Aeron also a part of the Ashen Veil? Or am I mistaken?

EDIT: I've just done some more tests. Other custom game options are crashing too. Basically anything besides the default settings are crashing.

Also, here's the save:

EDIT: The crashes seem to be entirely random after further testing.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_Turn_0001.CivBeyondSwordSave
    67.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Hey just peeping in - I see work continues on refining the game. Any near term goals for an official update? I may have some input if this is a good time;

Quick question. Is it a bug on my end or does the Queen of the Line unit really have no combat animations?

I noticed (SVN Revision 315) that not all of the Emergent Leaders have had their Level 2 and Level 3 Traits completed. Are plans finalized for those or are you still looking for suggestions? I don't claim to have the best ideas, but happy to suggest stuff just to get discussion going and people thinking.

Here's the list for potential Emergent leaders that aren't finalized yet, and their general theme :

Tya Kiri, Amurites : Unready (stronger arcane units but with potential backlash)

Angaad, Bannor : ?? (offensive warfare and conquest oriented, maybe boost to flagbearers)

Tethira, Bannor : Instructor ( focuses on unit training and command system)

Goodreau, Grigori : Up to discussion, see Cassiel and Goodreau pedia entries

Raitlor, Illians : ?? (this one involves a key change of gameplay for the Illians, at it represens the Illians after the defeat of Auric, meaning they cannot work towards ascension. It's possible that it may end up being more complicated than the default Emergent structure)

Athel Revus, Khazad : Slaver (slavery, capture and cash)

Blackheart, Lanun : Demon of the Deep (Drowning, Pillaging and Krakens)

Gimil, Luchuirp : Craftsmaster (Golems)

Kane, Malakim : Warlord (?) (represents the malakim pre-Empyrean, less focus on disciples, more on warfare)

Rivanna the Wraith Lord : ?? ( focus on summons and shadow magic)

Plus a few where the theme is less clear in my mind (Thanatos, Ophelia, Zaria)

That's for the existing ones, there's also a couple of upcoming leaders ( at least one hippus, one elohim, one mercurian, a couple of infernals, one cualli)

I think you should make Ophelia a historical leader a la Decius. Where does she come from anyway?

Kane should probably just be a historical leader.

Top Bottom