Final Fixes Reborn

PPQ_Purple did you tried to launch mod with debug library?
debug library have many complaints about "empty xml"

but I do not found any empty files - so something fishy happening in the XML side
It's probably the debuging system freaking out over empty lines in my files as black_imperator said. I like to keep my files well commented and spaced so that I can edit them more easily and the system probably does not like that. But it should be 100% harmless as blank and empty lines, as well as full line comments are fully within the XML specification and something I've seen in other mods as well.

In the interim, would it be worth designating her as Important until her trait's designed?

I'll start putting together a Pedia entry in the meantime.
Hi ThelanOakley, I see you asked me about Raitlor on my profile. I figured I'd answer here, it's been a long time since I visited those forums! I believe Raitlor did have a pedia entry written for her at some point -- if it isn't in-game however, I believe it may be lost somewhere. I've been looking around but I can't find anything. I'm open to questions if you have any but at this point I'm hardly one to call shots on anything anymore.

BTW, I love that you all are still in on this project. It's been so many years now. I'm going to play some of it for old times!

Hi ThelanOakley, I see you asked me about Raitlor on my profile. I figured I'd answer here, it's been a long time since I visited those forums! I believe Raitlor did have a pedia entry written for her at some point -- if it isn't in-game however, I believe it may be lost somewhere. I've been looking around but I can't find anything. I'm open to questions if you have any but at this point I'm hardly one to call shots on anything anymore.

BTW, I love that you all are still in on this project. It's been so many years now. I'm going to play some of it for old times!
I'm on-and-off with this tbh; I have a lot of games in my library and only so much time to play this.

Anyhow, I cobbled together your notes and made a Civilopedia entry for her here. The quality ain't great, but did I at least get the main thrusts of her characterisation there?

Last edited:
I can't seem to be able to click on your link for some reason.

Last edited:
Stop the presses and bear with me. I originally stated that there was NO ERROR when I opened up AoE via the launcher. Again, I'm new to Windows 10. There is no window that pops up with an error code, but I'm noticing that a Windows Error Reporter briefly pops up in my information pane (lower right hand corner) and quickly disappears (within a second). Sorry, I would have started with this info, had I caught it the first time:

Sorry to reply to an old post, but in the log you provided, this stood out to me: "Application Version: 3.1.3.1". Are you running version 3.19 of Beyond the Sword?

If you're still having issues, there's a brand new bug thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ashes-of-erebus-known-issues-and-bug-reports.625762/

Last edited:
So, while I wait to be helped hands-on, I figure I should ask of people who might know, if I want to do some troubleshooting myself, is there any sort of thing I can look for in the Python Error logs to determine what exactly went wrong?

crashes are usually caused by a dll issue more than a python one. What you can do is try running your game with the Debug dll ( which is available in the main folder of the download) instead of the basic one. You'll get several warnings, but if you ignore them, you should get to the point where you usually crash. From that point, note the warnings you get as they may indicate a cause of your crash ( there's also a small chance that ignoring the warning may skip the crashing part of the code and allow you to continue playing)

Might sharing the details in the "Stopped Working" pop-up messages also help?

Double-posting with a question: Which download do you mean? I've looked all over the Ashes of Erebus download and not found anything related to debug. Did you perhaps mean some core Civilization IV folder?

Double-posting with a question: Which download do you mean? I've looked all over the Ashes of Erebus download and not found anything related to debug. Did you perhaps mean some core Civilization IV folder?

So, in the SVN version (I don't think it's in the old stable version, but I could be wrong), in ..\Mods\Ashes of Erebus\Assets\ there is a CvGameCoreDLL.dll. However in the parent directory of Ashes of Erebus, there is another version of that file that is much bigger (about 18 MB compared to about 7MB). That larger CvGameCoreDLL file is the debug version. I believe you need to copy that to the Assets folder to use it (backup the original).

Well okay; but how do I know if I'm using the SVN version, and what if I'm not?

You know because you know what you did to download the game. The SVN download process is complicated and different to the point where you can't confuse the two. So just read the opening post of this thread and check which it is you have.

You may not call any shots but your opinion is still welcome and valued, especially on this stuff that you initially created ^^

Well, my intention was to answer your question and clarify the file that you were asking about... is it there? If so, then question answered. If not, then I guess that is because you are on the stable version (I was not 100% certain that the file doesn't exist in the stable version, but I guess that's probably the case). If you're on the stable version, then you shouldn't be experiencing the type of crash that you would get from a dll problem. Is it possible that you installed the mod under your Users\...\My Games\ folder rather than under Program Files\...etc...\ folder? I made that mistake when I recently got back to this mod. I installed it in the My Games\Beyond the Sword directory under Mods, and the launcher didn't work at all, and when I loaded the Mod after launching Beyond the Sword separately, it did weird terrible things and crashed. So it doesn't seem to like that. Additionally, if you're running the Steam version of Civ, you'll want to opt into Beta versions and choose "Original Release"...

Any of that help? I just got back to playing this mod myself after being away for about 6 years, so I'm sorry if I'm not much help, but I'm not sure exactly what issues you're having...

\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Ashes of Erebus\Assets\Modules\NormalModules\Frozen\XML\Units\Frozen_CIV4UnitInfos.xml

Assert Failed

File: CvXMLLoadUtilityGet.cpp
Line: 656
Expression: false
Message: Error in GetChildXmlVal function, unable to find a child node

I have standart map with 15 civs (including me) - 413 turn on marathon speed

and on end of the turn i constantly have crash, with debug dll i see:

Assert Failed

File: CvGame.cpp
Line: 5689
Expression: getUnitClassCreatedCount(eIndex) <= GC.getUnitClassInfo(eIndex).getMaxGlobalInstances()
Message: Index is expected to be within maximum bounds (invalid Index)

Assert Failed

File: CvPlayer.cpp
Line: 15432
Expression: getUnitClassCount(eIndex) <= (GC.getUnitClassInfo(eIndex).getMaxPlayerInstances() +getUnitClassPlayerInstancesChange(eIndex))
Message: getUnitClassCount is expected to be less than maximum bound of MaxPlayerInstances (invalid index)

Such error sometimes additionaly popup then i am hovering over cities \ units but on end of the turn it crash..

Once "end turn" pressed i see following messages:

File: CvCity.cpp
Line: 7175
Expression: getWorkingPopulation() >= 0
then

File: CvCity.cpp
Line: 13232
Expression: iIndex >= 0

File: CvGame.cpp
Line: 5689
Expression: getUnitClassCreatedCount(eIndex) <= GC.getUnitClassInfo(eIndex).getMaxGlobalInstances()
Message: Index is expected to be within maximum bounds (invalid Index)

File: CvUnitAI.cpp
Line: 14669
Expression: canDefend()
File: CvUnitAI.cpp
Line: 15702
Expression: AI_isCityAIType()
File: CvGlobals.cpp
Line: 1785
Expression: eUnitNum > -1
File: CvPlayer.cpp
Line: 2821
Expression: eUnit != NO_UNIT

File: CvUnit.cpp
Line: 172
Expression: NO_UNIT != eUnit
and crash after last message

Here is save

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0413.zip
    496.3 KB · Views: 237
EDIT: SOLVED
Final Fixes Reborn
Sorry to reply to an old post, but in the log you provided, this stood out to me: "Application Version: 3.1.3.1". Are you running version 3.19 of Beyond the Sword?

If you're still having issues, there's a brand new bug thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ashes-of-erebus-known-issues-and-bug-reports.625762/
If you guys would like me to move to the bug thread, I'll be happy to. Please let me know.

Alsark (and anyone interested in schooling me),
I purchased and downloaded Civ Complete via Amazon. I'm running it on Windows 10. The program installed and updated, and when I click "check for updates" via the in game menu, it states "no updates available." However, when I click "About this build," while running BtS I gain the following insights:
Civ Version: 317
Save Version: 301
Build Version: 3.1.3.1
Build Date: Monday May 19 09:20:10 2008
Build: FINAL RELEASE
Is this actually the 3.1.3 build, or is that just a Civ Complete oddity.

Also of note, when I compared this Amazon install to my CD install on my other computer...
CD install was just Beyond the Sword, with a mod folder path of C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods
whereas the Amazon Civ Complete mod folder path is longer: C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods
Should I perhaps delete the unecessary level of folders? (ie: 2K Games)

Last edited:
Top Bottom