Final Fixes Reborn

Also now I get an error message telling me to start a new game from the Play Now option before playing a custom game, which I have done but nothing changes and I still get the error message

Looks like our old friend the mysterious python bug. I'm experiencing issues with the brand new revision as well, it may have introduced new issues. There should be a new revision coming soon to fix this. In the meantime, you can try to revert back to revision 333 (right click on your installation folder, TortoiseSVN / Update to revision), which should be stabler.

just to say that I often have saves that CTD on loading.
and sometimes, after a few restart of the game, they load well.... (same save, same game, same clicks.... it's like there is much randomization during loading of AoR ) (at a time I often had a first loading that opened the game without any UI... and a restart + load brought it back)

Are you using revision 334 or 333? The DLL update in rev334 seems to have introduced much instability, though what exactly is causing it remains a mystery.

oï...
I'll have to check... I synchronized early-july I think.

OK, so it's no issue with rev334, which was uploaded two days ago. There have been a few issues like the ones you're encountering for a while, but they affect only a percentage of users, and they occur relatively rarely. Rev334 has suddenly made things worse, while no change made in this revision can explain the recrudescence of bugs. So if you're already having trouble, I recommend you to update to revision 333 (right click on your installation folder, TortoiseSVN / Update to revision), which is as far as I know the most stable recent one.

Hello! When you say Chislev Republic, are you referring to my Chislev+/Chislev Expansion module?

Are you still having the issue? If so, can you be specific as to which icons are missing?

It works fine now, however, some mechanics like a unit can come from different tribes either not working or too complex for me to understand. Also it keeps throwing up conflicts with Dural module so I choose to keep Dural and disabled Chislev for a time being.

About Icons, when using alongside Dural, I remembered the 5 mini tribal leader icons missing. Haven't thoroughly checked tho.

Minor issue, not a bug, so posting here instead of in the bug reporting thread.

The Master of Alteration promotion requires Master of Life and Nature, which requires Life 3 and Nature 3. But it's the Divination tech, not Alteration, that allows building a Life Mana node.

Similarly, Master of Divination requires Master of Creation, which requires Creation 3, but it's the Alteration tech, not Divination, that allows building a Creation node.

So to be consistent, I would suggest flipping this around in one of two ways:

1) Change Master of Life and Nature to Master of Creation and Nature, requiring Creation 3 and Nature 3, and change Master of Creation to Master of Life, requiring Life 3. To keep things simple, don't change the effects of the "Master" promotions in question.

2) Alternatively, switch Creation Mana to Divination and Life Mana to Alteration. Might be easier to program, which is why I suggest it, but I prefer my first proposed solution.

Thanks for reporting! Fixed for next commit, with your first suggestion. The effects of the modified promotions are thematically a bit weird, I might change them later.

It works fine now, however, some mechanics like a unit can come from different tribes either not working or too complex for me to understand. Also it keeps throwing up conflicts with Dural module so I choose to keep Dural and disabled Chislev for a time being.

About Icons, when using alongside Dural, I remembered the 5 mini tribal leader icons missing. Haven't thoroughly checked tho.

Thanks for the reply! I created a pedia entry under "Fall from Heaven Concepts" that explains everything about the Chislev+ module in-depth. For the tribe mechanism in particular: as long as you're running the Tribal Law civic, all units you create can belong to one of five tribes randomly. The exception is if the city you build the unit in has a main Tribal Totem - then the unit is guaranteed to be from whatever tribal type that city is.

Interestingly, I also have the Dural module and don't experience any issues, icons or otherwise. What other conflicts were you getting outside of missing icons?

Playing as the Scions, I noticed that they can still build the Salthouse. Just would like to renew my suggestion that, unless someone comes up with a Scion UB replacement for the Salthouse, the Salthouse be blocked for the Scions, since their cities don't grow with food, so it's useless for them.

One more thing on the Scions. I still can't adopt the Glory civic after having researched Engineering.

For the salthouse, it's up to @Derf to decide whether to create a new UB or to block the building, since it is its module. I would favor the second option, I think the Scions have enough buildings with the healthcare module.

I am pretty sure that the Scions are not the sort of undead that would benefit from something that preserves walking skeletons and the like.

Top Bottom