Final Fixes Reborn

Hello all,

First off, thank you for all of your work on this amazing game... I have been playing RifE for at least 8 years since sometime in college... I don't think any one collection of mods (AoE, RifE, and FFH2) has occupied so much of my time!!!

I haven't played in a few years, so I thought I'd give this version a whirl... I followed the standard installation instructions to a T, but when I try and launch AoE from the launcher tool a box quickly opens and closes (so fast I can't see what it says, but I assume it's some kind of loading box?) and my computer acts like nothing has happened and I'm stuck watching my desktop lol.

I tried to browse some of the pages within this thread but it looks like no one else is having the same problem I am. I am updated to 3.19 BTS, I am also using Steam but I'm not sure if that has an effect on anything. I also put Civ4 in beta mode like the instructions said.

Does anyone know about a crash to desktop error when launching AoE? I'm so desperate to play again!!!! :(

I have a series of bug reports. Started a new game (svn 227) after a play now to clear things up, and noticed things were a little wonky. First I kept getting an event to the effect of "Barbarians are at our gates, our armies have failed us, all is lost!" Over and over again. That, and any other events I got, rarely seemed to do anything. I also got the no diplomacy bug. I also can't seem to open any treasure chests, or at least not the ones dropped by Orthus and Zarcaz. (I kept playing, just to see how many bugs I could accrue)

I've had the events messing up bug happen a couple of times before. I forget which version, exactly, I first started getting it, but it was definitely this year, and I want to say within the past couple of months. (since I updated to Windows 10, in case that makes a difference) It always seems to start off with getting the Acheron's Chosen even right away, which does seem to work as intended. Events I've seen that don't work right include the "isolated village of elves" event, which displays the ignore them, welcome them home, and more petlings options, regardless of what civ or alignment I'm playing, and only the welcome them home option does anything. Also, the ancient warrior's tomb event, which never spawns a skeleton, and only the plus culture option does anything. The "husband's screams" event did absolutely nothing. I know there were one or two other events that showed up, but I can't remember them. I'd say 8 times out of 10 it was the "all is lost" event.

Save file for all this craziness: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxoH3Ywt3uljai00NHdzNk4xU1k/view?usp=sharing

For the record, I simply restarted civ 4, and started a new game, and all was well, but if I load up the save, the wonkyness continues.

Hello all,

First off, thank you for all of your work on this amazing game... I have been playing RifE for at least 8 years since sometime in college... I don't think any one collection of mods (AoE, RifE, and FFH2) has occupied so much of my time!!!

I haven't played in a few years, so I thought I'd give this version a whirl... I followed the standard installation instructions to a T, but when I try and launch AoE from the launcher tool a box quickly opens and closes (so fast I can't see what it says, but I assume it's some kind of loading box?) and my computer acts like nothing has happened and I'm stuck watching my desktop lol.

I tried to browse some of the pages within this thread but it looks like no one else is having the same problem I am. I am updated to 3.19 BTS, I am also using Steam but I'm not sure if that has an effect on anything. I also put Civ4 in beta mode like the instructions said.

Does anyone know about a crash to desktop error when launching AoE? I'm so desperate to play again!!!! :(

can you try starting the mod from BtS ? ( to see if it's an issue with the mod or the launcher)

Edit : and i'll take a look at the mammoth thing

can you try starting the mod from BtS ? ( to see if it's an issue with the mod or the launcher)

Edit : and i'll take a look at the mammoth thing

HAH well... looks like of all things I had it in another mod folder. Rookie mistake heh. Looks to be working fine now... thank you! :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

question for the people with the no-diplomacy bug : when you get the blank diplomacy screen, do you for example see the civics data on the top of the screen ? The name of the Leader ? Do the mouseover work ?

in other news, i've rewritten completely the code that was causing the save crashes, it should be more stable next revision. also started adding AI for mercenaries

question for the people with the no-diplomacy bug : when you get the blank diplomacy screen, do you for example see the civics data on the top of the screen ? The name of the Leader ? Do the mouseover work ?

in other news, i've rewritten completely the code that was causing the save crashes, it should be more stable next revision. also started adding AI for mercenaries

Just got that problem, again. Yes, yes, and yes.

You mean you didn't create a Mammoth Pen with it? The animal buildings are brilliant and really whack down the Mekara.
I agree....; poor poor mekara.

needs to build a scout with 5xp, upgrade him to combat 1 + subdue animal .. and then upgrade to the slave-hunters..

however you still don't get bonus against animals.. so the hunt is riskier.

I agree....; poor poor mekara.

needs to build a scout with 5xp, upgrade him to combat 1 + subdue animal .. and then upgrade to the slave-hunters..

however you still don't get bonus against animals.. so the hunt is riskier.

Mekara are forbidden from getting the Subdue Animal upgrade. Urban blocks it without any upside.

Deliberately so - I felt that the shift in priorities justified it. Admittedly, the animal cages always felt a bit too random for my tastes, so that probably influenced it a fair bit.

One option might have been to do something similar to the Balseraphs and give them "slave" cages of the various races, I suppose. Out of my hands by now, either way.

the only mean then is to go FoL... and get satyrs... mesmerize animals ftw !

Hey all, got the itch to play again and I was wondering if this modmodmod has a fix that I remember wishing I had last time I played (previously used Ashes of Erebus & launcher).

Do the Infernals/Mercurians/Frozen (if they're included, haven't done my research yet!) work in mutiplayer? In the past nothing would happen when a player researched the infernal pact.

I haven't tried fall further plus yet but it seems to be the most updated version here so sorry for crashing into your thread :)

Edit: So I see in my post history that I made almost the same post last June and never found a solution. Some more details: Playing hotseat game with 20+ players. Largest map size. Previously it was mentioned that Hyborem can fail to spawn if the map is fully colonized but I did keep a large clear area available for him during a test and still no effect.

Hey all, got the itch to play again and I was wondering if this modmodmod has a fix that I remember wishing I had last time I played (previously used Ashes of Erebus & launcher).

Do the Infernals/Mercurians/Frozen (if they're included, haven't done my research yet!) work in mutiplayer? In the past nothing would happen when a player researched the infernal pact.

I haven't tried fall further plus yet but it seems to be the most updated version here so sorry for crashing into your thread :)

Edit: So I see in my post history that I made almost the same post last June and never found a solution. Some more details: Playing hotseat game with 20+ players. Largest map size. Previously it was mentioned that Hyborem can fail to spawn if the map is fully colonized but I did keep a large clear area available for him during a test and still no effect.

I'll try to look into it ( i remember it being mentioned but i didn't think it was an issue in hotseat too, and hotseat is the only multiplayer i can easily test ^^)

I'll try to look into it ( i remember it being mentioned but i didn't think it was an issue in hotseat too, and hotseat is the only multiplayer i can easily test ^^)

Is it possible that Hyborem fails to spawn based on player number? I tried a couple of fast 2 player and 4 player hotseat games and he spawned successfully in those and the player was able to transfer control to the Infernals.

just commited a large revision with :
-something that should properly prevent the cause of the save crash issue people had
-a basic AI for hiring mercenaries
-the possibility for the hippus to contract out their own units as mercenaries ( no Ai for that yet)
-various small fixes and additional info for some spells

no progress on the diplomacy thing yet. If someone gets it regularly on a save in the new revision, can you upload the save ? i want to see if i can get it from a save.

now i'm gonna look into the multi hyborem thing
Edit: Tested it in a huge 16player game, it worked perfectly.

edit2: i really need some feedback on the mercs.

just commited a large revision with :

now i'm gonna look into the multi hyborem thing
Edit: Tested it in a huge 16player game, it worked perfectly.

edit2: i really need some feedback on the mercs.

A few friends and I started another large hotseat game yesterday. It may take several days for us to play through to that point but i'll grab a save a turn or two before and post again if Hyborem still fails. Thanks for taking a look!

Unrelated question, how do important leaders gain xp? I couldn't find anything in the civlopedia about it.

Important leaders don't gain xp. At the moment, they have a chance to gain a trait when they do some specific action ( for example, they have a chance to gain Magic Resistant if they build the first Altar of the Luonnotar)
Emergent Leaders are the ones gaining xp. For them, it depends on what their main trait is. ( for example, Lorelei Coral will gain xp when doing stuff related to water such as using water spells, increasing her sea territory,... while Naxus will gain xp from raising undeads ^^).

I'm gonna write a Concept entry in the Pedia when i have some time. I don't think i will give exact details on how to gain xp for each leader in the pedia though. I'll probably give a few pointers in the trait strategy text but no more.

can someone else confirm that ? it seems to work fine on my computer. i'm running further tests but what civs, maps, options were you using ? (also try do delete the Assets folder and then Update, there might have been a corrupt file)

It seems to work for me. I haven't thoroughly tested it, but I've managed to start a game.

EDIT:
Never mind, I tried a custom game and I get a CTD when I end the turn. Previously I started a Play Now game which seemed to work fine which makes me think that one of the options broke in this update.

EDIT2:
I used these options
Spoiler :

No Tech Brokering
Permanent Alliances
Blessings of Amathon
Living World
Wild Mana
Feral Mana
Mana Guardians
No Liberation
Broader Alignments
Flavor Starts
No Inflation

yes, i only play custom games. fractured earth defaults, huge map, broader align, compact enforced, i don't think the other options would break the game.

It seems to work for me. I haven't thoroughly tested it, but I've managed to start a game.

EDIT:
Never mind, I tried a custom game and I get a CTD when I end the turn. Previously I started a Play Now game which seemed to work fine which makes me think that one of the options broke in this update.

EDIT2:
I used these options
Spoiler :

No Tech Brokering
Permanent Alliances
Blessings of Amathon
Living World
Wild Mana
Feral Mana
Mana Guardians
No Liberation
Broader Alignments
Flavor Starts
No Inflation

can you get me the save file? ( if you got to the first turn, then the initial autosave must have worked)

yes, i only play custom games. fractured earth defaults, huge map, broader align, compact enforced, i don't think the other options would break the game.
always start with a play now game if you come from another modmod, it's needed to reinitialize hidden options ( it's unlikely to have been the cause of the issue, though).

still working fine on my end of things, i'm gonna look into those options.

Top Bottom