Firaxis: Patch coming next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
warpstorm said:
One thing to consider is that a work week in the games industry ends when your boss gets in on Monday morning. ;)
Which wouldn't be quite so bad if that also wasn't the start of the next workweek.

That being said, Fridays and just before holidays make for good release days. That way, if everything is done, everyone "gets" to take the weekend or the holiday off.

Keep in mind with the memoy leak thing that it could be that, it could be poor texture management in the game, almost anything. Could be a rogue thread, etc...

Venger
P.S. Holding in my hot little hands my just arrived 6600GT... if there is a God, please let him bless this mighty card that I might play this game in his righteous name, A-FREAKING-MEN...

It should work for you, Venger, as that's what I've got in one of my computers.

warpstorm said:
It should work for you, Venger, as that's what I've got in one of my computers.

And what drivers are you useng, mighty tenctacle? 'cause I'm running a 6600gt and having crashes and reboots... with both upgraded and non upgraded chipset and audio drivers.

I tried a lot of nVidia Driver sets, no luck 'til now.

77.30 (yes, I am out of date, I haven't had issues so I haven't updated).

Well, one report said a patch was coming this week, and it's Friday. Do you think it will get here by tomorrow?

I hope so...really, really hope so. If we're lucky, we may get the patch before the day is over...

april fools, there is no patch.

Well the week ain't over yet, right?

And I don't think they promised that it would be released this week, just that they where hoping for a release.

But I rather wait a week more for them to go through the patch more extensively.

knord said:
And I don't think they promised that it would be released this week, just that they where hoping for a release.

But I rather wait a week more for them to go through the patch more extensively.
QFT
Thats my feelings exactly! Though so far my only complaint is the flexibility of the 'pedia, but thats such a minor issue... barely worth mentioning... :crazyeye:

knord said:

I second to that.
Just keep fixing accurately...

I think you will have to start a new game for the patch and i have an iteresting one going on which won't end by the end of next week so i don't care too much

There never was a public announcement from Firaxis that there would be a patch this week. Like the others who have responded, I'd rather wait an extra few days to get a solid patch -- not a rushed patch that breaks as much as it fixes. Then again, I don't have any issues with the game, and I understand that those who do are a little less patient. I'm just worried that the patch will somehow break my game, I guess.

I for one am anxious to see a patch. I played last night and saw, among bugs and glitches I've seen before with SS part construction, I saw actual error messages displayed during game play, corrupted file names. :rolleyes:

I also saw a massive jump in an opponent AI civ's score in one turn. Not sure what happened with that, but I'm suspicous and peeved. Mainly because I was ahead in score at that time, as it turned out I lost the game by running out of time and being in second place. Grumble....:mad:

Weell, at least some word from them, even if not official. There'll probably be a patch faster than poor Maxis could ever manage. *is a mildly disgruntled simmer*

You guys have to remember to update your drivers. Game runs well for me so far {P4 and 6800gt} and HI me new:crazyeye:

12 more hours until the patch promise goes unfulfilled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom