Final Fixes Reborn

don't know if it's been mentioned before, but the austrin shore party 'spell' used by ships only works if in a port instead of any coast tile.
also, the 'failed to compress..' bug re-appeared though much later in my game this time.

Here is an interesting case of the crash syndrome. This save game loads intermittently, and when it does the diplomatic options when you talk with other nations are unavailable . This stream of savegames will crash any turn now. Sometimes I have more success when I start a new game through the "play now" option NOT the custom game and then go back to this savegame. Settings to blame?

Attachments

• ral58 Turn_0432.CivBeyondSwordSave
    812.7 KB · Views: 37
Here is an interesting case of the crash syndrome. This save game loads intermittently, and when it does the diplomatic options when you talk with other nations are unavailable . This stream of savegames will crash any turn now. Sometimes I have more success when I start a new game through the "play now" option NOT the custom game and then go back to this savegame. Settings to blame?

Can confirm the broken diplomacy screen. Just downloaded the SVN version, updated to most recent, Win7 civ with all the patches, tried with two different civs - Mekara and Ljosalfar - game loads and saves load but whenever I try diplomacy (or meet a new civ) I see this:

Attachments

• brokenDiploScreen.png
    brokenDiploScreen.png
    461.2 KB · Views: 85
Also, Somnium isn't working. The card game thingie, think I'm naming it right, that doesn't work either.:sad:

Sorry if this is totally off-topic, but cannot contain my excitement over finding out that Ashes is still being worked on! My friends and I have basically played every strategy game out there, but we have remained with an 2015 (2014?) Ashes of Erebus version that we are still playing as nothing else has this replayability factor.

Absolutely great to see - you guys made my day!

... And now to score some really cheap points with the fellow strategists :)

one thing that would help me with the loading crash is for people to get the save.log file (in C:/User/My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword) when they save and store it somewhere and if the save crashes on load, upload both the log file and the save to me.

So uh, I did that thing in the first post for getting the old civolopedia again, and it worked. But now my scoreboard doesn't work so I have to bring up an advisor screen every time I want to trade with someone or even see how well I'm doing in score. It's kind of annoying and doesn't tell me which leaders are currently at peace with savages/animals/demons.

I haven't run into the loading crash yet - but I updated the svn download, tried a couple more civs, and diplomacy (and somnium) is still buggered. I 'updated' the svn to revision 225,24,23,22,21,and 220; still no diplo text, the diplomacy screen is still stubbornly blank. I've been starting new 'play now!' games and trying to encounter civilizations as fast as possible for a while now, and I haven't made any progress, so I'm stopping here.

Going to try the non-SVN download of the game, see if that works better.

ok, took me a while, but I can confirm that the downloaded version (not the SVN) - I think it said it was revision 85 in the notes on the first post? - does NOT have the diplomacy bug. Diplomacy works in that one. So it's definitely something happening in a more recent revision.

I can confirm the Diplomacy bug problem. Normally I can exit and restart the program and it goes away, settings again? Speaking of settings here is a Savegame with all sorts of fun stuff. I think the game thinks I am in multiplayer. It asks me which civilization I am in and then I have a timer which ends the turn! Hah!

Attachments

• Dain the Caswallawn Turn_0522_fun_fun.CivBeyondSwordSave
    989.5 KB · Views: 44
The diplomacy bug and some similar popped up on occasion when I switched to using Steam. I'm not entirely sure what all I did to fix things, but I know it's super-important to run the launcher as an administrator now. There's still the occasional "lol no interface" or "lol flat infinite grasslands" bug but they're uncommon and I assume related to the other problem, somehow the game isn't getting access to stuff it needs to run properly.

I've looked at C:/User/My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword and there is nothing like a save.log. I am using Steam, could it be putting it somewhere else?

Cheers,

Hi black imperator, thanks again for all your continued work. :)

Small bug report from my wife (haven't had time to play myself for a bit): playing with a slightly outdated svn, she started a game at classic era (rather than ancient). She couldn't switch civics to any of those civics that were enabled by the techs she recieved at start.

idk if still relevant, sorry if not:

..\Ashes of Erebus\Assets\XML\Units\CIV4SpellInfos.xml

currently:
Code:
		<SpellInfo>			<!-- Add to Freak Show (Hamstalfar) -->
			<Type>SPELL_ADD_TO_FREAK_SHOW_HAMSTALFAR</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_SPELL_ADD_TO_FREAK_SHOW</Description>
			<Civilopedia>TEXT_MUST_BE_WRITTEN</Civilopedia>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_SPELL_ADD_TO_FREAK_SHOW_HELP</Help>
			<PromotionPrereq1>[COLOR="Red"]PROMOTION_ALFAR[/COLOR]</PromotionPrereq1>
			<UnitClassPrereq>UNITCLASS_SLAVE</UnitClassPrereq>
			<CivilizationPrereq>CIVILIZATION_BALSERAPHS</CivilizationPrereq>

should be:

Code:
		<SpellInfo>			<!-- Add to Freak Show (Hamstalfar) -->
			<Type>SPELL_ADD_TO_FREAK_SHOW_HAMSTALFAR</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_SPELL_ADD_TO_FREAK_SHOW</Description>
			<Civilopedia>TEXT_MUST_BE_WRITTEN</Civilopedia>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_SPELL_ADD_TO_FREAK_SHOW_HELP</Help>
			<PromotionPrereq1>[COLOR="Navy"]PROMOTION_DARK_ELF[/COLOR]</PromotionPrereq[B]1[/B]>
			<PromotionPrereq2>[COLOR="Blue"]PROMOTION_ELF[/COLOR]</PromotionPrereq[B]2[/B]>
			<UnitClassPrereq>UNITCLASS_SLAVE</UnitClassPrereq>
			<CivilizationPrereq>CIVILIZATION_BALSERAPHS</CivilizationPrereq>

Uniting the Court is all nice and well but let's keep that court tidy. :3

Keep up the good work! :D

Top Bottom