1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fixes Reborn

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Ronkhar, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

I think the simplest would be that you don't lose the Shards when your unit get the Triforce promotion. And since the Shards are Items, then afterwards you can decide if you want that same unit to keep all three Shards, or if you want to split them among different units.

2. Dragonfabri

Dragonfabri Chieftain

I see that some civs have bonus food/prod/research yelds from trade routes, but how does it work exactly?
    Does it mean that, as long as a city has a trade route, that same city gets +50% food to its own base yelds? Does this bonus apply for each trade route in the city? (And if so, additively or multiplicatively?) Or does it only apply to the first trade route in each city, meaning 50% bonus once and that's it?

Also, where can I find info about how each Emergent leader levels up it's trait (and what bonus it can reach)? I like to plan my games beforehand!

Thanks as always for any answers!

3. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

hello, in RifE / AoE trade routes can bring you commerce but also food or production.
    so getting +50 to food from trade routes means that the food brought through trade routes see its yeild increased by 50%.

it has no impact on the food that comes from the yield of the tiles worked by your citizen.

The emergent leaders that have no description of what the trait does are not complete and are not playable yet.
    The other generaly seems to work as announced. (However the requirements to level the traits are not always explicit).

Dragonfabri likes this.
  4. Dragonfabri

Dragonfabri Chieftain

Very nice, didn't know that! So trade routes bring all kinds of yelds at once? Or how do I set what kind of yelds trade routes should bring? How is the amount determined? Do trade routes simply bring more yelds or do they transfer food/hammers from some city to the next?
    If there's a good page with info on how trade routes work in this modmods you can redirect me there no problem, otherwise I'd have several and annoying questions!

About Emergent leaders: well the description just lists a bonus (say, Elder Malasa trade route bonus/malus), but doesn't say anything about how it can level up, how it can do so, and what result you can achieve.

Thanks for the help btw!

5. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Not all of the Emergent Traits have been completed yet, as you can see from the Civilopedia: some have details only for Level 1, meaning that Levels 2 and 3 need to be done. There are also some Traits that go with Emergent Leaders, such as Caretaker, Elder, Strategist, Trader, that don't even list multiple levels, so those are also incomplete.

If I get an Emergent Leader with a Trait that hasn't been completed yet (I always play all random civs), I just start a new game.

For the Traits whose levels have been completed, you basically level up by doing things consistent with that Trait. In my current game, for example, I'm playing as Rizuruk of the Clan of Embers, whose Matriarch Trait gives bonuses to Heroes. From what I can tell, the way I've leveled up is by having my Heroes win battles, basically. With the Amurite leaders with traits like Hydromancer, Pyromancer, etc., you use spells with the corresponding Mana, and so on. Traits like Trader, or Strategist, there's nothing you can do right now, and I'm not sure how something like Trader would level up anyway, maybe by building buildings that increase Trade Routes and Trade Route Yields?

I've actually thought that the Leaders with Elder or Trader should be converted from Emergent Leaders to Minor Leaders, so they can acquire a second Trait, rather than trying to figure out how to level them up. (Strategist, on the other hand, is a Trait that could easily work with additional levels.)

6. Jaysyn

Jaysyn Chieftain

Can anyone tell me why I'm auto-declaring war on my next turn in this save?

Attached Files:

7. Jaysyn

Jaysyn Chieftain

This save CTD's @ turn 363 & I can't figure out why.

Attached Files:

8. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

Hi, i need you to tell me the version you're using and the modules you have currently activated so that i can check the save file.

9. Jaysyn

Jaysyn Chieftain

I'm sorry, in both instances above I'm using the latest CSV & the default modules.

10. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

thanks, i'll check them both.

11. Jerrian

Jerrian Chieftain

New SVN Version is up, thx for that :)

12. Samson

Samson Deity

Is it possible to have both the stable version and the SVN version installed on the same Civ4 install? Is there anything that should be noted in trying to do so?

13. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

yeah, you can, but you'll have to change the name of the folders each time you want to switch (both versions must be called Ashes of Erebus to work)

Samson likes this.
  14. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

Are you sure? I have downloaded the SVN version to a folder called AOEX and so far have zero problems running the game to test units. Although I have not used the launcher or played long games.

15. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

Well, i know that some files require the hardcoded paths (in the Resource folder)

16. Avaddon

Avaddon Chieftain

English is not my first language, so be gentle senpai.

I installed the complete edition from the GOG, dealt with the SVN.
    I didn't really figure out how to activate the mods (in addition, the game began to give errors and crash) and I decided to do with what is activated by default.
    I managed to play about 300-400 moves (yes, I love the marathon and "the end of winter"), when suddenly loading saves began to give an error and the game crashed.
    I tried to figure out what was the matter, but could not.
    Removed Civilization and Modification, as well as the game folder from "My Documents", keeping only the saves. The problem is that even after installing everything again, the error did not disappear.
    I have no idea what this could be. I did not change anything in the settings, I did not update anything through the SVN right before that to cause an incompatibility conflict. And most importantly, now an error occurs even when generating a world (in mod, in Beyond the sword - all OK).
    What to do? How to live? How to understand what could be the problem?
    I would be grateful for recommendations or for a tip on the topic (channel in Discord?) where I can write to solve the problem.

17. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

This sounds to me like a problem with your installation of the base game and not this mod. Try using Windows 7 compatibility and running the game as administrator.

Avaddon likes this.
  18. Avaddon

Avaddon Chieftain

A-a-a-a-aaand, it worked! Thank you very much.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  19. Samson

Samson Deity

I do not think you can post images like that here, with the data in the URL. You can upload it with the upload button below the message box.

20. Avaddon

Avaddon Chieftain

It's okay already.
    In my saves, a turn timer appeared from somewhere. I did not understand how to disable it, I tried to run saves as a network game, but there seems to be a ban on changing settings. Fortunately, after checking the saves 10 moves ago, I made sure that there is no timer.
    10 moves is not that much)

Samson likes this.