Final Fixes Reborn

Ok, new problem, I can start a game just fine, but I cannot load it again, the game CTD's when I try to load my save or any of the Autosaves (even the turn 1 autosave), I have attached the saves (the save, turn 1 auto, and most recent autosave, I can supply the intermediary saves too if you want)
which modules have you turned on? I suffered such loading problem with default six modules on. Since disabling of some conflicting modules, loading has been OK. Please check AoE launcher and reconfigure modules. I usually enable 4 or 5 modules such as Bannor chain, PPQ flavor, Frozen, More events and Dural.

which modules have you turned on? I suffered such loading problem with default six modules on. Since disabling of some conflicting modules, loading has been OK. Please check AoE launcher and reconfigure modules. I usually enable 4 or 5 modules such as Bannor chain, PPQ flavor, Frozen, More events and Dural.

Thanks, disabling 'Greatest People' stopped the crash on load for a new game, but not the old save files for which the module was enabled, it seems to conflict with 'Bannor chain of command'

Quick question, as my google-fu has failed me, and the civpedia entry doesnt give much useful information; Aspirants, how do they work? More specifically, how does what traits they have get determined? Do they get stronger over time? more information is needed to strategise when using them, because in my current game (multiplayer with a friend), I am playing as Mekara and have a couple of aspirants, but the bonus is pretty weak, being essentially a free magic resistance promotion, not that a free promotion is neccesarily a bad thing, but if that is all there is to it, it would be good to know that

Can Stephanos cause unhappiness in far away cities? My people has been feared by him since he was created but I could not find him anywhere by hawks for more than 20 turns. At this turn he was killed and the event sign indicates somewhere unrevealed yet.

Edit : I found him in a previous savefile with Worldbuilder. He was about 21 tiles away from my border city(Standard map). Please consider reducing the fearing-range of Stephanos. :)

Last edited:
I just clicked scoreboard to enter diplomacy screen and, to my surprise, I found all my neighbor leaders were changed to Sid Meier's portrait. What's happening? :eek:
(and the leaders name are all Bhall)

Last edited:
Can Stephanos cause unhappiness in far away cities? My people has been feared by him since he was created but I could not find him anywhere by hawks for more than 20 turns. At this turn he was killed and the event sign indicates somewhere unrevealed yet.

Edit : I found him in a previous savefile with Worldbuilder. He was about 21 tiles away from my border city(Standard map). Please consider reducing the fearing-range of Stephanos. :)
Stephanos' fear range is the whole map ^^

I just clicked scoreboard to enter diplomacy screen and, to my surprise, I found all my neighbor leaders were changed to Sid Meier's portrait. What's happening? :eek:
(and the leaders name are all Bhall)
Absolutely no idea what happened here.

Quick question, as my google-fu has failed me, and the civpedia entry doesnt give much useful information; Aspirants, how do they work? More specifically, how does what traits they have get determined? Do they get stronger over time? more information is needed to strategise when using them, because in my current game (multiplayer with a friend), I am playing as Mekara and have a couple of aspirants, but the bonus is pretty weak, being essentially a free magic resistance promotion, not that a free promotion is neccesarily a bad thing, but if that is all there is to it, it would be good to know that
Their initial bonus is magic and disease resistance, and they get a couple of additional ones with time, extra strength and better healing

Steam, SVN beta. I'm getting a persistent CtD after clicking end turn with the uploaded Elohim save. The only unusual thing happening is my culture expanding to include the Yggdrasil tree.

Earlier in a different game I also got a reproducable CtD when founding my capital city on an Ancient Tower. In fact, I seem to remember that bug being present 10 years ago as well. :D

Attachments

• Elohim3.CivBeyondSwordSave
    763.7 KB · Views: 199
Possibly missing something, but my launcher module display is claiming a lot of cross issues (hamstalfar being a real problem apparently, trying to get rid of it). using the 319 revision via SVN.
Also, what changed RE jotnar now running +3 city radius not +1?

Possibly missing something, but my launcher module display is claiming a lot of cross issues (hamstalfar being a real problem apparently, trying to get rid of it). using the 319 revision via SVN.
Also, what changed RE jotnar now running +3 city radius not +1?
i'll check deactivating the hamstalfar, but the module manager of the launcher seems to be detecting more issues than are actually there.

As for the Jotnar, at some point during their implementation in RifE, they were reworked, the +3 city radius being part of that. They were never properly balanced though and ended up being deactivated from the mod . I have a plan to rework them down the line

Another end-of-turn crash with the Sheaim. For what it's worth, I haven't had any crashes with the 2014 download.

Attachments

• Sheaim2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    521.5 KB · Views: 180
i'll check deactivating the hamstalfar, but the module manager of the launcher seems to be detecting more issues than are actually there.

As for the Jotnar, at some point during their implementation in RifE, they were reworked, the +3 city radius being part of that. They were never properly balanced though and ended up being deactivated from the mod . I have a plan to rework them down the line

Think i agree; i've certainly been able to run with only the usual amount of CTD. Having check the civpedia i can see the attempts RE the 'mini palace' style buildings, i can see the sense of jotnar being giants taking up larger domains.

Unrelated, but what's the purpose of the auric ulvin unit? (not the ascended one obviously!) Also, he's not got the winterborn trait.

Doubly unrelated; GREAT MOD 10/10 caps lock for emphasis!

Another end-of-turn crash with the Sheaim. For what it's worth, I haven't had any crashes with the 2014 download.
The elohim one seems to be related the dyn trait system somehow. I'm looking into it right now. Will check this one after.

Think i agree; i've certainly been able to run with only the usual amount of CTD. Having check the civpedia i can see the attempts RE the 'mini palace' style buildings, i can see the sense of jotnar being giants taking up larger domains.

Unrelated, but what's the purpose of the auric ulvin unit? (not the ascended one obviously!) Also, he's not got the winterborn trait.

Doubly unrelated; GREAT MOD 10/10 caps lock for emphasis!
For Auric, the main point is to add a weakness to the Illians in early game. Because if Auric dies, you lose your leader traits, and ascension won't be possible. Lorewise it makes sense as Auric tended to command his troops in the field early in his reign.

And thanks ^^

having a really weird series of bugs when playing mekara order, the sluga workers double in numbers when you pass though cities but only if their being lead, later they more then double in numbers when building holy sites (one of my groups got to 4,000+ slugas!!) then they double+in size every turn after at, another bug is when I try turning a slave into a battle sluga I get a lot of battle slugas and the game freezes up and crashes (note when the worker slugas double+ when building holy sites the game lagged for about a minute but didnt crash)

im currently playing the beta version and will continue to report more bugs when I see them

ps awesome game thank you guys for making it and continuing making it even better

The pedia should have a good chunk of useful info. We're in the process of reviewing the strategy texts for them to be more useful too. If you have any specific question, or feel something is missing, i can answer and add it.

having a really weird series of bugs when playing mekara order, the sluga workers double in numbers when you pass though cities but only if their being lead, later they more then double in numbers when building holy sites (one of my groups got to 4,000+ slugas!!) then they double+in size every turn after at, another bug is when I try turning a slave into a battle sluga I get a lot of battle slugas and the game freezes up and crashes (note when the worker slugas double+ when building holy sites the game lagged for about a minute but didnt crash)

im currently playing the beta version and will continue to report more bugs when I see them

ps awesome game thank you guys for making it and continuing making it even better
i'll check that. I remember it being an issue a while ago, but i thought i had fixed it.

im having a weird bug, for some reason, my CivilizationIV.ini file on my documents resets sometimes when i quit the game and all the changes i made go back to default ( i changed only the auto save interval to 2 instead of 5, activated debug mode, and enabled mouse scrolling in windowed mode, everything else is the same), and when it does reset, and i try to load a game, my Civilization changes from Bannor to Amurites, and this affects some of the others civ in the game aswell, i had to change to a previous version of the .ini file and load a savegame of several turns before in order to fix it, i say the problem is tied to the .ini file because it has happend on several other matches aswell

Im using the last version of the SVN btw

Last edited:
Any reason the text is bold on all the descriptions for everything? It's cutting stuff off and an eyesore. I just downloaded today

im having a weird bug, for some reason, my CivilizationIV.ini file on my documents resets sometimes when i quit the game and all the changes i made go back to default ( i changed only the auto save interval to 2 instead of 5, activated debug mode, and enabled mouse scrolling in windowed mode, everything else is the same), and when it does reset, and i try to load a game, my Civilization changes from Bannor to Amurites, and this affects some of the others civ in the game aswell, i had to change to a previous version of the .ini file and load a savegame of several turns before in order to fix it, i say the problem is tied to the .ini file because it has happend on several other matches aswell

Im using the last version of the SVN btw
I have absolutely no idea what is happening there. Though i think i've got similar report. I'll investigate to see if i can find something.

Any reason the text is bold on all the descriptions for everything? It's cutting stuff off and an eyesore. I just downloaded today
That sounds like you don't have 3.19. If you're using steam, you need to opt-in to the "unsupported-original release" beta.

Top Bottom