1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fixes Reborn

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Ronkhar, Apr 17, 2013.

1. mihoshi

mihoshi Chieftain

Is your locale using comma as a decimal dot? Civ's XML parser is silly like that.

2. 8BitArchitect

8BitArchitect Chieftain

Two quick questions.

1: What specifically is the incompatibility with the steam version that requires use of the "unsupported original release" beta? That version appears to have issues on my Win 10 machine so I'd like to use the steam version if possible.

2: What might cause the text icons to not show up? I played for a bit (steam version) and noticed that they were pretty much completely missing from the UI.

3. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

well, you answered your first question in the second. The steam version had an update but we don't have the source for that update, so we can't adapt our code to what's changed in it. In particular, there seems to have been some interface tweaks. The last version for which we have the source code is 3.19 ( which is the "unsupported original release" beta)

4. TheIO

TheIO Bugged

What are the triggers for hell terrain spawning? Because I've yet to have the Infernals arrive in my game but already about 10% of the map is hell terrain. AC did get as high as 89 recently admittedly - I know it affects the spread rate, but does it introduce hell terrain to Erebus too at a particular AC?

5. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

The Wonder spell can pop hell and there's a random event too (Entropy node Flare). As far as i know, that's all.

6. Viatos

Viatos Prince

I personally can only play by launching the launcher, in administrator mode, through Steam. If I do not do this - my UI disappears or I load into an empty world or the game crashes or I fail to compress game data or some other awful thing.

Some of these things still apparently happen under normal circumstances, but it is pretty much 100% if I don't go through the original release and through Steam.

I'm also using Windows 10 and it does work (more often than not) if I do the paragraph 1 thing.

That said, this is a giGANTIC installation involving the interacting XML, python, and .dll changes of a ton of rotating teams of people doing and undoing things all over the place. There is groundwork in the Rise From Erebus code, let alone the earlier teams, that never saw widespread implementation or testing - look at the list of things you can do with Affinity now, or the concept of stackable promotions that you can take an infinite number of times. That stuff's in the code, you can add things that use it, but it isn't exactly field-tested. That's just random experiments from the last team. There's just...oodles.

Black Imperator's work is exemplary, but there are so many variables in motion that you gotta keep in mind, sometimes it's just destined to CTD. :lol:

7. TheIO

TheIO Bugged

Is filling in the missing localisations liable to cause problems?

8. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

it shouldn't, no

9. dvor

dvor Chieftain

You might want to read the following entry:
    Pedia/Fall from Heaven Concepts/Hell Terrain

10. Babarigo

Babarigo Chieftain

In my game Stephanos spawned and gave 5 unhappiness as always but after he died a second time removing his immortal promotion the unhappiness remained. I added a new Stephanos with the world editor and he gave again 5 unhappiness but deleting him didn't removed the unhappiness. I'm playing with the svn version that I downloaded like 4 days ago.

11. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

hmmm, i think i see what happened, i'll look into it today

Edit : i think i got it fixed, testing a bit more before commiting. (also you'd have to reload a save before his death for it to work properly)

Edit 2 : commited, don't forget clearing your cache (C://Users/User/AppData/Local/BeyondTheSword) after updating. (it seems to help with stability)

12. Babarigo

Babarigo Chieftain

It works thanks. I also have two questions about Mekara Order :

Is Zaria Scheria going to have important status or she will stay emergent and have her trait changed to have 3 levels like other emergent leaders ? I personally changed her to important.

I've noticed that I can't enslave familiars anymore. Is it a change made on purpose ?

13. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

at least one of the two secondary leaders will get emergent, maybe both ( not sure yet, mekara is not a civ i know well ^^) as for the second question, i think it's something that has come up yes.

14. cthom

cthom 3,011,451,295

looks like summoned creatures/fireballs are not dying after one or two turns. i've had fireballs that say 'will die in 2 turns' but are still active after very many turns. same with enemy spectres, einherjar, etc.

15. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

ok i got it, i finish something and i'll test and commit

commited

16. Jheral

Jheral Prince

Prevents buildable production that can stack endlessly.

You should have seen them back when they were released - I'd forgotten to add limits to how many slaves you could place in one city, and left the undercouncil's option to buy slaves still in.

It was... slightly broken. :twitch:

17. Formorian

Formorian Chieftain

Hello all,
    first I want to give a big thanks to programmers and contributors, since my wife and I are playing civ4 solely for this mod (even bought the steam edition lately on top of the gamespy version, while trying to solve the following problem).

Since the difficulties we experience are ooc-related I have not been able to find a functioning solve on the internet up till know, so I figured you would at least want to know.

Bug(?): Immediate ooc after starting a mp-game with two players on a LAN.

Measures taken/Prequisites:
    -We both use win10 OS
    -We are on a LAN (avm fritz.box router)
    -My wife is on port 2056, I'm 2057
    -Portforwarding is activated both in router and firewalls
    -Civ:BTS 3.19 (steam:original_release)
    -AoE:svn284 (last try, the latest official release 14.11 seems to work fine though)
    - edit: caches have been cleaned with shift on start and manual, no difference

Maybe this helps shed some light on the problem.

Thanks again for your great work

F.

18. 8BitArchitect

8BitArchitect Chieftain

Got the game running. Anyone know if there's a Mod that adds to map selection (more scripts, bigger maps, and more default players?) I seem to recall more map options when I last played ~2 years ago, though that may have been Rise and not Ashes...

Edit: When I say "more scripts" specifically, I'm looking for a map that produces something more akin to Middle Earth. More open regions still separated by mountain ranges, maybe a large sea on one side or in the middle. stuff like that. Though anything with interesting scripts that support AoE would be nice.

19. Viatos

Viatos Prince

@Fomorian: Out-of-sync errors are the eternal bugaboo of Ashes, RiFE, FF, and to some degree even basic FFH. Probably as close to a solution as exists is to try that PitBoss thing that lets you essentially play-by-email, and if that sounds very unfortunate, it is. But so many, many things can cause OOS.

8-Bit Architect: There's really only one functional map right now, unfortunately (the others are "technical" options but produce weird results when it comes to feature placement). The guy who made it was a saint. If you want more, you could always try checking out their work and learning to make new ones ;) but as far as I know there are no other maps with supportive scripts.

20. TheIO

TheIO Bugged

So you're saying that the only functional map is the Erebus one? Are ErebusContinent and WorldOfErebus not functional then?