Final Fixes Reborn

Hi.

I finally managed to get Civ4 to work on my Windows 10. And following suit, I want to play some Fall From Heaven.

Is this the current defacto FFH mod? I'm honestly not versed in any of the forums and it's too overwhelming to browse. FFH is just an amazing mod and I'm definitely into playing one of the improved modmods.

Honestly this adds so much to FFH2 that feels so right. 100% this mod, tried others but... eh. This one for sure.

Mercenary system is awesome! I did notice a couple glitches here and there.

The one that stands out in my memory is, upon choosing to join the Infernal when you join them the City of Dis is accessible but completely covered by fog of war until you move all the way to explorable areas. Granted it was only about 2-3 turns of movement but still a bit aggravating.

Up to my knowledge, it's a bug that has been happening for years, even in base ffh. I'll try to look into it buti can't guarantee i'll find out a way to fix it ^^

Hi.

I finally managed to get Civ4 to work on my Windows 10. And following suit, I want to play some Fall From Heaven.

Is this the current defacto FFH mod? I'm honestly not versed in any of the forums and it's too overwhelming to browse. FFH is just an amazing mod and I'm definitely into playing one of the improved modmods.

You have three main remaining branches of FFH modmods :

Ashes of Erebus, which is here, which follows from Fall Further and Rise of Erebus, and tries to fix bugs and balance issue from those mods while realizing some of the concepts that were unfinished. Compared to FFH, you'll find a few new civs and some new mechanics.

More Naval AI, which is similar to normal FFH with plenty of AI work and bugfixes. It has two modmods still worked on too :
-Extramodmod which is focused on balanced multiplayer, iirc
-Magister Modmod, which is focused on bringing the whole ffh lore to the game.

Master of Mana Extended, which follows from WildMana and Master of Mana, which basically reworks completely every system of the game (and especially the Magic System) into something very complex.

when i get to something stable and relatively balanced, principally with the emergent leaders. At this point, svn is way easier to work with for me to make quick balance changes. There is a way to downlaod the latest version without using svn though: go here https://sourceforge.net/p/ashesoferebus/code/HEAD/tree/ and click download snapshot. It'll be a download of the current state of the code. The negative point is you'll have to download the whole thing each time there's an update.

For the Boar, since people want a name change, i'll get to it. I'm not too fond of the Caledonian Boar idea as it's too specific a reference i think.

apart from that, i'm tweaking Duin at the moment and preparing a Hippus emergent Leader.

Any feedback on the latest version ?

Thanks for the snapshot tip, I'm DLing now. I'll come back to report anything worthwhile.

Honestly this adds so much to FFH2 that feels so right. 100% this mod, tried others but... eh. This one for sure.

Up to my knowledge, it's a bug that has been happening for years, even in base ffh. I'll try to look into it buti can't guarantee i'll find out a way to fix it ^^

You have three main remaining branches of FFH modmods :

Ashes of Erebus, which is here, which follows from Fall Further and Rise of Erebus, and tries to fix bugs and balance issue from those mods while realizing some of the concepts that were unfinished. Compared to FFH, you'll find a few new civs and some new mechanics.

More Naval AI, which is similar to normal FFH with plenty of AI work and bugfixes. It has two modmods still worked on too :
-Extramodmod which is focused on balanced multiplayer, iirc
-Magister Modmod, which is focused on bringing the whole ffh lore to the game.

Master of Mana Extended, which follows from WildMana and Master of Mana, which basically reworks completely every system of the game (and especially the Magic System) into something very complex.

Sounds great! I'm going to try and install this then. :)

I have downloaded AoE with the snapshot. Installed it and while loading a save game or starting a new game the game crushes.

Sometimes I have no menu on the top or bottom, but the planet surface. I can only leave the game by pressing Escape.

I have the steam version and set it on the 'original_release_u...'.
Renamed old AoE folder of the working standard version, so I would not just overwrite files.
Did also a validation of the files with steam, to check if there is a game file defect.

I know it is a beta, only to check if this is known.

Some Leaders like Gimil or Goodreau had only one special instead of two. Goodreaus for example only [Fin]. Is there a reason why they do not have two? (Just saw some have even three)

Can you check what you do have in the Ashes of Erebus folder that is inside Mods? Sometimes there's an issue of misplaced files. Also try to delete your cache ( in User\AppData\Local\My Games\beyond the sword\) and run a play now game to clear any hidden options.

As for the Traits, some leaders are Emergent Leaders who only get one trait that can be leveled ( Gimil is in this group but isn't finished yet, some finished examples are Naxus or Gaius Octavius), some are Important leader that get one trait at the start but can gain more during the game ( Goodreau is in this group at the moment, i'll probably move him to emergent once i have an interesting idea for his trait)

I forgot to mention that I also deleted the Cache files.

This is in the AoE folder:
Ashes of Erebus\AoELauncher.exe
Ashes of Erebus\Ashes of Erebus Options.ini
Ashes of Erebus\Ashes of Erebus.ini
Ashes of Erebus\Assets
Ashes of Erebus\CivColorPicker.exe
Ashes of Erebus\CivDisabler.exe
Ashes of Erebus\CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Ashes of Erebus\Documentation DynTraits
Ashes of Erebus\PediaReader.exe
Ashes of Erebus\PrivateMaps
Ashes of Erebus\README
Ashes of Erebus\Resource
Ashes of Erebus\SchemaUpdater.exe
Ashes of Erebus\UnsupportedMaps
Ashes of Erebus\Valkrionn.ico
Ashes of Erebus\version.txt

No, Mods/Ashes of Erebus

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods/Ashes of Erebus

ok, then that's definitely the steam related interface issue. it has got something to do with python not firing properly but I have strictly no idea on how to fix that. It comes and goes for some players. if you get the game with no interface, quit and then reload the initial save, it occasionally works. Also please activate python debugging and logging in your bts civ4_config file ( HidePythonExceptions to 0 and LoggingEnabled to 1) and then upload thecontent of the log folder (in user/my doc /my games/ bts / log)

ok, so as i expected, the game doesn't detect some of the python modules, apparently the ones in subfolders.
so, a first test would be to try to move all those files out of the subfolders ( in Assets/python)

also , would be interesting to see if the debug dll works for this ( it's in the main folder, switch it with the one in Assets, you'll get a bunch of warnings during gameplay that you can ignore) and maybe also chech if language has anything to do with it ( i noticed you play in German).

I removed all files from the subfolders in Assets/python in the python folder.
Set language on english.

Still same issue.

Copied the CvGameCoreDLL form the main folder in the assets folder, same issue.

Next I did was putting all files from the subfolder back into it, but from the packed file. So the same files remain in the python folders.

It seems to by ok in the moment...

How do I enter WorldBuilder in my game? I started a new single player game, but I don't see the option to access world builder in the main menu once in game. Also, Game Details appears to require some sort of admin password? I'm using the version 14.11 full installation download.

for the worldbuilder, i have no issue on my end, it might be a hidden option, try starting a play now game to see if it resets. as for the game details, i have no idea what is supposed to appear there, i always thought the password thing was to protect your save file ^^

There is a option for the worldbuilder? I used always CTRL+W.

About the python errors, still have them. :-(

Top Bottom