Final Fixes Reborn

1)
snip
2) i don't remember what the rationale was. i'm thinking of changing it. they did in the first 50 turns in my last three games

I seem to vaguely recall that the 2 scout start was intended as a sort of risk/reward power limiter. Elves+leaves religion was(and probably still is) a very powerful combination. The Ljosalfar are very well placed to found leaves early and get one the earliest national heroes. 2 scouts forced you to be very careful in the initial stages or risk elimination but have a very strong game if you survived. But yeah AI doesn't know what to do with this particular piece of balance.

Well, I'm back to the SVN and basically haven't been able to start a new game. Either I get a CtD (with or without pyhon exceptions) when starting a new game, or the game does start after many python exceptions that result in no UI.

I've attached a zip file containing screenshots of the 30 python exceptions I experienced on my latest attempt to start a game. I hope they're representative of the python exceptions I experienced on other startup attempts.

I can also upload crash dump files, although I seem to recall your saying that those aren't helpful.
thanks, hopefully, i can find something from those.

Who's Raitlor? I know she's a secondary leader for the Illians, but who is she?

Also, she's labelled as an Emergent leader but doesn't have an Emergent trait (she's got Trader only) - shouldn't she be re-classed as Important?

EDIT: Given that she isn't even on the Emergent Leaders tab of the AOE bugsheet, I'm going to assume that she's meant to be merely an Important leader.
She's supposed to be one but haven't had time to design her trait yet. It'll be pretty specific as she's one of the post-scenario leaders, trying to save what remains of her people after the failed ascension of Auric. Here is an old thread about her : https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/raitlor-and-the-others.360685/#post-9083122

I seem to vaguely recall that the 2 scout start was intended as a sort of risk/reward power limiter. Elves+leaves religion was(and probably still is) a very powerful combination. The Ljosalfar are very well placed to found leaves early and get one the earliest national heroes. 2 scouts forced you to be very careful in the initial stages or risk elimination but have a very strong game if you survived. But yeah AI doesn't know what to do with this particular piece of balance.
i'm not really convinced it's worth it, i'll think about it

She's supposed to be one but haven't had time to design her trait yet. It'll be pretty specific as she's one of the post-scenario leaders, trying to save what remains of her people after the failed ascension of Auric. Here is an old thread about her : https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/raitlor-and-the-others.360685/#post-9083122
In the interim, would it be worth designating her as Important until her trait's designed?

I'll start putting together a Pedia entry in the meantime.

Because I keep forgetting - what's the trigger for Aeron's Chosen?

Also, while we're at it - who's got mod powers over this subforum? The stickies are all 2+ years since the last post, and should probably be taken down at this point.

How long's the time period between Auric's first visit to Letum Frigus (as in his Pedia entry) and when he dead?

Assuming military campaigns take a while, at the very least a couple of years.
From his first visit, he led illians and doviello to the heart of the bannor and grigori empires, then sent an hippus army get barnaxus while his own troops rested and finally led the three armies to take control of pristin pass and resurrect drifa. From this, he retreated to Letum Frigus to start the ritual where he is killed by Rhoanna and Falamar with the Netherblade.

Whenever I speak with a leader, their dialogue box is blank. I did an SVN update to make sure I'm not missing files (I'm on revision 302) and I did a Steam integrity verification. I also tried starting a new game. None of these helped.

Attachments

• Blank Text.PNG
    Blank Text.PNG
    614 KB · Views: 206
Whenever I speak with a leader, their dialogue box is blank. I did an SVN update to make sure I'm not missing files (I'm on revision 302) and I did a Steam integrity verification. I also tried starting a new game. None of these helped.

I have had the same issue with this mod for ages. I would love to actually get into it and play it myself.

I have had the same issue with this mod for ages. I would love to actually get into it and play it myself.

i have a quick fix for this particular issue. The problem is that it breaks multiplayer. if it doesn't bother you, the file you need to change is here : https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...s-and-bug-reports.625762/page-2#post-14989077 you need to replace the CvDiplomacy.py file in Assets/python by the one in the archive .

Still trying to fix it properly

I`m trying to play Ashes Of Erebus on linux under wine.

on start I got XML error with PROMOTION_AMPHIBIOUS
it is getting somehow Index -1 - according to the xml error

Can you check it?
for your info, I`m able to completely error-free run Caveman2cosmos

Wine use more strict version of xml engine as far as i know

Screenshots:

I see these errors three times each

Last edited:
So, sorry to delay this stuff months, but I configured my game to track errors, and hopefully now it will be easier. I've attached an Autosave and Python Error log; presumably associated with my crash.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0584.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.8 MB · Views: 136
  • PythonErr2.7z
    1.9 KB · Views: 93
Just finished my first svn game. It was very fun and stable except increasing frequency of crash while browsing the main map after turn 250 or so.
I gave up a few previous games indeed because the savegames could not be loaded at some point by any means(rebooting PC, deleting caches or loading directly from the launcher...) While loading, the game crashed to desktop.
I guessed that some modules can cause problems(just guess :)) so I decided to remove as many modules as possible. I was using BannorChain, Frozen, Blackduke, Dural, PPQ flavor and More Events moduls. Greatest People and Hamstalfar had already been disabled as the launcher showed that they conflict with BannorChain and PPQ flavor.
I disabled 4 more modules and left Bannorchain and Frozen because it seemed that some promotions and units were broken(TXT_KEY_blahblah) without those two modules.(I do not know if the TXT_KEY thing can break games or not. Can it?)
This time game-loading did not cause problems and the game normally finished with victory at turn 366.
Now I want to start a new game with another probably-stable module. I'm thinking that PPQ flavor and More-events are attractive. Some recommendations?

FYI, I played Yakut/Kuriotates. Egalitarian trait progressed well to level 2. I could not reached level 3. The game ended before that.

Last edited:
My module is just an art change, so it should be completely stable. It does not add any events, gameplay mechanics or anything like that. So there is nothing to crash.

Also, a note about my module conflicting with the hamsters. Long story short is they don't. Not really.

We we both add new art to the elves, and the launcher sees that as a potential conflict. But I have made sure that there is no overlap AND am my internal testing is done with them active and I have had no issues. So you should be able to play the game safely with both on.

Last edited:
PPQ_Purple did you tried to launch mod with debug library?
debug library have many complaints about "empty xml"

but I do not found any empty files - so something fishy happening in the XML side

most of the debug errors at startup are not really errors, it"s the xml loader being scared of stuff like empty lines or comments with specific characters. It's not really a priority at the moment but i'll clean the xml at some point.

Otherwise, nice to know that with less modules it seems to work better. If other people could test and confirm that, that could point at the modules for causes of the python issue

Top Bottom