Final Fixes Reborn

is this normal that so many moduls are missing or did i something wrong?

Attachments

• Anmerkung 2020-07-29 235747.jpg
    Anmerkung 2020-07-29 235747.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 173
That would be much more reasonable. In most of my cities, the only production is the 1 hammer from the city tile itself. :p

2 is a good number; it's significant without being crippling.

I think these numbers stack if more units are around that cause frightening. So Stephanos might be just +2 but with other agares minions around the unhappiness penalty might be increased, but I ´m not certain about it.

is this normal that so many moduls are missing or did i something wrong?

you can right click on the module you want to activate and set setting "load in any pass" after that refresh and it ´s done. But I suggest not to activate all modules but only the ones you really prefer as the game becomes unstable the more modules are running and it increases chances for game crash. Silver circle is stable, also saila the everchanting and this guardians of Nagortha or whatever it is called. ;-)
- emergent leaders and chislev expansion are nice though, but might sometimes cause crashes and conflicts with other modules.

Also note that when you change modules you can´t use your old savegames anymore.

Btw. is there any trigger how to increases chances minister Koun is claiming one of your cities, or is it totally random? I often see him in game, but he is never taken one of my cities.

Great mod, i wish i knew about it years ago! Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place but I had a question. I'm using the stable version of Ashes of Erebus and I was trying to change the names of the ranks in Bannor Chain of Command, but when i change the Master Sarge name to say Tester, the Corporals will but the Sergeants won't follow him and he keeps the Sergeant and Tester promotion. I changed all files in the BCoC folder that contained Master Seargent (2 dds images, TXT_KEYS, and Promotion infos) and looked everywhere but I can't find what I'm doing wrong. So my question is where/how do BCoC ranks determine if they're higher lower or not connected to other promotions?

Great mod, i wish i knew about it years ago! Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place but I had a question. I'm using the stable version of Ashes of Erebus and I was trying to change the names of the ranks in Bannor Chain of Command, but when i change the Master Sarge name to say Tester, the Corporals will but the Sergeants won't follow him and he keeps the Sergeant and Tester promotion. I changed all files in the BCoC folder that contained Master Seargent (2 dds images, TXT_KEYS, and Promotion infos) and looked everywhere but I can't find what I'm doing wrong. So my question is where/how do BCoC ranks determine if they're higher lower or not connected to other promotions?
Hi,
I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do here. if you just want to change the name of the promotion, just the TXT_KEY is enough. If you want to modify the order of hierarchy, you'll need to go in python, in CvSpellInterface.py in the method findCommander

Ok, it looks like I was just over complicating the name change, and findCommander was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

I'm playing as the Bannor, and got hit with a global +5 unhappiness when Stephanos spawned. The malus was labelled "There are frightening units nearby", even though he spawned on the other side of the world. Is this intentional? If so, it is far too harsh and global; all my cities have essentially ground to a halt; I can produce nothing.
I had this issue as well and thought 5 unhappiness was unreasonable so I changed it to 2 for myself.
In case you or anyone else wants to change it here's how to do it:
1. Go to Ashes of Erebus/Assets/XML/Units/CIV4PromotionInfos.xml
2. Find section PROMOTION_STEPHANOS
3. Edit the value inside <fHappy> from -5 to whatever you like. I put it to -2.

I've had an odd problem in a game I just bailed at playing as Elohim. Suddenly, my units stopped being able to cast or use abilities. Captured animals couldn't use the Hunter's Prize as Elohim or cast their blood spells. Also couldn't build Lumbermills. Really, really odd. Bug or feature?

Ok, it happened again, playing as Austrin. I'm starting to suspect that the problem might be related to saving/reloading. I had created a few Expedition to start founding cities with explorers and after a particularly crappy outcome (an explorer unit I had been nurturing very carefully had a REALLY bad result from a lair) I reloaded and boom, again, no basic abilities. The expedition ritual is not available. I uploaded two saves one as Elohim, one as Austrin with the same problem.

I updated the mod via SVN and started another game as Austrin. The same problem happened again. I'll upload the third save...the problem is even worse. Can't cast dispel magic or scorch or spring. Is this the right place to post bugs?

Attachments

• Fakkers.CivBeyondSwordSave
    823.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Fakkers2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    579.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Fakkers3.CivBeyondSwordSave
    884.2 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Ok, it happened again, playing as Austrin. I'm starting to suspect that the problem might be related to saving/reloading. I had created a few Expedition to start founding cities with explorers and after a particularly crappy outcome (an explorer unit I had been nurturing very carefully had a REALLY bad result from a lair) I reloaded and boom, again, no basic abilities. The expedition ritual is not available. I uploaded two saves one as Elohim, one as Austrin with the same problem.

I updated the mod via SVN and started another game as Austrin. The same problem happened again. I'll upload the third save...the problem is even worse. Can't cast dispel magic or scorch or spring. Is this the right place to post bugs?

Yeah, this is the right place for bugreports. :)

Sounds like a phython issue to me. Please go under your \AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache folder and delete the files in there, after that try to load your game again. Always when you start a new game you should delete cache and also when you get problems while your current game is advanced progress.

If your problems don ´t get solved with cache cleaning, you might check your installation too, or you can try to delete the other mods and make a new civ beyond the sword installation, some other mods might change files of the original game that causes trouble to AOE.

Jerrian is right that it looks like a python error. Can you tell me which modules you were using so that i can check the save?

Jerrian is right that it looks like a python error. Can you tell me which modules you were using so that i can check the save?
Ok, I just load all the modules that come with the launcher.

PS: I deleted the cache and started playing as the Archos. My shamans can't cast scorch.

Attachments

• modules.JPG
    modules.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Ok, I just load all the modules that come with the launcher.

PS: I deleted the cache and started playing as the Archos. My shamans can't cast scorch.

If you haven't already, try starting a "Play Now" game to disable any hidden Options that might have remained from other mods. I've found that sometimes helps to clean things up.

I ended up nuking the mod folder and installing the 14.11 version. I tried everything. I even deleted the folder and resynched from the repository but kept getting worse and worse errors. Thanks for your suggestions, I'll stick to the stable version.

Top Bottom