Final Fixes Reborn

Hi! Is there a chance to include the mods that augment the simulation level, please? Like the Realistic Culture Spread, Surround and Destroy, Unofficial BTS Patch? I consider those basic achievements of the modern Civ modding.

It would be really nice to have all the Civ improving mods implemented in Ashes of Erebus.

Those should be independent mods, though I know them thanks to the RoM AND mod.

Hi! Is there a chance to include the mods that augment the simulation level, please? Like the Realistic Culture Spread, Surround and Destroy, Unofficial BTS Patch? I consider those basic achievements of the modern Civ modding.

It would be really nice to have all the Civ improving mods implemented in Ashes of Erebus.

Those should be independent mods, though I know them thanks to the RoM AND mod.

I encountered "Realistic Culture Spread" and "Surround and Destroy" as Game Options in Caveman 2 Cosmos, I didn't know they were independent mods (or mod components?), I don't remember the Unofficial BtS Patch, but maybe that was incorporated in C2C also. I haven't played C2C in a while, but they did have some interesting Game Options back when I was playing. I don't know how well the AI handles something like Surround and Destroy, but something like Realistic Culture Spread just happens on its own, so don't really need to to worry about the AI there,

IIRC surround and destroy was just flat out AI unfriendly. And honestly I see absolutely no reason to include the other two if you ask me. Especially not at this point where you guys have not released a proper stable version for years. The last thing you need is a new slew of systems you are unfamiliar with messing with everything.

IIRC surround and destroy was just flat out AI unfriendly. And honestly I see absolutely no reason to include the other two if you ask me. Especially not at this point where you guys have not released a proper stable version for years. The last thing you need is a new slew of systems you are unfamiliar with messing with everything.

I can't speak for others, but for my part, I was just commenting generally that there were some interesting ideas in C2C, that's all, but I certainly don't consider any of those Game Options to be essential. And although I'm not a programmer, I definitely agree with you that trying to incorporate mod components designed for regular unmodded BtS into a mod that has made so many changes to BtS could cause a lot of unforeseen problems.

Surround and Destroy will probably not happen, due to the AI issues you mentioned.

Realistic Culture might happen when i do some tweaks about culture, but that's a long way off.

Unofficial BTS patch has been partly implemented already for a while now. Not sure about most of it though.

Hello AOE peoples, My computer decided to go poof and wiped everything. Took quite some times to sort everything in my new PC out so I probably missed alot of news.

Are all those 'new' modules such as Researh Grants and Reformed Lich up to date and playable? I remembered those from ROE era.

Alot of modules report conflicts between them whereas in the previous version didn't have as much, what happens? Is it just a temporary incompat between the revision?. I decided to play it anyway and it works fine I think. Only glaring bugs is Chislev Republic missing all Icons when used alongside Dural.

Also yay for PPQ Flavor Module releases. That was a long wait. :thumbsup:

Both the Research Grants and Reformed Liches use a weird module structure, with several options available in the same module. So far, we've just confirmed they were not causing major issues, but haven't fully investigated whether they worked as intended or a better way to provide those options. The rest of them should be working

Also yay for PPQ Flavor Module releases. That was a long wait. :thumbsup:
Next one is most likely set for next new year. I have a lot of models to work on, clean up etc. And it's a heat wave.

Next one is most likely set for next new year. I have a lot of models to work on, clean up etc. And it's a heat wave.

Best of luck! I didn't know the heatwave they talking about was that serious because in Asia it's always hot like this. :lol:

EDIT. BRW can someone give me a quick rundown on what the new traits system does? Can you gain trait when you pplay as historic leader? Or is it finished yet?

Best of luck! I didn't know the heatwave they talking about was that serious because in Asia it's always hot like this. :lol:
Here in Europe we just aren't used to having to run the AC after dark and 30 degrees C is considered to be a cause seriously considering the option of hell having erupted onto the surface.

The new trait system concerns only emergent leaders, and not all of them have been finished yet (basically, those whose trait is "XXX - level 1" use this new system). Emergent leaders can upgrade their trait during the game, gaining new features and bonuses. You upgrade your trait by gaining leader XP, which you receive by doing thematic actions (for Naxus it can be for example summoning skeletons and spectres, for Reorx building mines and founding the runes of Kilmorph, etc.).
As for the heat wave, 30°C is common in southern Europe in summer, yet some regions have had temperatures above 40°C. But if you're from northern Europe, I can understand you find it very hot.

Here in Europe we just aren't used to having to run the AC after dark and 30 degrees C is considered to be a cause seriously considering the option of hell having erupted onto the surface.

Have you considered turn off Armageddon Counter yet? Makes early game more managable :lol:

And thanks very much Azatote. I thought it was bugged due to having many conflicted modules loaded.

Ah ok. I will enable the module back if that's the case.

And I completely forgot to ask. I use the latest SVN version and there's something like debug options left. First is every units are able to cast loyalty and Enrage. Another is the player are given a warrior and an adept when founding a city. How do I turn that off? Or just ignore it?

Also, if it hasnt already been done. Archos scorpions suck, like really really suck. Is there a way to tweak them a little bit? Like +1 strength and ability to be promoted to swarm etc

OK found it. It was on MPL module. Which I had no idea what does either. Must've forgot to turn it off. Thanks for troubleshooting.

Still alive!!! Do we have a new version out now? Also, where do I find these "Modules"

Modules are modmodmod that can be enable and disable. You can find them in your AOE launcher. However, normal version you get from just downloading Ashes of Erebus might not have a lot of them and most are already activated. The SVN version is packing with many modules from RiFE era which has been update with the latest AOE.

Top Bottom