1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fixes Reborn

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Ronkhar, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Hunter Johnson

Hunter Johnson Chieftain

Posted before I tried launching *shakes head* yeah, broke the whole thing. The shorter folder names did seem to solve the in-launcher issues though. For the Bannor it might just have been because it read as a different folder, so less a solution and more a workaround.

Running the launcher as administrator did not help with the access issue. And that's the only module that has that particular problem, as far as I can tell.

2. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

If you rename the folder you are getting permission errors for into something shorter like say "a". Do you still get the error or does it work?

3. Hunter Johnson

Hunter Johnson Chieftain

Shortening "BannorChainofCommand" into "BCC" allowed me to activate and deactivate it at will without the permissions error, if that's what you're asking.

4. PPQ_Purple

Yes, that's it. I believe this will be useful to the dev here because the permanent fix to the issue is to rename it as you did and than go into the modules XML and replace every instance of "BannorChainofCommand" with the new name. Do that and it'll work.

5. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

My experience with the system tends to mirror Mknn's one . It feels very easy to turn a city by just killing a large stack of defenders ( well defended cities become more at risk of culture flip than weak border ones.) So i do have some intention of tweaking it.

A cap would be a possibility, or maybe a cap per turn. Another thing i'd like is linking it to alignment and/or societal values ( I have trouble imagining the bannor significantly switching to sheaim because they're losing to them or elohim feeling awed enough by their attackers to join them.)

1) so too easy it seems, i'll increase the point limit

2) i'll check that

3) i quite like the more intricate spells of Necromancer 3. but that affinity would be an interesting bonus. i'll think about it.

4) i've seen it happen in my last test game so unlikely but i'll check.

5)known bug, haven't been able to fully fix it but i have a quickfix for you ( it'll break multiplayer though)

also noted the module name thing. i'll shorten them next revision

6. Hunter Johnson

Hunter Johnson Chieftain

Thanks for the help y'all. It's really cool to see that this modmodmodmod(mod?) still has people actively working on it.

Any idea about the missing icons? Is there an option I need to turn on/off somewhere or a module that might be doing something weird/missing?

7. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

missing icons are usually a sign that you haven't indtalled the 3.19 verstion of BtS

8. Hunter Johnson

Hunter Johnson Chieftain

Found the issue. Apparently the steam install of BtS is listed as 3.19 regardless of whether you're using the original release or not (I was running the standard version of AoE on another system and compared to that one). I switched to the original release version and the icons are back now.
    (the Beta version - SVN tool section in download instructions probably needs the Steam Users Prereq line as well).

9. Samson

Samson Deity

The reason I think IDW is overpowered is the effect on the cultural control area, rather than on the cities. I tend to be able to pick off units outside the city, causing the cultural borders to retreat to the city. You can them move your heavy units to the city on roads. Taking this city frees more land from enemy cultural control, allowing you to move your fast units / summons to the next city. If you have a lot of units this can allow you spectacularly fast advancement.

10. Cyrus317

Cyrus317 Chieftain

I'm afraid that the problem may be a hardware limitation. Even though I have the new version, I'm still running a Dell XPS13 Ultrabook, and I think it simply has some sort of conflict with Civ 4. Because I'm not super smart on these things, I can't narrow down the variables of what is causing the problem. I've now checked, and although I have no trouble running Civ 4 and more graphics intensive games, I'm UNABLE to run ANY mods for Civ 4. All of them do the exact same thing, crashing the program.

System is as follows, if anyone else wants to take a stab at the problem:
    http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/xps-13/spd/xps-13-9360-laptop/dncwtr744h
    8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8550U Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.0 GHz)
    8GB LPDDR3 1866MHz
    Intel® UHD Graphics 620 with shared graphics memory

Pretty sad I'm not able to use this thing to play my favorite time killer while on the road. Thanks for the attempted help, Black_Imperator.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  11. PPQ_Purple

What version of windows are you using?

12. Cyrus317

Cyrus317 Chieftain

Sadly, I'm running Windows 10. I have all the newest updates and am running Civ IV Complete

13. PPQ_Purple

Civ works fine on win10. I can confirm that personally.
    Try setting it to Windows 7 computability mode. That's what I did to get it running.

14. TheIO

TheIO Bugged

Couple of thoughts:

1) Shouldn't Greatest People be fully integrated into the mod at this point?

2) Whilst having 2 scouts as Ljosalfar is quite useful for scouting, the AI doesn't seem to know to garrison with them, so it can very easily get knocked out on the first 20 turns before Evermore builds a warrior. Is there any reason why they alone get the 2 scout opening instead of scout/warrior?

15. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

1) i prefered having it as a module in case someone was bothered by the references
    2) i don't remember what the rationale was. i'm thinking of changing it. they did in the first 50 turns in my last three games

16. Cyrus317

Cyrus317 Chieftain

I believe my problem is with my hardware at this point, and not my software. Compatability mode didn't work. Of course, applying it to the launcher and the original program. Are you applying that to a different file within the AoE directory?

17. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Well, I'm back to the SVN and basically haven't been able to start a new game. Either I get a CtD (with or without pyhon exceptions) when starting a new game, or the game does start after many python exceptions that result in no UI.

I've attached a zip file containing screenshots of the 30 python exceptions I experienced on my latest attempt to start a game. I hope they're representative of the python exceptions I experienced on other startup attempts.

I can also upload crash dump files, although I seem to recall your saying that those aren't helpful.

Attached Files:

18. PPQ_Purple

I am applying it to the Civ4BeyondSword.exe it self. And even than I get the most consistent functionality when I open up the exe and load the mod manually.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  19. TheIO

TheIO Bugged

Who's Raitlor? I know she's a secondary leader for the Illians, but who is she?

Also, she's labelled as an Emergent leader but doesn't have an Emergent trait (she's got Trader only) - shouldn't she be re-classed as Important?

EDIT: Given that she isn't even on the Emergent Leaders tab of the AOE bugsheet, I'm going to assume that she's meant to be merely an Important leader.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  20. Cyrus317

Cyrus317 Chieftain

I've been experimenting. The mods that the game came with, including Rhye's and Fall, all function as advertised. You use the Advanced Menu to load the Mod and everything works smoothly. However, Every version of FFH2, from the original to FF, RiFE, Ashes, etc, all cause the game to crash as it attempts to "restart" the game. The same happens with Rise of Mankind. I'm going to try downloading some smaller Mods to observe that effect